So I Ripped KetsuiPachi Pretty Hard

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SchoBoogie

So I Ripped KetsuiPachi Pretty Hard

Post by SchoBoogie »

....for me at least. 760,594,278,815- #62 on the leaderboards. Used to love Dodonpachi Resurrection but never really understood the scoring. Told myself I'd post here if I went Top 100. Made a bunch of dumb mistakes. Have more in me but not sure how far I'm willing to take it. Not sure if anyone is still playing this.
There is no spoon.
mrmccormo

Re: So I Ripped KetsuiPachi Pretty Hard

Post by mrmccormo »

I have the PS3 and PS4 versions of Ketsui. Which arrange or version is "Ketsuipachi"?

Any tips for how to score well? I haven't played with any of the modes outside of vanilla Ketsui, trap15's Ketsui arrange, and Deathtiny.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Ketsuipachi is an arrange mode on Dodonpachi DaiFukkatsu. IIRC Black Label Arrange 1.51? All the cave names are irritating and confusing.

Basically it's Ketsui ships in DFK with Zatsuza as a new TLB.

Congrats on the run, SchoBoogie! Did you save the replay?
mrmccormo

Post by mrmccormo »

EmperorIng wrote:Ketsuipachi is an arrange mode on Dodonpachi DaiFukkatsu. IIRC Black Label Arrange 1.51? All the cave names are irritating and confusing.

Thank you for the clarification.
SchoBoogie

Post by SchoBoogie »

EmperorIng wrote:Ketsuipachi is an arrange mode on Dodonpachi DaiFukkatsu. IIRC Black Label Arrange 1.51? All the cave names are irritating and confusing.

The score is on the Xbox 360 leaderboards but the game is region locked. I'm not sure how to record replays and a lot of the stuff is in Japanese. I took a picture of the high score screen on my phone but I don't even know how to post that. Lol. Sorry.
There is no spoon.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

It's Black Label Arrange mode, yeah, minus the 1.51. 1.51 is a separate, different, (non-Black Label?) mode.

There's also two non-black-label (so uh, 1.5?) arrange modes, A which is DFKDOJ sorta, and L which is some weird thing that I'm still not sure of. There are novice modes for 1.5 and Black Label.

The steam port has all 8 of these modes, I just haven't played it much.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Black Label has one of the best achievement names on the 360: "FULL LOCK IS BOMB" :)
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

That's great man, congrats! I've been thinking about playing DFK Black Label in the future, I had fun with it last time I dabbled.
SchoBoogie

Post by SchoBoogie »

Cleared it(got to the big yellow boss). 810,625,897,637. #55 on the leaderboards. There are things I like and things that annoy me about this game. Either way, I'm done with this.
There is no spoon.