From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sumez

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Sumez »

Is that even possible? If I recall correctly, NG+ starts after the MP fight.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

See what he's about, Ie: Don't kill it.
So I raced DS1 with two friends on saturday. All screen sharing on discord, with a fourth guy watching all and laughing at us.
The shit talk was real for the entire race. No glitches, no save+quit.

I won by seconds, at 2hrs 48. Pretty bad!
'Fence' was way behind us after getting black knight halberd but falling off at Sen's and anor londo rafters about 10 times each, screaming autism into the mic.

'Jiffy' went for BKS but fucked up on the gargoyles many times at the beginning.

I didn't get the BK Halberd drop but my strategy was to grab Uchigatana as insurance and run that for the whole game, but that meant I had to make a detour to depths via Capra to grab the large ember.

I lost a lot of time on Bed of Chaos. By the time Gwyn was half dead, Jiffy had caught up and was fighting him. I was choking hard with dodge strats so decided to just believe in the parry at the end, which is what allowed me to finish him off fast enough to win.
My celebration was to yell 'fuck you!'
I felt only relief, not joy.

Edit: There may be a rematch soon.
I think this time I'll go for the BKS and BKH, and remember to use humanity this time for the drop rate! >_<
If not I'll go with reinforced club until Anor, upon which i'll get the giant blacksmith's hammer and try to have/ buy all the twinklies needed to upgrade it.
I'd need a weaponsmith box though, to upgrade it before O&S, as the smith will be dead.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Blinge wrote:Edit: There may be a rematch soon.
I want in on this.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Guys, I started Kuon last night.

Stop the presses!
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Hahaha nice!

incoming internet bux.

I have this on disc somewhere, i'll get on it someday!

As for the race. I think you'll trounce us, but it'd likely be mid afternoon GMT on a weekend.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Kuon is nuts. It's my favorite horror game on the PS2. I'm not a Silent Hill fan, I recently tried again. Haunting Ground is another good one. But anyway it's pretty much my favorite non-AC pre-Souls From game lol.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

I'm curious about Kuon, but have no idea what the gameplay is like

As for old FS stuff, Tenchu and Another Century's Episode are the series I never got into. ACE plays very diferently from Armored Core, and I don't see people talking much about it.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Blinge wrote:As for the race. I think you'll trounce us, but it'd likely be mid afternoon GMT on a weekend.
Dang, that would be like 5:00 AM for me so I'm having second thoughts, but you never know! Add me on Discord! JumpLust#7053

Also, it's true I've played a lot of Dark Souls, but your sub 3 hour time is pretty daunting. I've never really done much speed play or anything. I honestly don't know if I could beat that time. Certainly not with any kind of ease, and certainly not with Sekiro muscle memory. :)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Completely forgot that I bought Kuon a couple of years back. I should get on it too.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Good lord, the shinobi in the past rematch..
Faced it for the first time just now in NG+

Amazing! Once again, feels absolutely impossible, my usual bullshit exploiting of his dash-in no longer works it seems.
A lot of the bosses on NG+ for me are losing most of their HP before I can posture break them, if at all.

Fortunately it wasn't like that in his second phase once I finally beat him.
I love the bosses that seem to mix some soulsborne dodging with the Sekiro blocks/deflects/jump combat.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Humm. Eternal Ring:

Does anyone know where I can find/farm light and dark gems. low and high level.
Steamflogger Boss

Started up Armored Core 2 and am now a few missions in. These fucking fighter planes.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Necronopticous wrote:Also, it's true I've played a lot of Dark Souls, but your sub 3 hour time is pretty daunting. I've never really done much speed play or anything. I honestly don't know if I could beat that time. Certainly not with any kind of ease, and certainly not with Sekiro muscle memory. :)
My sneaky practice plays have yielded this final time.

I think i'm done with solo speed plays for now!
Steamflogger Boss

Those character names tho.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

There's more where that came from babeyy.

Steamflogger Boss

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

As impressive as this is. The amount of times i've seen "Sekiro is a rhythm game hurrr" on the internuts means this is now meme territory. urgh.
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:As impressive as this is. The amount of times i've seen "Sekiro is a rhythm game hurrr" on the internuts means this is now meme territory. urgh.
Definitely a meme.

