Ninja Warriors Once Again - PS4/Switch/Steam

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
evil_ash_xero

Ninja Warriors Once Again - PS4/Switch/Steam

Post by evil_ash_xero »

This is called Ninja Saviors, in the West.
I was wondering if anyone has played the JPN version, because I would like to get it, due to the name change. However, I don't want to deal with tons of Japanese text. I have it on SNES, and the JPN version is in English. However, this will have a lot of options.
It SEEMS that it's out, as there are gameplay vids on YT. And it was supposed to launch in July.

In case anyone didn't know, it's basically like Wild Guns: Reloaded, but Ninja Warriors Again. I don't think it has any new stages, but it has the Daddy Mulk, and other songs you can put in the game. Switching soundtracks, I think. I think it has a red blood option, as some of the trailers show that. But they're all in Japanese, so I can't tell for sure.

Anyone gotten this? Also, there will be a Physical copy later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bkzwGErK4k

EDIT: It's delayed in the US until August 30th, but is on the JPN shop. I think it's on the Asian shop too.
Last edited by evil_ash_xero on Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ajora

Re: Ninja Warriors Once Again - PS4/Switch

Post by Ajora »

It looks absolutely wonderful.
There was a time, in the era of great chaos, when the Earth and the moon were at war with each other. A daredevil from the moon piloted a bizarre aircraft. It was feared, and because of its shape, called... Einhander.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

There's been a bit of ongoing discussion in the sidescroller and "general" non-shmup threads, but not much. It looks like Zaarock is the first member to have played it here:
Zaarock wrote:Enjoying TNWOA a lot. Both the new characters are super fun to use and very different. Strong too but they have a heavier learning curve.

Anyone found a decent way to fight the last boss with Raiden? I can 1cc up to that point on hard but the boss is like 100x harder than everything else and wildly inconsistent. Since raiden is so big/slow the lasers and hyper armor chip damage stack up and you can slowly die when he goes into 2nd phase with constant lasers.
edit: blocking a lot seems like the way to go maybe, the lasers can clear things for you & try to get damage from easier enemies whenever you can.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I just bought it. I'll chime in later, on what I think.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Approved Image Image Image
kitten

Post by kitten »

i think i'm going to wait to play until my physical copy with BONUS METAL CHOPSTICKS gets here, but i'm really glad to see some of the positive impressions
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
BIL

Post by BIL »

Damn, clean sweep across the board on the limited editions. :O Good to see. ^_~

My soldiers, rage! (・`ω´・)
My soldiers, scream! (`ω´メ)
My soldiers, BUY THIS FUCKIN GAME (・`W´・)

edit: oh btw, if anyone's just happening across this game - I wrote this quick primer for the SFC original, but I'm guessing it might help a little to explain why TNWA is no random walk n' stab, and why I'm still pinching myself that this is actually frickin happening. :O
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Any idea when the SLG editions are going to ship? I probably naively imagined they'd be ready by the game's actual release.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

According to their site they're expecting them to "arrive" (presumably at their place, from the factory, and they'll ship to us after that) in August; PS4 "early to mid" and Switch "mid to late".
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

So early 2020 it is
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

It's an excellent remaster. Tons of redone graphics. Looks great, added new moves. Really sweet. If you like the original, get it.
My only problem is that the old arcade music is not remixed or redone. It's just the old music, and it sounds really dinky with the new sound effects and all.

Anyone know this if this is going to be released physically in Japan? I see USA/Europe/Asia, but I'm not seeing any pre-orders for Japan.

But it's dope. Now... let's do Pocky and Rocky.

EDIT: Also, EVERYTHING is in English. So, if you don't want to wait, just get this one.
Last edited by evil_ash_xero on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I'm sorry, but the best thing in this thread is BIL is back?!

Hope all is well on your end.
My lord, I have come for you.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Doing good thanks, especially seeing you guys have kept the NG thread in such fine form. :mrgreen:
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Iconoclast, me & others have been grinding this a lot since launch. Excellent game, easily one of the best this year.
The juggle/combo system seems to have changed things a lot. They really put some thought into attacks use for combo potential. You can get extended combos from things you'd never imagine (kunoichi down grab!?)
The new characters tend to focus more on the meter use attacks and less on bombing. But all have useful meter moves, bomb might just be the best for wide screen damage.
Enemies and bosses also got improvements all around, but I didn't play the original enough to comment much here. People keep saying the first and last boss got way harder.

Some impressions on characters:
Ninja: He might be the easiest to clear with and time attack. Meter move (unblockable nunchuck) is ridiculously good. Not many combos but doesn't really need it. Elbow drop seems to be high damage. Slower so some parts might still require more planning.
Kunoichi: Really solid character overall, deserves being called the all round type / main character. Shurikens help lessen the range problem. Has a lot of combo routes and good damage + good mobility.
Kamaitachi: Didn't gain much compared to the other characters, making it more balanced. New enemy patterns make range increase less relevant. New abilities are quite specific. Still fast at moving and attacking but his kit doesn't feel as versatile. (havent played him enough yet)

Yaksha: grapple/tick throw character like Kunoichi but taken further. Slow walk speed so uses enemies and attacks for movement a bit like kunoichi forward grab. Has some crazy combo routes and uses unusual moves for damage. Very short range on ground normals, again incetivizing either being really close to enemies or in the air, moving with evade.

