M2 Shottriggers Q & A from My Life in Gaming.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkCTB2eWRw
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
FinalBaton

Re: M2 Shottriggers Q & A from My Life in Gaming.

Post by FinalBaton »

Superb stuff, that and part 1. It was a real delight. Kudos to blackoak for a masterful, fluid and very "natural" translation work
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

More ShotTriggers to come, always nice to hear it!
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Xyga wrote:More ShotTriggers to come, always nice to hear it!
Esprade is confirmed with Batrider being the most mentioned title recently.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

I don't follow closely but afaik it's not like we had confirmation they were continuing the work beyond ESPrade yet (though we could have easily guessed but still...)
Batrider or even Bakraid would be a good thing, though I would prefer Ibara, but they really seem to have a thing for MC68000/Z80 material.

(and then Boogie Wings happens...)
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Special World

Post by Special World »

bless them. i dream of being at that level of love, dedication, and craft at the work I do.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

Enjoyed the shot trigger video a lot too. Would have been interesting to hear more about the Feveron, Daisakusen and Ketsui ports and all that, but it was expected that Garegga is getting a lot of the focus.

Not sure why a lot people are requesting Batrider and those Yagawa games that much, to me they seem a bit too similar to Garegga and each other in gameplay and that rank, suicide stuff is definitely not for everyone...

I personally would enjoy more ports of games which haven't been ported to consoles at all before or at least not for current and previous console generation (classics like DoDonpachi, Soukyugurentai). I especially would love to see some of the best Toaplan shooters ...
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

GFoyle wrote:Enjoyed the shot trigger video a lot too. Would have been interesting to hear more about the Feveron, Daisakusen and Ketsui ports and all that, but it was expected that Garegga is getting a lot of the focus.

Not sure why a lot people are requesting Batrider and those Yagawa games that much, to me they seem a bit too similar to Garegga and each other in gameplay and that rank, suicide stuff is definitely not for everyone...

I personally would enjoy more ports of games which haven't been ported to consoles at all before or at least not for current and previous console generation (classics like DoDonpachi, Soukyugurentai). I especially would love to see some of the best Toaplan shooters ...
It is pretty similar to Garegga, but that's exactly the reason why Batrider (and to a lesser extent, Bakraid) is so requested: it's never gotten a console port, ever.

Dangun Feveron and Esprade never had ports either, though, so they're still picking good titles.
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

Yeah, just after I wrote that I went to check that, it's indeed so that there hasn't been a port of those before. For some reason I assumed that those also had ports on Saturn as did Garegga.

Going to be interesting to see what is next after ESPrade. I hope they could pick up the pace and do 2 a year again... it just seems that they are so in demand to other ports, like all the Sega stuff that they can't.

edit: Ketsui was interesting choice as it had a very recent port on 360...
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

This is an awesome video. You can absolutely tell that the ShotTriggers ports are a passion project. This is me speculating, but I get the sense that they probably are losing money on these ports but M2 is allowing the team to continue because they are so passionate about it. I get the feeling the team is racing against the clock trying to get as many of these ports done as possible before the project is scrapped. It doesn't help that the mainstream gaming press completely ignores these games.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

When M2 can't be bothered to release them in some of the biggest markets like the UK, France and Brazil I'm not that surprised to be honest. They seem generally unaware of the market for them.

I'm still annoyed they've dropped the Xbox support, These games should be as widely available as possible, I'm gutted now I don't even have the option to purchase them.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

It's much more likely the market isn't there than that M2 are unaware of it. These guys know what they're doing and certainly need to make every bit of money they can.

The high degree of passion on this forum doesn't translate to tens of thousands of active purchasers - that's been clear for years.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Yeah, both documentaries are superb work! I kinda hope they help to find a western publisher...
It's pretty clear they'd rather not release their games on Steam which I find understandable. However the amount of hoops you have to jump through to get the dlc versions on a western non-US ps4 will keep the games away from anybody but the most hardcore. Only Nintendo did an even worse job by region coding their 3DS...yes, I'm thinking about Thunderforce 3 :cry: