Raiden II

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
trap15

Re: Raiden II

Post by trap15 »

Incredible work, good to see you finally finish this.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
seraph

Post by seraph »

Thank you for the compliments! I will keep trying to improve my skills. :)
KoopaTGR

Post by KoopaTGR »

Nice!

Do you use the toothpaste laser a lot or does vulcan + auto work better in most situations?
Hope the replay gets uploaded as a video; I'm having trouble finding the version of MAME you used.
seraph

Post by seraph »

I plan to upload a video sometime, but you can find mameuifx v0.168 here. Personally, I use the vulcan gun as my main weapon and I use the freeze pop laser or the toothpaste laser as the situation demands. On stage 7 I default to the toothpaste laser due to the thick space debris. I use nuclear missiles for extra power on the first two stages and homing missiles after that.

edit: Video uploaded.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Arcade Board( normal difficulty, us set 1)
maximo-594,790-1-3-1p-on-mameuifx 0.168

Losing all lives at stage 3 ( and having nothing for the boss) sure is a great way to start this off! This definitely looks like a long term project.......
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Arcade (regular board) - Normal
Jaimers - 4,676,370 - 2-4 - 1P - Yes - MAME Plus 0.167 inp

Got super lucky since I got a full power item from a death, making it actually possible to recover.
Not sure if I want to keep playing this. Deaths are usually from stupid bullshit and 1-1 and 1-2 get really boring really fast.
Nguyen Vinh Loc

Post by Nguyen Vinh Loc »

PC Major
Vinh Loc - 4454740 - 2-4 - 1P - Yes - PC
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWgQD_qTW1g
I'm the only Vietnamese to 1cc this
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Congrats Lộc on the clear! I posted your intro below. :)
Nguyen Vinh Loc wrote:Thanks to your suggestions, I would introduce myself. I am Lộc from Vietnam, you can call me Loc. I am interested in shmups like Raiden (all series), Hishozame, Fire Shark,... anything like that except Cave games.
Nguyen Vinh Loc

Post by Nguyen Vinh Loc »

Tks Dave_K, i would have some questions still asking you :
- Which versions of Raiden 2 is better ? Arcade or Playstation?
- Should i go for Colonel ? Or getting to another game? Because i sucked at Colonel and if it's another game, base on my intro, what game will be next
To let you know one more thing, i am only 19 years old
Dave_K. wrote:Congrats Lộc on the clear! I posted your intro below. :)
Nguyen Vinh Loc wrote:Thanks to your suggestions, I would introduce myself. I am Lộc from Vietnam, you can call me Loc. I am interested in shmups like Raiden (all series), Hishozame, Fire Shark,... anything like that except Cave games.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

The arcade and port versions are different games, kinda. The port version is less miserable as a game, but it's still Raiden II and it's still pretty miserable.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
angina

Post by angina »

It is a Hi-score of my internet friend.

VERSION -ARC,HARD
大丈夫~萌大奶- 2179590(or 3179590[add bonus]) - all(1-8) - 1P -autofire- no miss ,MAME,

We can watch Replay at a play station(the link at photo)

http://ranking.gotvg.com/Index/game/game/817.html
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Arcade ( Regular board, US Set 1) - Normal
maximo - 4,067,150 - 2-4 - 1P - Yes - ARCADE 0.239 Replay

Spent some time earlier this year getting a basic clear, and then came back to this recently and retooled some of my routes for additional score.
This game is a lot of fun when fully powered up, but it can get frustrating to lose a credit via a stage 5-7 death, and then not getting the weapon items/ random P item needed for that section, and get stuck in reset hell on the first few stages.

One neat tidbit ( that trap15 mentioned on a discord server) is that you can apparently play on slightly lower rank if you play out 3 credits & then start a 4th credit ( which apparently also works the same in DX). The recent ACA ports also had a twitter thread where TZW-ART mentioned that in Raiden 1, you can get the lowest starting rank by starting a credit on the 1st stage 7 demo after booting the machine.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Congrats, updated.

Oh no, we really got attract demo rank nonsense. Well, maybe it'll help. Wonder if it still works in the PS/PC version.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Even with attract demo rank game still ain't free, I only noticed that in stage 3 bullets are slightly slower and those fast jets in st4 won't fire from behind if you let them pass. Rest are the same.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Yeah, it sounds more like the devs wanted to put something like 2P side in the first game. I will totally allow it by the way.
NMS

Post by NMS »

Arcade (Regular board, JP) - Normal
NMS - 3,554,600 - 2-4 - 1P - Yes - ARCADE 0.238

Replay
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

At this point I'm just jealous of the people who have the willpower to handle these fucking games. Congrats!
Nguyen VinhLOC

Post by Nguyen VinhLOC »

Came here after 5 years hiatus during Covid season, i am currently redeemed myself since the old video is lost :(((( Will probably update the score soon

P/s: getting the MAME version to work on the new Mame4droid 2024 was my pride, willing to increase the difficulty and trying to 1cc Mame version