From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Blinge

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Blinge »

BB probably does have the best DLC tbh, yeah.

the two DLCs for DS3 form a sort of duology that continue the lore and offer a canonical end to the series, I guess.
Ringed City feels like a love letter to the fans, similarly to how most of DS3 felt.
Or if we can't have nice things; fanservice.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Image
You inspired my latest PB
Spoiler
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Agree that The Old Hunters is the best DLC. None of the DLCs are really bad at all though.

@blinge: Love it!
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

About the BB DLC....we didn't even discuss the tons of awesome new weapons. That was a huge improvement. It made the game better.
Some of the new outfits, while still similar, were very welcome.
ryu

Post by ryu »

GJ Blinge. When can we expect you rocking GDQ?
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Hahah. Maybe I'd fit with my current autism levels.
Nah, I'll never be into speedrunning enough to play that hard and go for perfection all the time, it's like committing to score play in shmups, i can't keep at it.
Also I've never tried RedTearstone strats or skips/glitches.

The reasons I'm running atm is I have a personal rivalry going on.

We actually had another impromptu race last weekend (Sorry Necron it was late morning here and I forgot to tell you!).

Jiffy, the rival, didn't sit at the Blighttown bonnie/daughter of chaos so boned out and saved huge time there. I did for safety reasons, and had the arduous climb back up.
Nobody got BKHalberd, I suffered with reinforced club until I could commit GBH (giant blacksmith's hammer). Jiff had Gravelord sword.

I arrived at Anor as he killed O&S, I'm completely tilted at this point and die several times to them myself. I was about to quit then I remembered some binding of isaac race from a GDQ and how much of a cringe-inducing asshole the loser was, so i sucked it up and just kept playing. We both finished New Londo.
Jiffy hadn't beaten Ceaseless yet, I had. Warping to daughter of chaos meant i didn't have to make the second blighttown descent. So I ran past him as he was fighting it. He then realised he hadn't placed the lord vessel after beating 4K, and boned out, having not activated daughter of chaos, again. LOL

I tore through the rest of the game, getting Bed of chaos with the firebomb trick. Approached Gwyn with a ten minute lead. and died.
and died. and died. and died. and died.
Jiff was rushing to Gwyn while I entered the fight again, a broken man.
I was two-handing the hammer for ripostes but couldn't chug estus then pull the shield back out in time for Gwyn's attack after he got up, I had to choose one or the other. I was fucking up the timings anyway. This was the mother of all chokes.

In my last attempt Jiff got smacked into the void by a black knight outside, while spectator Fence yelled "Blinge just did 5 parries in a row!!"
I'd remembered how to get Gwynny in an AI loop, finally won.

Jiff then fucked the dog on gwyn himself so i ended up winning by minutes instead of seconds this time.
fuc this! no more races!!
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Blinge wrote: i think you get more joy out of criticising the games than playing them and I don't want to encourage more of that. :]
What the hell man?
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Hm, that wasn't intended as an insult.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

It definitely feels like it. I'm not sure what I've done to get so consistently on your bad side lately?
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I wouldn't consider the castlevania stuff my bad side. ask my exes, actually.. don't.
Am I wrong though? Going critical mode on these games and casting judgement from your one non-dlc playthrough seems to be a decent chunk of your enjoyment.

Also forgive me, gang, for dredging up the whole BB has weak bosses argument.. But surely you'd have to hold ds1 to account for that, as well?
Steamflogger Boss

Playing a mage in Dark Souls 2. It's kinda funny how the consensus seems to be if magic is usable in a From game it's overpowered. I certainly don't feel overpowered compared to my fighter or cleric/fighter type builds in the past.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Regular sorcery yeah? I started a playthrough like that before SUCCiro came out and haven't wanted to go back to it.
I switched the dark magic part way through to be an edgy boi.

I'm really bad at minmaxing though like i've put some points into END and ADP. I want my roll to work still. Taken a hit to my damage as a result. Magic definitely felt 'unusable' compared to previous iterations..
Steamflogger Boss

I'll just end up over leveling like always.

At this point I am loathe to put points into INT above 40 because glug.
Steamflogger Boss

I too have succumb to the DANK arts. Dark Orb is the truth I gotta say.

Dank mage of Dragleic here out for a wee stroll with my skull staff.

https://i.imgur.com/ln7Qg4j.jpg
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Bruh get the sunset staff and enchant it with dark!

Also, this happened I guess..
Steamflogger Boss

Have it and I've done that but right now my best damage with with regular spells again. Got the wisdom staff and upgraded it a couple times. Got the Lion Mage gear. GATLING GUN BOI.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Blinge wrote:Bruh get the sunset staff and enchant it with dark!

Also, this happened I guess..
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=588
No idea what that is, but it looks super addicting
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Steamflogger Boss

Eternal Ring. Blinge is crazy!
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha.. yeah maybe I am.