Raiden: More momentum based than ninja and less combos. Movement and attacks are slow so require planning. Looks like a monster if you keep things in control and manage meter well. But can melt quickly as attacks that would knock others down can hit you rapidly. Easy to lose meter from getting hit as grabs consume it. But making use of that meter is massively rewarded, especially if you get the hang of transform mode. I believe he doesn't have more health unless hyper armor is active for said hit. The last boss fight can take 'things going out of control' to an extreme. Probably the hardest character to play at first since you need to plan ahead and his moveset is pretty weird. This is a neat character design, I can't think of anything that plays like it
BIL

Post by BIL »

Zaarock wrote:The juggle/combo system seems to have changed things a lot. They really put some thought into attacks use for combo potential. You can get extended combos from things you'd never imagine (kunoichi down grab!?)
I was loving that stuff in your Kunoichi 1CC - reminded me of Double Dragon Advance's classy juggles. Not outright crazy Guardian Heroes-esque spam, just graceful, painful parting shots.
Spoiler
I was playing the hell out of SFC Kunoichi earlier this year, trying to really hone my run, but got snowed under before I could record something. I'm planning to jump straight into the remake with her, now I've got some free time.

On a purely stylistic note, the Oni Mask enemy's new frames are rad. Just about every character is looking sharp but I particularly like their aggressive new stance. edit: and they can snipe now too! Holy cow, they were already my most annoying SFC enemy type. :O

edit2: Also the st4 chopper looks rad as fuck, both the vehicle design and the rotor wash relentlessly beating down on the scene. Image
Last edited by BIL on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

This is a good game.
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Looks like imma have to wait till the 30th.

Too lazy to bother setting up a JPSN account and I'm out of town from the 3rd through the 27th.

Gives me something to look forward to when I get home.
My lord, I have come for you.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I ordered the Asia version as soon as I found out the US digital version wasn't coming until August 30th.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

BrianC wrote:I ordered the Asia version as soon as I found out the US digital version wasn't coming until August 30th.
Not that it matters in your purchase, but the JPN version is all in English as well. At the end, it has Japanese subtitles underneath the English text, for the ending.
Very very import friendly. I just didn't like the name change, so I went with the JPN version. I'm anal about stuff like that.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

There is no physical release in Japan though.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Strider77 wrote:There is no physical release in Japan though.

Will there never be?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

There is no word on such a thing so far. Weird world these days.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
KAI

Post by KAI »

This game looks sick, I love how they improved every single aspect from vanilla again, juggling seems to be really fun, at least with yaksha and kamaitachi.
Hope a steam port is announced soon, and I also hope their next game is a remake of endless duel or something original.
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

evil_ash_xero wrote:

Will there never be?
Unlikely. There wasn't one for the Wild Guns update either despite physical in the West.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

BIL wrote:Approved Image Image Image
Good to see you around, BiL.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Bar81 wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:

Will there never be?
Unlikely. There wasn't one for the Wild Guns update either despite physical in the West.
That is REALLY weird, for some reason. lol
I guess I'll just pre-order the US version. I was going to go with the SLG version, but I prefer the normal cover art.
Last edited by evil_ash_xero on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

evil_ash_xero wrote:Good to see you around, BiL.
Haha, thanks. :smile:

I went ahead and got the Asian Switch version for now - surprised there's no JP physical release planned, oh well! Fingers crossed there won't be any regional mishaps this time around, at least the Katana girls are all present and correct across the board. :mrgreen:
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

BIL wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:Good to see you around, BiL.
Haha, thanks. :smile:

I went ahead and got the Asian Switch version for now - surprised there's no JP physical release planned, oh well! Fingers crossed there won't be any regional mishaps this time around, at least the Katana girls are all present and correct across the board. :mrgreen:
I got into this game WAY later, than when it came out. But I saw that foolishness on HG101. Although they would probably approve of such censorship now.
I love that this has it's own "blood patch". And it's a big ole splash too. :twisted:
BIL

Post by BIL »

Yeah, Kamaitachi in particular is a real bloodbath. :o

Just waiting on it to show up now, admiring Zaarock's 1CC replays and the final trailer. The graphics were the least of my concerns pre-release, but now the buzz is good and I really take 'em in, god damn does this look good.

CHAINSAW BULL is, more than ever, looking deserving of his own damn game. Make it play like a hybrid of TNWA, Splatterhouse and The Firemen. Image
Spoiler

CRUSHHH Image oh hai ladies
Spoiler

Raiden is the "playable boss" character in scale terms, but I think Yaksha looks even wilder with the wicked tentacles of ripping doom & XTREEM mobility. Suddenly, DEAD BODIES EVERYWHERE. Dig the biblically ruined BG and contrastingly gorgeous OutRunesque skyline. Image
Spoiler

Dem Moves Image
Spoiler

WEASELY TRICKS Image
Spoiler
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

BIL wrote:Just waiting on it to show up now, admiring Zaarock's 1CC replays and the final trailer. The graphics were the least of my concerns pre-release, but now the buzz is good and I really take 'em in, god damn does this look good.
Ah you're probably mixing me up with iconoclast, I only have a hard 1CC of Raiden up.
BIL wrote:Raiden is the "playable boss" character in scale terms, but I think Yaksha looks even wilder with the wicked tentacles of ripping doom & XTREEM mobility. Suddenly, DEAD BODIES EVERYWHERE. Dig the biblically ruined BG and contrastingly gorgeous OutRunesque skyline. Image
Spoiler
I've been messing around with Yaksha and Kunoichi a lot the past few days. Wasn't sold on some of the formers special moves (namely special movement). But never mind. Used correctly they are all good, even for time attack.

There's some pretty fun time attack competition going on. The game is well balanced so characters tend to use their full kits in runs (at least for now). Ninja is by far the most popular character on the boards and everyone else is working hard to keep them away from the top :lol:
Also raiden cleaning up stage 1. Ninja and Raiden are seem the most straight forward to play for 1CC and time in a way. But the others may have more potential in the end.