Gleylancer Reprint

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bar81

Re: Gleylancer Reprint

Post by Bar81 »

plasticxo wrote:And as an official product (even though not licensed by SEGA, how could that be anyway, on a no longer supported hardware of their catalogue...), it cannot be compared to opportunistic bootleggers items you can find on the net. $40 for a repro, you must be kidding... Who could be satisfied to buy that and add it to its "collection" ??? Unless you build a bootleg collection... (do some people do that ???). There is no craftsmanship in those, not like a PCB or a toy... Just LAME photocopy work.
You keep telling yourself that. Craftsmanship? Come on, it's a plastic case and cart with some printed paper and a sticker.

This is a repro - anything produced 20 years after a system exits production is going to be.

Not quite clear why anyone other than a super completionist would waste their money on this.
plasticxo

Post by plasticxo »

Bar81 wrote:You keep telling yourself that.
What are you referring to ???
Bar81 wrote: You keep telling yourself that. Craftsmanship? Come on, it's a plastic case and cart with some printed paper and a sticker.
I don't know... new art for a start ?
Bar81 wrote:Not quite clear why anyone other than a super completionist would waste their money on this.
Someone who does not have the original game. This is a new official version of the original game.
Not a copy.
But two worlds collide in this kind of conversation, and cannot understand each others.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Bar81 wrote:Not quite clear why anyone other than a super completionist would waste their money on this.
For a game that hasn't been legally available in a long time, this is a licensed product that gives some people a legitimate way to play a game again. Especially for those who live in countries that have far stricter guidelines regarding copyright law, it's important to have options like this. If you don't see the point, fine. No need to rain on everyone else's parade.
Last edited by FRO on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plasticxo

Post by plasticxo »

FRO wrote:
Bar81 wrote:
plasticxo wrote:Not quite clear why anyone other than a super completionist would waste their money on this.
For a game that hasn't been legally available in a long time, this is a licensed product that gives some people a legitimate way to play a game again. Especially for those who live in countries that have far stricter guidelines regarding copyright law, it's important to have options like this. If you don't see the point, fine. No need to rain on everyone else's parade.
Please use the quotations right, as I've never said that myself :wink:
I'm just saying the opposite of that actually :lol:
FRO

Post by FRO »

Not sure what happened, but the quote tags were out of order. Fixed.
xxx128

Post by xxx128 »

Is this game still available anywhere on the net?
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

xxx128 wrote:Is this game still available anywhere on the net?
Where I bought it from has sold out. But I did check for you.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I see...
xxx128

Post by xxx128 »

Thanks, anyway!
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Looks like I won't be getting this after all and PA oversold or were sent lower stock than promised on this.
Dear Customer,

Good day! We are writing about the item Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer.

We regret to inform you that the item is no longer available from our supplier. We
were given a limited number of supplies which has been given to the first ones to
place the order. We really hope you would understand as the item is a rare one.
We’d like to assure you that we did our very best to look for other potential
suppliers. Unfortunately, no other supplier could provide the item to us.

If you have another item in mind, kindly provide us the link of the product and we'll
be glad to modify the order.

If the payment was already settled for your order and you prefer a refund, please
advise where to process the refund. You have an option to have it back to your
account or as wallet funds that you can use for your future purchases. We look
forward to your response.

We’re hoping for your kind understanding about this matter. Thank you for your
trust in Playasia.

Best Regards,

Playasia Team
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

pablumatic wrote:Looks like I won't be getting this after all and PA oversold or were sent lower stock than promised on this.
Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that the item is no longer available from our supplier. We
were given a limited number of supplies which has been given to the first ones to

If you have another item in mind, kindly provide us the link of the product and we'll

If the payment was already settled for your order and you prefer a refund, please

trust in Playasia.

Best Regards,

Playasia Team
Odd. The PA site says they expect more in stock on June 20th.
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

pablumatic wrote:Looks like I won't be getting this after all and PA oversold or were sent lower stock than promised on this.
Dear Customer,

trust in Playasia.

Best Regards,

Playasia Team
I got the same message :(
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

The thing that bothers me with this repro is this disclaimer from the play-asia page:

- Operation with genuine Mega Drive may not work normally.
- Operation with other Mega Drive compatible system is not guaranteed and sound quality may be different from genuine MD.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

They did the same to me after charging me like 5 days ago. Which pisses me off. You knew when you charged me if you had enough or not.
schnuth

Post by schnuth »

Johnpv wrote:They did the same to me after charging me like 5 days ago. Which pisses me off. You knew when you charged me if you had enough or not.
Same thing happened to me too. Ah well.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

BrianC wrote:The thing that bothers me with this repro is this disclaimer from the play-asia page:
As I had already mentioned in the thread, lots of horror stories about repros out there. There is NO guarantee any such cart will be properly manufactured. Buyer beware.
plasticxo

Post by plasticxo »

I did not get it either.
Here is the answer from PA about the availability on June 20th :
We regret to inform you that we won't
receive more stock of Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer. :( The 'Expected to
ship: Jun 20, 2019' means that the limited stock will arrive on June 20. We
assure you that we tried our best to source it out, unfortunately, no one
can provide it to us. Hoping for your kind understanding.
It's not clear in their answer if anyone will get it from them.

