SD: Blazing Star SPECIAL Event Item

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
MNK

SD: Blazing Star SPECIAL Event Item

Post by MNK »

I haven't been able to find any solid info on why/how this special Event item (aka 'rate up' angel) appears, and after playing around with the game this is what I came up with..

Pick up an angel, any color, and hold your fire (not a single shot or break can be fired) until it times out and disappears. .

Next time an angel shows up it will be bigger and with a kanji written on it. If you pick this up, enemies will turn into powerup items when shot.

Since each powerup is only worth 300 points its hard to see any reason why you would wanna do this. It feels more like a joke or eastern egg to me, but If anyone have more info or maybe even uses it to get higher scores pls let me know.
raiden

Post by raiden »

One reason I can imagine this would be useful for is getting further in the game through stronger weapons. The weapon level goes up to 255, but it´s possible to play until the final boss and still staying below 140. Enemies become pretty hard to destroy in later stages, and a higher weapon level would probably make it easier. Of course, it means losing some serious score, but there has to be a tradeoff.
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

Hope Kiken dosen't beat me to this while I'm posting....

Do not pick up any angel items. Avoid. Once one leaves the screen, the next one to appear will change color. If you let that one leave the screen, the next one will have a different color! You can do this 9 times.

The colors will increase in this order(I think)

yellow
orange
Brownish
red
Pink
Fuchsia
Light blue
blue
Green
rainbow (I think this one also has a Kanji on it).

When you pick it up, any enemy destroyed while it's in effect will give you more points, similar to the other score multiplyer. I don't know the exact multiplications, but I believe the rainbow gives x128.
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?
MNK

Post by MNK »

raiden: That's a very good point, use the special event item if your going for the 1CC and dont care about getting the highest score.

Darkcomet72: Thanks man. My intention was to only cover the 'special' event item in this thread but I will edit my post to include the normal ones too.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

The purpose of this item is to rank the game up enough by collecting powerup icons so the game throws more destructable shots at you as to allow you to score more gems.
jpj-

Post by jpj- »

it's called a Yumechan (as it is the yumekobo logo symbol).

two are needed at the beginning for optimum scoring.