Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Sumez

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Sumez »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:When I am looking to buy something unless it's a really common search term I never select a category to search in, because I know I'll miss some listings.
Man that really sucks when you are searching for something with a name that could be a lot of non-video game things. I always select the Video Game category in this situation.
I'm not sure I understand why you wouldn't pick that category when selling a video game?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Buying an expensive game for full price.

The very next day it goes on sale for 60% off.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Sumez wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:When I am looking to buy something unless it's a really common search term I never select a category to search in, because I know I'll miss some listings.
Man that really sucks when you are searching for something with a name that could be a lot of non-video game things. I always select the Video Game category in this situation.
I'm not sure I understand why you wouldn't pick that category when selling a video game?
I think the main reason is what I brought up, getting around category restrictions.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

That's really vague though :P
Steamflogger Boss

People that want gifted paypal only for a multi hundred dollar forum transaction.

Steamflogger Boss

Sumez wrote:That's really vague though :P
People will do w/e they think will help an item sell.

SPEAKING OF WHICH: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shadow-of-Dest ... SwuIVculwA
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

Putting up stuff for sale on ebay and receiving a deluge of questions from some clueless newcomer to the RGB gaming hobby and having to explain him the basics twice and still suspecting he didn't undestand shit. Worse, having to actually conclude the sale with him, who now also appears to not know how to use paypal and - let's be honest - doesn't actually need your item at all because he's clearly a 14yo kid who's trying to look cool and alternative and is now also asking for your phone number to send even more stupid messages at a faster pace. :roll:
Marc

Post by Marc »

The delay on the Switch Ages games coming out over here. Seriously, where's my Virtua Racing? I'd but the JPN version, but after conversion and sites adding on their bit it works out at nearly double price. Still reasonable for a port of this quality, but recent events have left me watching the pennies unfortunately.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
ryu

Post by ryu »

Marc wrote:The delay on the Switch Ages games coming out over here. Seriously, where's my Virtua Racing? I'd but the JPN version, but after conversion and sites adding on their bit it works out at nearly double price. Still reasonable for a port of this quality, but recent events have left me watching the pennies unfortunately.
You can access the japanese store any time by changing the region setting of your Nintendo account.

What's worse is that they haven't announced any physical collection release for these yet.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Xer Xian wrote:Putting up stuff for sale on ebay and receiving a deluge of questions from some clueless newcomer to the RGB gaming hobby and having to explain him the basics twice and still suspecting he didn't undestand shit. Worse, having to actually conclude the sale with him, who now also appears to not know how to use paypal and - let's be honest - doesn't actually need your item at all because he's clearly a 14yo kid who's trying to look cool and alternative and is now also asking for your phone number to send even more stupid messages at a faster pace. :roll:
i think you can just ban someone from buying stuff from you. that's generally what i do immediately if i get shitty questions because it's more than likely going to be even worse after a sale
Steamflogger Boss

vol.2 wrote:
Xer Xian wrote:Putting up stuff for sale on ebay and receiving a deluge of questions from some clueless newcomer to the RGB gaming hobby and having to explain him the basics twice and still suspecting he didn't undestand shit. Worse, having to actually conclude the sale with him, who now also appears to not know how to use paypal and - let's be honest - doesn't actually need your item at all because he's clearly a 14yo kid who's trying to look cool and alternative and is now also asking for your phone number to send even more stupid messages at a faster pace. :roll:
i think you can just ban someone from buying stuff from you. that's generally what i do immediately if i get shitty questions because it's more than likely going to be even worse after a sale
You can, but eBay makes it kinda hard to navigate to. I have the page bookmarked for that reason. Just google block ebay bidder to get right to the page if you can't find it.

eBay is a huge site with so many users I do it at just about the drop of a hat. Too many people to deal with problematic and/or crazy buyers.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

People asking for additional pictures of an item for sale on Facebook, when the most important angles have been shown (Front, back of a PS4 system), or when there's not much else to see (a iron skillet).
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Touch controls on appliances. Samsung is really, really fucking bad about this. They've got some of the worst UI design I've seen for a physical object.
These aren't touch screens either, they're just touch-sensitive labels instead of nice, tactile buttons.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Steamflogger Boss

Agree with the above.

