I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
nesrulz

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by nesrulz »

My DDP DOJ Tamashii 1CC. Easy/B-Exy.

M.A.M.E. 0.206.

EDIT (video): viewtopic.php?p=1355238#p1355238
2a03

Post by 2a03 »

Battle Bakraid 1cc.
Thanks to @trap15 for motivating me a bit :wink:
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Just got my first couple clears in Darius Cosmic Collection (I'm rusty), with Darius Alpha and Darius Old Version. I actually hate Darius Old Version because of the avoiding powerup nonsense and Fatty Glutton, but wanted to do it to say I've cleared everything on the cart at least once. I did a lazy X route with some half-assed milking on the poor Octopus and took 4th place on the leaderboards, so not too bad I'd say.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

xposting again
mycophobia wrote:4-ALL. I think I'm done with this game now. No missed the first loop for the first time too.

TATSUJIN (arcade)
mycophobia - 6,002,490 - 819 - Yes - MAME v.0195

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWYdTP76fKE
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Just got my Darius II 1cc in ABDGKPZ'. The special point here being I didn't use increased autofire rates, only 10SPS. I've been trying to learn this in preparation for a 1cc on Natsuge Museum's original cab, which has only the standard slow autofire.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Marc

Post by Marc »

Cleared Gradius 3 (SNES). I know, I know, laugh away, but it’s been a hell of a while since I cleared anything shmup wise!
Was almost a one-life clear actually, damn the fast level and its jerky scrolling. Had a lucky escape on the Base bosses – didn’t step under the foot of the front one in time and killed it literally pixels before it would have squished me, but other than that pretty much sailing. Got massacred on the hard loop initially, but it wasn’t quite as bad as I’d feared, managed the 4th level once I’d found my groove but I’d been playing long enough by then and suicided the last couple of lives. Want the 1-life clear on normal then wondering which title is the next step up difficulty-wise, I’m guessing the original?
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

ACSeraph wrote:Just got my Darius II 1cc in ABDGKPZ'. The special point here being I didn't use increased autofire rates, only 10SPS. I've been trying to learn this in preparation for a 1cc on Natsuge Museum's original cab, which has only the standard slow autofire.
Wow, that's really impressive. I need max auto to speed-kill anything if I want to survive in Darius II. Congratulations on a tough clear!
Marc wrote:Cleared Gradius 3 (SNES). I know, I know, laugh away, but it’s been a hell of a while since I cleared anything shmup wise!
Was almost a one-life clear actually, damn the fast level and its jerky scrolling. Had a lucky escape on the Base bosses – didn’t step under the foot of the front one in time and killed it literally pixels before it would have squished me, but other than that pretty much sailing. Got massacred on the hard loop initially, but it wasn’t quite as bad as I’d feared, managed the 4th level once I’d found my groove but I’d been playing long enough by then and suicided the last couple of lives. Want the 1-life clear on normal then wondering which title is the next step up difficulty-wise, I’m guessing the original?
Likewise kudos, Gradius III is a great SNES conversion and still has some nice tough moments. If you want another Gradius game that might be a step up in difficulty, maybe try out Gradius II or IV? III is the last you should play, if you are 'working your way up.' I think it's pretty unfair to be honest, but some people can beat it. I tried for a concerted stretch of time and just got worn out.

Gradius II AC on the other hand is -mostly- fair, and has a nice difficulty curve to it. Gradius IV is modeled after II in a lot of ways, but harder (that damned bubble stage, my all-time least favorite Gradius stage).
FRO

Post by FRO »

Totally forgot to post my 1CC of Crimzon Clover: World Ignition on Novice/Original:

I happened to do this on stream as well, so ignore my goofy self, and here's the run just before I jumped in after a failed attempt:

https://youtu.be/7qhYWcSrHZw

Still working on a clear of Arcade mode, not sure if I'll make that by the end of the month.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Cheers dude, I've been playing a bit of II alongside, but finding it harder going. Currently getting slaughtered halfway through stage 4 at the same point every time :lol:
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'd recommend the two-way missile. It makes the game a lot more manageable, if you haven't tried! Stage 4 is the volcano stage, right? That's always a real tough test of option placement. Double is your friend there, and the back-shot lets you worry a bit less about enemies streaming in from behind.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Marc wrote:Want the 1-life clear on normal then wondering which title is the next step up difficulty-wise, I’m guessing the original?
Gradius 1 would work, but I also suggest Gradius Gaiden.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
davyK

Post by davyK »

Go me!

Darius Gaiden (4.5m) on shmupMAME rapid fire (at 52 I'm not going to risk my fingers). I did a better run than this with Saturn (5.9m) but that doesn't save scores.

Recorded the MAME run though which is a symphony of cack handedness..however it proves this game doesn't suffer from Gradius syndrome - you can recover from a life loss even late on in the game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0hKPcean0
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

here's me runnin' around in rezon. i did this one back in december, so it's not exactly my latest, but it's definitely one of my best shmup achievements so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XZV9rW971Q

as far as recent clears, apparently I cleared darius gaiden almost the same day davyk did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=677Ysp3kCAM
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

The month of April (and I guess March?) was good to me, since it finally saw me achieve a long-held goal in 1cc'ing ESPGaluda. And again. And again. And again.