Maybe some of us here did not get rejected ?
parodius

Post by parodius »

Same here, got my order cancelled.
Oh well, I guess I'll be buying the original further down the road.
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

I got the same message and you know what... I'm actually happier this way. A krikzz product, a Sega Mini with M2 Darius, or an FPGA Analogue Mega all sound like a better way to spend my cash. :)
X - P - B
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I did buy that Retro-bit data east collection with the translated Magical Drop 2 (the patch is complete, but currently unavailable to download due to a licensing agreement). I'll probably use it more on the Super NT since it was said repros should be safe on it. It does work on the regular SNES, though. I like that it came with some cool pins too.

I too found other means of playing GleyLancer on real and FPGA hardware. I love that cheesy voice. "Stick to it and believe in your power!". There's also a nice dual language fan translation (with English and the original JP text) available.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

I got the same message. Like Turrican, I actually don‘t mind all that much. I played through the game back when it was released on Wii VC and found it good but not great. As nice as it would have been to own a physical copy, I preordered mainly to show there‘s a market for re-releases like that and to encourage similar ones in the future (hopefully including Eliminate Down or the Battle Manias).
Reluctant Hero

Post by Reluctant Hero »

Did anyone order a copy through Nin-nin-game and have their order ship yet? I know mine hasn't...
davidwhangchoi

Post by davidwhangchoi »

hey guys,
got these guys last night.

one of the shops came with a nice pre-order bonus: case cover for Western owners.

i was the first to post about pre-orders play asia on ERA genesis thread when it first went live on their site and my order still got canned from there.
thankfully, i didn't trust them and order backups from Japan using a proxy service.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Nice. I really like that western cover bonus.

I wound up paying a bit more and got it on release day from amazon.co.jp from a shop that would deliver to the USA.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

What shop offered a Western Cover and do they offer the cover for sale separately?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

A bit off topic, and I’m not sure I posted this before. But is anyone here reminded of the movie Iron Eagle when seeing the plot for this game, which also involved a teenage pilot trying to rescue his father?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

There is no craftsmanship in those, not like a PCB or a toy... Just LAME photocopy work.
One of the more stupid rants I've seen on here in some time. It was as if I was in one of those dumb "Limited Run Games" Facebook fan pages for a hot second. What do you think they used to make this (lame) cover? Magic?

It's just photocopying/scanning for the manual (that they couldn't even manage to get aligned or printed straight) along with some lame ass waifu art shoe horned (photoshopped) into the original cover art (complete with cum tears in the corner of the eyes). Thankfully the cover is reversible.

I've seen VASTLY better work on some custom repros than this. Then there is the lame ass transparent cart case and crappy non beveled pin connector. This reeks of low craftsmanship as much as anything else and in some cases quite below others out there. Some people flip out over the morality of those "PC Engine Works" repros but they are significantly higher quality than this. Granted those are disc based and not cart but the printed materials are on point and don't have added waifu's (with cum tears).

If you pick up this because you don't have the original fine, I did the same with King of Demons. But I was also aware that was just a glorified repro and didn't go on a rant trying to convince myself it was anything more than that (along with acknowledging the mediocre print quality).

Then trying to pat this thing on the back because it might be more "limited" in its print run than the original is cringe worthy AF and reeks of desperation.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Noisepurge

Post by Noisepurge »

was also gutted that Play-asia cancelled my order. Shame that Columbus didn't just do an open pre-order and manufacture the amount of games needed. There clearly was a bigger demand :/
davidwhangchoi

Post by davidwhangchoi »

Strider77 wrote:
There is no craftsmanship in those, not like a PCB or a toy... Just LAME photocopy work.
One of the more stupid rants I've seen on here in some time. It was as if I was in one of those dumb "Limited Run Games" Facebook fan pages for a hot second. What do you think they used to make this (lame) cover? Magic?

It's just photocopying/scanning for the manual (that they couldn't even manage to get aligned or printed straight) along with some lame ass waifu art shoe horned (photoshopped) into the original cover art (complete with cum tears in the corner of the eyes). Thankfully the cover is reversible.

I've seen VASTLY better work on some custom repros than this. Then there is the lame ass transparent cart case and crappy non beveled pin connector. This reeks of low craftsmanship as much as anything else and in some cases quite below others out there. Some people flip out over the morality of those "PC Engine Works" repros but they are significantly higher quality than this. Granted those are disc based and not cart but the printed materials are on point and don't have added waifu's (with cum tears).

If you pick up this because you don't have the original fine, I did the same with King of Demons. But I was also aware that was just a glorified repro and didn't go on a rant trying to convince myself it was anything more than that (along with acknowledging the mediocre print quality).

Then trying to pat this thing on the back because it might be more "limited" in its print run than the original is cringe worthy AF and reeks of desperation.
sell me outzone pcb plz, i don't want a glorified repro. Toaplan forever!

back to this game, i never played Gleylancer, it's my first repro ever. my second one will be the M2 Battle garegga that i already own for saturn. i wanted to support m2 for future releases and brought the vinyl record one since i got a phono player.

Gleylancer looks very cool, i hope i'm not disappointed.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Strider77 wrote:

Tangent: LRG get away with murder. They blatantly publish the 'Engrish' localizations and make no effort to correct the mistakes, like with Caladrius US.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?