Also here is a rage quit vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMZARawoASE

From Soft really brings the rage out of people lol.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Wowww. Some of these people are fucking pathetic!
and they're getting revenue from streaming?
Fuck this worl', mane.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Korean girl @ 4:10 is the best.
Steamflogger Boss

There are definitely some streamers that are top 10% at the game they play but for the most part, it's not about that.

Here is the current WR speedrun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tefBRdvEX90

I'm all about Sekiro content right now lol.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Are the Shinobi tools in Sekirou really worth upgrading? So far I've been keeping them for specific situations (fire crackers against mini bosses that are weak to flame, shurikgen against dogs, axe against shield etc.) and it doesn't seem like upgrading them would make them better at their specific purposes.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Well define worth, if you have something you'd rather spend the sen on, then do that for sure.

mini bosses weak to flame are just that, they're weak to the flame attachment, not the firecracker.
Firecracker works on any animal type enemy, or lets you get free hits on nearly every enemy in the game tbh. It's very useful.
It's worth upgrading that one I guess, at least to long spark. I'm not a fan of the purple firecracker because even the quicker variant has a delay.

I'd say the multi-hit shuriken is cool, axe I don't like at all.
I'm don't like the spear, never armour stripped anything. Supposedly the huge sweep attack is good vs groups.
Defo upgrade the finger-whistle for later utility.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Basically I was wondering if some of those were required for exploratino and hitting weak points or getting extra hits against certain enemies/bosses. But it already looks like I underestimated the tools. Just got the follow-up slash skill and am already getting some use out of it fighting regular enemies.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Steamflogger Boss

I caught up to the end game of Bloodborne then went back to the dlc. Ludwig is still an asshole. I'll probably grind a bit and get to 50 strength.

As for stuff I've killed since last posting.

Add to list of assholes: Bloody Crow of Cainhurst seriously fuck this asshole. Felt good to take him down with a visceral attack.

Lil bitches: Mergo's Wet Nurse, Celestial Emissary, Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos. Yawn.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

If you think Ebrietas is yawn maybe you were overlevelled.
I dunno, jury's out on that fight, i think. Laserbeams killed me in one salvo.

But then I fought her as early possible. After completely missing Cainhurst..

Are we doing a dichotomy thing here? Either a boss is yawn or it's an asshole/too hard and requires grinding?
I don't think grinding is ever required.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Ebriatas was a dangerous fight for sure, with a lot of instant kills. But it's not terribly difficult, you get a lot of room to get a ton of hits in - it's just a question of knowing what to look out for.
The fight itself is not that memorable IMO, but I love the entire context surrounding it.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

While I agree with the movesets, i don't know what you mean by memorable.
What was a "terribly difficult" fight for you in BB? I assume this is non-DLC like usual?
What makes a memorable fight in a series/genre that you only ever play once and then drop?

This kinda rules out examples from the 2D stuff you're a fan of as you tend to replay them multiple times over a period of years, enough times for fights to become memorable.

Personally I struggled with any huge boss that filled the screen with umpteen limbs and fur etc, found it hard to read moves.
Steamflogger Boss

The boss only gets a yawn if I beat it on the first go. Anything that killed me is an asshole. :wink:

I have no idea on recommended levels. Overall I just didn't have any trouble with her. Bait out her head going down, smash it, get a v attack. I think my total level was around 65, fwiw.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Blinge wrote:While I agree with the movesets, i don't know what you mean by memorable.
What was a "terribly difficult" fight for you in BB? I assume this is non-DLC like usual?
What makes a memorable fight in a series/genre that you only ever play once and then drop?
I've said it before, and honestly think the bosses is one of Bloodborne's weakest points altogether.
I don't think there are any "terribly difficult" ones, but that's honestly fine to me - I don't run on tough-as-nails bosses. I'm pretty sure I've never played any other Souls game where I managed to take down as many bosses in the first try.

The said, I had a very difficult time with Gascoigne. But I think that was mostly due to me still being unfamiliar with the game at that point.