I think this is the most I've ever cleared a single shmup, especially in so short a time. Each time I'm trying to get a better score. I currently jumped up to spot 12 at the leaderboards for Tateha, and I bet you I can take top 10 with more time and effort, coming down to basically execution and not messing up at Jakou at the end.

This was the result of months of practice - I mentioned in the 2019 goals thread that I had been trying to clear ESPGaluda before the end of 2018 but couldn't clinch it. I came back to it hard a few months ago and after serious savestate practice managed to piece together an OK run. I got greedy and wanted to record my exploits so I had to go about getting a clear again - this time with MAME's record AVI, which I think dangerously increased my blood pressure from all the fuck-ups and restarts. I did record new clears with better scores, but it wasn't until I reached out to BareKnuckleRoo to learn the game's scoring more that I sat down and redid my routes through the game (mostly - except for scrubbin' 5-1) to get a score, AND clear, AND capture the footage.

Now I got a pretty good run in time for Mark_MSX's shmup slam which I will fumble and commentate over, so I hope some folks can watch to inspire them to beat my meager achievements in this game!

My 2019 ballot has ESPGaluda neck-and-neck with DOJ as my favorite Cave game. Will all this extra practice cause the two to flip, or will I just go full on into trying to loop DOJ now? To quote Metal Black: And was this for real, or was I just dreaming? No one knows yet.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

If you enjoy Espgaluda 1 there's always the sequel you can check out, and also the doujin game Leiria: Stargazer which is a solid shmup that uses essentially Espgaluda's score system with some minor tweaks: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46860
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Thanks for bringing that doujin to my attention! I'd like to try ESPGaluda 2; I'd have to see if it is working in MAME later. General consensus is that it's easier for survival, harder for score.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

i got a no miss clear of r-type final on r-typer difficulty a couple weeks ago. i recall seeing a thread on here a few months back talking about how r-type final sucked, and I didn't really see anything wrong with it when I went through it. it's as hard as any other r-type game and just as methodical despite the few twelve second breaks for eye candy in some parts. Really, like, I'm kind of glad that those breaks are in the game so you have a moment to get your shit together. also stage five's boss is super fun and one of my favorite boss fights in the whole franchise, I think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AFmdt2Up8c
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Monolith, Hard Mode (Sudden Death) cleared: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/420868642
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

hien

Post by hien »

EmperorIng wrote:I'd like to try ESPGaluda 2; I'd have to see if it is working in MAME later. General consensus is that it's easier for survival, harder for score.
Is that true? I always thought that it was considered to be way harder than the first one, even if only going for the 1CC. Would be great if I was wrong there.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

If you are trying to score, posts around here seem to indicate that it is a very difficult game. However, survival gives you more than enough gems to tank patterns, at least some videos show.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

As far as I know Espgaluda II for a straight survival clear is the harder of the two. The Japanese STG Difficulty wiki ranks Espgaluda I as 16, Espgaluda II as 22. Have to agree with them, there's some much more demanding stages and patterns later on to deal with than in the first game, and the 1UP can be tricky to obtain by comparison to the first game.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Congratulations wgogh! Shiki 1 is not an easy clear, so that's a cool achievement.
Are you going to play again for higher scores, or maybe move on to other characters/other games in the series?
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

M.Knight wrote:Congratulations wgogh! Shiki 1 is not an easy clear, so that's a cool achievement.
Are you going to play again for higher scores, or maybe move on to other characters/other games in the series?
Thanks, man. Well, I just bought the PC version, so i guess I should play more of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My score could be higher, eventually, since it was kinda low because of my tension average being low. Matter of trying again for better execution, I guess. Also, for now, I am experimenting with other characters.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Marc wrote:Cleared Gradius 3 (SNES). I know, I know, laugh away, but it’s been a hell of a while since I cleared anything shmup wise!
Belated congrats! Are you truly ready to go beyond? If so, enter... if you dare.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

EmperorIng wrote:Thanks for bringing that doujin to my attention! I'd like to try ESPGaluda 2; I'd have to see if it is working in MAME later. General consensus is that it's easier for survival, harder for score.
Espgaluda 1 an easier 1CC than a DDP 1-ALL and Espgaluda 2 is harder than a DOJ 1-ALL.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Vanguard wrote:
EmperorIng wrote:Thanks for bringing that doujin to my attention! I'd like to try ESPGaluda 2; I'd have to see if it is working in MAME later. General consensus is that it's easier for survival, harder for score.
Espgaluda 1 an easier 1CC than a DDP 1-ALL and Espgaluda 2 is harder than a DOJ 1-ALL.
I think DDP is easier to 1-ALL than Espgaluda, mainly because of Jakou. You can kind of just spam bombs all day with C-Shot and still clear loop 1 of DDP, whereas ESP 1 asks for a bit more resource management.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
CyberAngel

Post by CyberAngel »

Got my first arcade 1cc, Mushihimesama Original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgSR5ohgK60
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Congrats on getting your first 1 CC!
My lord, I have come for you.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

CyberAngel wrote:Got my first arcade 1cc, Mushihimesama Original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgSR5ohgK60
Great to watch! Going off your topic it's not surprising to see you using the halfway between S and W modes. I could feel the desperation set in at the last boss :wink: Glad you managed to pull through.