Has anyone tried BrainZyme® probiotic health supplement

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Mills

Has anyone tried BrainZyme® probiotic health supplement

Post by Mills »

Supposedly to help with focus and concentration?

Apparently difference versions (original, Elite, Pro) to help with your mood or focus.

I just randomly Google search it and scrolled through a number of reviews
el_rika

Re: Has anyone tried BrainZyme® probiotic health supplement

Post by el_rika »

As a certified fitness trainer i strongly recommend a healthy and active lifestyle, with constant aerobic & anaerobic workouts, healthy nutrition, enough deep sleep and as stress free as you can manage to be, over absolutely any such suplements.

Sorry for being that guy but this ^ will truly make a difference in you life.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Mills, did you turn into a spambot? I almost did my usual spammer deletion routine before I noticed it was you.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Mills

Post by Mills »

Ghegs, when did you become a pri*k slating Bot. If you already knew, yet still responded just to get noticed.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

What? You posted a thread with a spam-sounding title that would get a new member deleted right off the bat, I was about to delete the thread before I realized it was you. So I guess your account hasn't been taken over by a spammer then, judging by your usually jovial disposition.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm reminded of those advertisements for brain pills on late night news that make a big deal about how they're derived from jellyfish.

Because if there's one part of the animal kingdom I associate with ferocious intelligence, it's jellyfish.

I'm with el_rika on this one. Also this.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Mills

Post by Mills »

Ghegs wrote:What? You posted a thread with a spam-sounding title that would get a new member deleted right off the bat, I was about to delete the thread before I realized it was you. So I guess your account hasn't been taken over by a spammer then, judging by your usually jovial disposition.
There are Administrators here on this forum to take care of that sh*t in case you haven't noticed. Constructive criticism wouldn't go a miss instead jumping on the slating bandwagon
Deadliar

Post by Deadliar »

It's the topic, honestly.

Most sane people tend to know that products like this are bullshit.

Well, the probiotic part might not be bullshit, but that won't help you focus better, lol.

If you'd have asked about something else you would've probably gotten a very different response.
Play for fun and win when you can.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Mills wrote: There are Administrators here on this forum to take care of that sh*t in case you haven't noticed. Constructive criticism wouldn't go a miss instead jumping on the slating bandwagon
Wow. I thought the exact same thing until I saw your post history. It's also pretty clear that Ghegs is an administrator here. :|

I'm seconding the original reply here. Being a bit older now, and having tried my share of gimmicky shit: it's pretty clear to me that most modern individuals neglect proper nutrition and rest. Getting yourself truly healthy in a natural sense will make the type of noticeable difference you're looking for. Whatever supplements may add beyond that.. questionable, and only you can say if the $$$ involved are worth it.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

It's a scam. There are countless new stories like these of people touting miracle pills that claim to do all sorts of things wholly unsupported by any evidence: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... ys-n704886

Anything you put in your body orally will be broken down and metabolized by the process of digestion. There are no magical molecules that magically enhance brain function and somehow cross the blood/brain barrier without detrimentally affecting your health because if such a thing existed it would have spread like wildfire already. There's plenty more "health supplements" (i.e. bullshit scams) that make similar claims: https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRe ... _pills.pdf
drauch

Post by drauch »

Anyone tried ScrubZyme® for getting better at shmups? I saw there were a few versions, 1LC, 1CC, 2-ALL, but not sure. I also don't get enough sleep or exercise and eat like crap and don't want to practice, but hoping there is something out there to help.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

drauch wrote:Anyone tried ScrubZyme® for getting better at shmups? I saw there were a few versions, 1LC, 1CC, 2-ALL, but not sure. I also don't get enough sleep or exercise and eat like crap and don't want to practice, but hoping there is something out there to help.
Then your in luck! I tried these BrainZyme® and man my IQ went up to 200, so I am now supersmart, and I can decode and learn the shmup patterns just by looking at it for 0.003 seconds. I know that sounds humanly impossible but with these amazing pills "BrainZyme®" you will become super human like Rick from Rick and Morty, man with this pills that show is even more complex and you will be smarter then all the other people online! Sideeffects are not so bad just: Some weight gain, dry mouth and delusions.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

z0mbie90 wrote:man with this pills that show is even more complex and you will be smarter then all the other people online!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm reminded of Roe Jogan trying to sell that alpha-brain shit. Saying it even increases visual acuity.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
JBC

Post by JBC »

I actually tried Joe Rogan's Alpha Brain stuff out of curiosity. I can't really say for certain whether it worked or not but I managed to learn the Hiragana and some rudimentary Japanese while I was taking it. I took it for about 3 months and came up inconclusive. It's probably snake oil, but can at least give you magical confidence in your learning ability if you choose to believe it's working :lol:
Godzilla was an inside job
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Talk with a real doctor, not your weight trainer, not random people on the Internet. Somebody who knows a fair amount about digestive health AND knows your medical history will best be able to weigh in on whether you should try them. Probiotics are strains of bacteria - which ones is dependent on which ones the seller had handy and wanted to include. They may be good, or they may not be. They are best used in conjunction with a prebiotic-rich diet (basically, fiber).

An easy-to-read synopsis of what's known here:
https://nccih.nih.gov/health/probiotics ... uction.htm

My thoughts: Probiotics are best linked to improving gut health - but even there, they are not a universal recommendation because they can make sick people sicker, and don't do anything for others (or give them gas).

There is some reasonable speculation that gut health may be linked to brain health (rather, the speculation is about HOW they are linked), but we are pretty far from having a "miracle cure." The discussion is mainly about links between digestive function, gut health, and mood - although links between brain function and mood are also a popular research topic these days. It's all very tenuously linked together at best, though. Miracle cures almost certainly won't be coming from probiotics, especially not any currently marketed strain that has been used in fermentation for thousands of years. Gardening, getting sunlight, and placebo pills also can help your mood, of course. If you're looking to improve brain function specifically, there are other things worth pursuing, and also things worth cutting out of your life like stress and refined sugars.

If you want to dip your toe in probiotics, I would suggest just taking a look at a good brand of probiotic yogurt, or other fermented food like sauerkraut. Some off-the-shelf probiotic supplements might be fine...or they might be full of dangerous stuff because it's all unregulated (at least in the US; I don't know about what you find on shelves in the UK).

It's very easy to go off the rails with the hype and anti-hype. A good example is the kombucha craze; nobody's ever definitively tied The Stuff to sepsis deaths, but it's also not been proven to be safe or beneficial.
kitten

Post by kitten »

Ed Oscuro wrote:If you want to dip your toe in probiotics, I would suggest just taking a look at a good brand of probiotic yogurt, or other fermented food like sauerkraut. Some off-the-shelf probiotic supplements might be fine...or they might be full of dangerous stuff because it's all unregulated (at least in the US; I don't know about what you find on shelves in the UK).
i've had good results with probiotic supplements in terms of dealing with my IBS. seems to help - or, at the very least, is a decently cheap placebo. before you go and grab a probiotic yogurt, make sure you do your research, though! a lot of the popular brands just copyright a strain or two (something that should be obscenely criminal, but i'll save the spiel on the evil of US copyright laws for now), while some of the less popular brands actually have numerous active cultures that are considered more beneficial.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~