Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC/Switch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
EmperorIng

Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC

Post by EmperorIng »

cj iwakura wrote:I just decided to buy the Steam version during the Golden Week Sale.

The localization work is amazing.
For real. The care put into this translation, especially all the goofy extras, is really commendable. I'm glad I can finally understand the antics in between the levels of the original mode.

I'd love to see the updated translation of the OVA. Missed the boat on that one. :oops:
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

cj iwakura wrote:I just decided to buy the Steam version during the Golden Week Sale.

EmperorIng wrote: For real. The care put into this translation, especially all the goofy extras, is really commendable. I'm glad I can finally understand the antics in between the levels of the original mode.
Thank you both for noticing.
Hats off to the translator (see the staff list) who did excellent work (he did the OVA too) and I'll take a little bow for all the Tatsujin-related bits and the menus.
The developers deserve heaps of praise for redrawing all the menu parts in a game which was never really built with localisation in mind.

Oh, and Tatsujin DLC coming soon to PSN; sorry for the wait.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

James_Degica wrote:

EmperorIng wrote: For real. The care put into this translation, especially all the goofy extras, is really commendable. I'm glad I can finally understand the antics in between the levels of the original mode.
Thank you both for noticing.
Hats off to the translator (see the staff list) who did excellent work (he did the OVA too) and I'll take a little bow for all the Tatsujin-related bits and the menus.
The developers deserve heaps of praise for redrawing all the menu parts in a game which was never really built with localisation in mind.

Is a Nintendo Switch port still coming?
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
seattlexc

Post by seattlexc »

James_Degica wrote:
Amazing news! Better late than never haha. Thanks for the update and all the great work you and your team do.
RIP Seattle SuperSonics - 1967–2008
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

seattlexc wrote:
James_Degica wrote:
Amazing news! Better late than never haha. Thanks for the update and all the great work you and your team do.
Yes! Great work! I have the Japanese version, so I've been playing with the Tatsujin ship already, and it's really well done!
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

While you're here, James, is there any word on the Limited Run release? If anyone's said anything since February I've missed it...
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

BulletMagnet wrote:While you're here, James, is there any word on the Limited Run release? If anyone's said anything since February I've missed it...
Yes, that has unfortunately been and gone, but I think we'll have a giveaway/competition at some point when we have some samples.
Sorry if you missed it.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Sorry, I worded that badly; I meant if there was any word on the ship date for those who did snag one.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

LRG has a "Production Updates" link under the "More" tab on their website.
Presently both the Standard and CE versions are listed as "Expected to ship by late May."
Looking forward to it!
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

So is there anyway to get an English language physical version of this game with all of the DLC now, or only the Japanese version?
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

I think Limited Run is the only physical with DLC on the disc

And you need to get the Limited Edition of the game

I could be wrong though
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

XtraSmiley wrote:So is there anyway to get an English language physical version of this game with all of the DLC now, or only the Japanese version?
I _think_ the Japanese version has some DLC on disc and the rest as a code.
The Gokuraku Box has the English localisation included though (maybe the standard 'Special' does too).
Shelcoof wrote:I think Limited Run is the only physical with DLC on the disc
And you need to get the Limited Edition of the game
I could be wrong though
The standard has all DLC but Tatsujin, the Limited has all the DLC.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

The Gokuraku Box version does not have the DLC on the disc. It came with a code for everything, including the Tatsujin ship.
Last edited by Jonpachi on Fri May 31, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Thanks guys, so The Gokuraku Box is the only way for me to get this, physical, with DLC now?
alterego

Post by alterego »

which version from play asia includes all dlc's? Does this https://www.play-asia.com/game-tengoku- ... empersonal include DLC?
alterego

Post by alterego »

which version from play asia include all DLC's? does this https://www.play-asia.com/game-tengoku- ... empersonal include them?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

XtraSmiley wrote:Thanks guys, so The Gokuraku Box is the only way for me to get this, physical, with DLC now?
Seems so.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Does the Physical Japanese version support the English Patch?
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Koa Zo wrote:LRG has a "Production Updates" link under the "More" tab on their website.
Presently both the Standard and CE versions are listed as "Expected to ship by late May."
Looking forward to it!
Thanks for cluing me in to that; as one might've expected Cruisin Mix is now listed as "early June".
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