Got one I just remembered about recently... People who blast music in their vehicle on their shitty speakers they think are good. Have fun going deaf. I even once had someone flip me off for doing nothing but roll up my window as they drove by blasting rap. :roll:
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:I even once had someone flip me off for doing nothing but roll up my window as they drove by blasting rap. :roll:
How dare you roll up your window as someone blares the musical equivalent of nails on a blackboard.
Steamflogger Boss

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:I even once had someone flip me off for doing nothing but roll up my window as they drove by blasting rap. :roll:
How dare you roll up your window as someone blares the musical equivalent of nails on a blackboard.
Honestly any music as loud as it was and I would have done it. The crazy part is I didn't say anything, I didn't shoot them a nasty look, I literally just rolled up the windows to hear less of it.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

eBay trying suggest prices to me. I don't need help figuring out what my gear is worth.

If they want to save some bandwidth, maybe eBay should pull down the hundreds of worthless old (480i out) scan converters listed on the site for hundreds and thousands of euros/dollars.

Nobody is ever going to buy any of that useless shit.
We apologise for the inconvenience
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

Walking through a crosswalk with the traffic, but some jerk decides to drive around me. Yeah, can't wait that couple of seconds to get that red light? Been happening more and more to me this year. Though the worst was going through a crosswalk years ago. Two cars turning to go down the same street, while I had the light in my favor. Didn't stop them from nearly running me over though. One step in either direction and I'd have had a hospital visit for sure.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Agree with the above.

Got one I just remembered about recently... People who blast music in their vehicle on their shitty speakers they think are good. Have fun going deaf. I even once had someone flip me off for doing nothing but roll up my window as they drove by blasting rap. :roll:
I still dunno how they can even sit in the car with how loud their shit gets. I've stepped out of the car with music playing to see how loud mine is, you usually can't really hear it once you step out.
and then you hear somebody absolutely BLASTING bass that you can feel and you're nearly three cars away from the guy and you're not even sure if that guy has ears anymore :lol:
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

All the pcbs listed on ebay for 2 to 5 times their going rate from hoarder/resellers in Japan. Search "Cave pcb" or "Raizing pcb" for maximum annoyance.
system11

Post by system11 »

RARE! Unemulated! Not In MAME! So I want 900 euros for this cartridge actually worth 50!
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I forgot region locking was a thing.

Ordered Strange Journey Redux from US as it was a lot cheaper.
No work.

:(
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I bought my 3DS when I was in the US for this reason, as almost every DS game I had at the moment was North American anyway, and a ton of them weren't even released in Europe. I figured importing from the US would continue to be cheaper, but right about then the outlet I'd imported through closed down, and 3DS games in general don't drop in price as fast over there as they do here in Europe. On top of that, pretty much every single physical release in NA also came out here.

Also both customs and shipping prices have gotten a lot harsher since then, so all in all it sucks that I'm stuck with a US 3DS.
Fortunately there's a region free softmod somewhere out there, that I might look into at some point.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Yeah this guide suggests it's easy enough, will grow some balls and try it when i have the time.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

It irks me if a PC game doesn't pause when you press the Pause key.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Everytime I let my son play Fortnite there's a 3 hour update he has to wait for. You have to wait if you play the paid version too, right?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

People that talk like this:

“With the digitization of the games industry, there’s so many more players in the digital ecosystem,” says Brenda Panagrossi, Ubisoft vice president of platform and product management. “We really do listen to player feedback, and we really want this to be an option for players. Whether this is how they want to engage with us or through the regular standard editions or premium editions, we’ll wait and see.”

Well... My team focused synergies experience a deficit of engagement momentum capital when the communication feedback dialogue ecosystem uses language that doesn't connect with my values.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Blinge wrote:Yeah this guide suggests it's easy enough, will grow some balls and try it when i have the time.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/
More long winded than I thought it would be but the mod was successful.
Can now play Strange Journey Redux!
Steamflogger Boss

Using this site on my phone, lol.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Using this site on my phone, lol.
Using this site on my desktop. The default font size for most websites is too large for me, so I reduced it in my browsers config. Works well for modern websites, but the default size here is already smaller so my config change makes the text here ant sized.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.