Especially with my fanboy (FromBoy)-ism sometimes which is why I was a bit of an asshole to Sumez.
I'm sorry, man.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

That almost makes me want to go back to Eternal Ring.
But I haven't cleared King's 4, so it would not make any sense.
Steamflogger Boss

Okay so the sale is probably over but I've been playing the DS2 DLCs and can offer some input for you Sumez.

Crown of the Old Iron King

Incredible. Quality From content. Brume Tower is a top tier Soulsborne area. It's massive and filled with a variety of enemies. Lots of switches, things to activate, secrets to find etc... I'm not quite done with it yet but I can't imagine the end changing my opinion of it. I'm guessing the next two areas are quite small because the Tower is so damn big.

Crown of the Ivory King

I could take it or leave it. The Frigid Outskirts are obnoxious af, so be prepared for that. I'm not a big summon guy, but it's not a bad idea here or at least maybe co-op it with a friend. Frozen Eleum Loyce is pretty decent, though the enemies do get really repetitive. A couple cool secrets to be had. The rest is pretty much just a boss fight and it's a pretty annoying one. I'd recommend finding all 4 of the knights to help you. Only one is kinda tricky to find. You need at least 3 to actually get to the boss, from what I understand. Also if you are going to farm Loyce Knight Souls learn from my mistake and do it before killing the boss. Just die to the boss on purpose and repeat. It's worth it I would imagine as you get to kill Charred Knights at a MUCH faster rate.

Crown of the Sunken King

I'm still really in the midst of this one but it seems pretty good. Shulva is wild. I somehow got through it only finding the first bonfire (out of like...4 or 5?) so I really need to go back and try to explore more. I'm not sure how the hell that happened as I very rarely miss bonfires. There are some nasty surprise enemies here. One that can mostly be avoided but requires just a couple methods to really kill and maybe you didn't build your character that way though the game does have respecing so I guess that's always on the table.

I'd recommend them all, but Ivory King the least, obviously.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote: Also if you are going to farm Loyce Knight Souls learn from my mistake and do it before killing the boss.
Y farm them tho

Also starting several DLCs without finishing one yet reeeeee :mrgreen:
Marc

Post by Marc »

Having finished Yakuza 0 again, I may go back to one of these. Thoroughly enjoyed the DLC for 1, not so much so for 2. Don't remember particulars other than there was at least one area / boss I found cheap and annoying rather than challenging. The DLC for Bloodborne always scared me as I already found the main game balls hard, and DSIII felt like a really good cover version that I had no real desire to play again once I'd beaten it, particularly as it felt to me like they'd nerfed turtle builds. Did they ever patch that, or is it still a case of 'play it more like BB'?
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote: Also if you are going to farm Loyce Knight Souls learn from my mistake and do it before killing the boss.
Y farm them tho

Also starting several DLCs without finishing one yet reeeeee :mrgreen:
Because you need 50 to finish that DLC if you want to do everything. I've wrapped up everything but that in that one though.

Oh and Blingey my boi don't tell me you've never got a bit frustrated with a sequence, and changed areas??! :wink:
Marc wrote:Having finished Yakuza 0 again, I may go back to one of these. Thoroughly enjoyed the DLC for 1, not so much so for 2. Don't remember particulars other than there was at least one area / boss I found cheap and annoying rather than challenging. The DLC for Bloodborne always scared me as I already found the main game balls hard, and DSIII felt like a really good cover version that I had no real desire to play again once I'd beaten it, particularly as it felt to me like they'd nerfed turtle builds. Did they ever patch that, or is it still a case of 'play it more like BB'?
The Old Hunters is the absolute best.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
Oh and Blingey my boi don't tell me you've never got a bit frustrated with a sequence, and changed areas??! :wink:
NEVER.. i ALWAYS PERSEV-

yeah okay.
Steamflogger Boss

Update: I finished Old Iron King in it's entirety now. I'm 99% done with Ivory King and was when I first posted. I'm honestly not sure I care enough to grind out 50 Loyce Knight souls for some lines of dialogue essentially. I'm getting there with Sunken King as well, taking on an optional boss fight in a what I believe complete optional area, then I will get back to the bottom of of where I was before. Probably 75% done with it, if I had to guess.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Did y'all know about some thing called King's Field III: Power Completist? Apparently, there was a collection sold together which includes a little "power completist" guide (you can find a few on eBay), and a clear plastic sleeve (which will have yellowed a bit due to age) wrapping around the main game case and the additional booklet. I think that's all there is to this "limited edition."

I've been putting off descending into King's Field / Shadow Tower madness because I'm trying to do it in RetroArch and get things set up to my liking - and hopefully to do a "blind play" of the games when I finally get to it.
Steamflogger Boss

The Scholar is kind of a bitch. I wasn't expecting to down it in one go especially after using some resources against Nashandra.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

What do you guys think of the Great Rune rumors?

It would explain a bit why Sekiro was so small.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Sekiro seemed around the same length as BloodBorne to me.
If that's small, well ok.

As for the rumours is there a shred of evidence?