Jonpachi wrote:The Gokuraku Box version does not have the DLC on the disc. It came with a code for everything, including the Tatsujin ship.
Thanks for the info!
Tokyo-J wrote:Does the Physical Japanese version support the English Patch?
Patches, like games, have regions, so you can only DL/apply a patch to the correct region.
The Japanese CruisinMix Special has English out of the box so no need for a patch, but the previous release (CruisinMix) doesn't and I'm not sure it can be patched to English either.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

James_Degica wrote: The Japanese CruisinMix Special has English out of the box so no need for a patch, but the previous release (CruisinMix) doesn't and I'm not sure it can be patched to English either.
I have both JP releases and the first I believe only supports Japanese. Its been a while since I fired both copies up though.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

James_Degica wrote:
Jonpachi wrote:The Gokuraku Box version does not have the DLC on the disc. It came with a code for everything, including the Tatsujin ship.
Thanks for the info!
Tokyo-J wrote:Does the Physical Japanese version support the English Patch?
Patches, like games, have regions, so you can only DL/apply a patch to the correct region.
The Japanese CruisinMix Special has English out of the box so no need for a patch, but the previous release (CruisinMix) doesn't and I'm not sure it can be patched to English either.
Thank you for the clarification. I did not know there were 2 Japanese versions. I just went ahead and bought the English USA LRG Version.

Thanks again
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

BulletMagnet wrote:
Koa Zo wrote:LRG has a "Production Updates" link under the "More" tab on their website.
Looking forward to it!
Thanks for cluing me in to that; as one might've expected Cruisin Mix is now listed as "early June".
Standard edition "shipping now."
CE "shipping soon!"
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I've put a good amount of time on this re-release now, and my frustration continues to build in the way the modes are arranged. The Saturn Arrange mode is the only way to play the extra stages, which imho are some of the best in the game (Dragon Quest!), yet you can only play with the new characters/ships in the new mode which does NOT support TATE. I'm pretty confused by this. No matter what I play, there's a feeling of "missing out" and/or "not playing the real game" if that makes any sense.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

The extra stages were designed entirely for the saturn and a 4:3 ratio. I'd assume they'd have to remake the stages from scratch to have them in the 3:4 arcade TATE ratio.

Unless you mean something else? Can't you use the new characters in the Saturn arrange mode?
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Got mine a few weeks ago. Need to get around to opening it LOL.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

EmperorIng wrote:The extra stages were designed entirely for the saturn and a 4:3 ratio. I'd assume they'd have to remake the stages from scratch to have them in the 3:4 arcade TATE ratio.

Unless you mean something else? Can't you use the new characters in the Saturn arrange mode?
The new mode added for this release does not support TATE. Only the original Arcade version supports it sadly. And no, you cannot use the new characters (Tatsujin, etc) in the Saturn arrange mode.
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

Just to let you all know, Tatsujin is now out on PSN in the US and Europe and we have a sale on in the US to celebrate (EU will be coming a little latter, sorry!).

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/pro ... ZIKI000003
https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/pro ... ZIKI000003

There's also a giveaway going on via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/DegicaGames/status/ ... 15618?s=20
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

snagged this on sale. thanks for the heads up! I haven't gotten a chance to play yet but I really enjoyed the Saturn release back in the day so I'm expecting good things. I never would have guessed that anyone outside of Japan would have the balls to localize this as the Staurn version had a ton of content. Much respect to Degica for localizing this.
Neorebel

Post by Neorebel »

So I just got the Cruisin Mix Special version from play-asia. https://www.play-asia.com/game-tengoku- ... /13/70c9bp

It seems like the situation is that since this version does not have all the DLC on the disc, there is really no way to get it unless I either buy it with a Japanese PSN account, or re-buy the game and DL the Tatsujin DLC from the US PSN store, since DLC is region specific, right? :-/