Psyvariar Delta

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
hamfighterx

Re: Psyvariar Delta

Post by hamfighterx »

2dvertical wrote:I guess I should not have said “never” , I meant from this point forward it does not look good.
Welp, PS5 news hit today with confirmation that the console will have discs and feature backwards compatibility with PS4. So there's that.
BulletMagnet wrote:I emailed Dispatch a few days ago asking if there was any news on the on-disc releases, and just heard back:
The Cybattler DLC will be via a code included in the box.
I figured it would be that way since they only included it as an apology for the delayed release, but in case anyone needed it confirmed, there it is.
So, I got tired of waiting and picked up the Japanese Switch retail release on a trip to Tokyo last week (sealed copy from a Bic Camera store)... and was surprised to see that it included a redemption code in the box for the same Cybattler Blanche character DLC.

This makes Dispatch sound even more lame, since they're positioning the DLC as an "apology" bonus that they would have charged for if not for the delay... but the Japanese retail release included the DLC for the game's base price! Ugh. I still have the US version on order from Best Buy for $24 with GCU discount (order placed a good 7 months ago), but I don't think there's any reason I should keep the reservation and at this point I'm not very interesting in supporting this garbage publisher anyway.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'm currently looking to see if I can cancel my pre-order (maybe through my bank since i ordered directly from the website?). It's pretty ridiculous at this stage. I'm glad the game is out on steam and in Japan but these guys have been nothing but incompetent.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

EmperorIng wrote:I'm currently looking to see if I can cancel my pre-order (maybe through my bank since i ordered directly from the website?). It's pretty ridiculous at this stage. I'm glad the game is out on steam and in Japan but these guys have been nothing but incompetent.
Second that. I stopped looking for it on psn and will probably just buy the steam version when the price drops. Disappointing.
Last edited by Necronom on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

evil_ash_xero wrote: On YouTube, playthroughs of the original are like 11 minutes or something. And the new one is 18.
Any explanation for that?
I am no Psyvariar expert but I think some of the later stages are only available if you reach a high enough level. It's thus possible that some of the playthroughs you've seen do not go through as many stages as theoretically possible in a single run.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

I was rooting for Dispatch games, but have to say I'm less than impressed.
I went ahead and ordered the Asian version they have/had listed on their website, because I was tired of waiting and I liked the artwork on that cover better than the others with odd looking children pilots on the cover.
I get the game and it's the children on the cover version - not the one pictured that I thought I was buying.

I also ordered a Clarice City Connection t-shirt just to show some support and to get a goofy tshirt. The print is the thickest iron-on I have ever felt, it is like plastic laminated on the front of my shirt. I didn't even know anyone made iron-on type shirts anymore. It looks plasticky and I'm sure it will wear-out and crack or shrink after a few washes and cycles in the dryer - but I'm not even going to wear it as it's uncomfortable with the plastic/rubber sheet across my chest.

I suspect that sales from their other couple releases were poor and they've gone broke. And shit, how many people were going to buy physical copies of Psyvariar Delta anyway? like a few 100, maybe?
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Totally slept on this. Going to have to pick up a copy.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

Well, I sent Dispatch two different emails asking for a refund, and I have yet to hear back from them with any type of response.
Arcatech

Post by Arcatech »

I wrote them an email to try and cancel my order as well. No reply yet. Has anybody gotten a reply from these guys? Starting to feel like they took the money and dipped out.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

We're about to hit the 1-year mark from my pre-order. I've basically written that money off at this point, and if I ever get the game it'll be a nice surprise.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

^Welcome !

Well I finally breached 100m in Revision. Doing this requires actual boss milking, but I have a route which leaves me with enough bombs left for Gluon.

Also for those who are interested to see a demonstration of the new Delta stages then don't forget to tune into the electric underground shmup slam stream on Saturday! I don't go as all out on the bosses but I think the stages themselves are given a good showcase.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

I'm actually surprised to say that Dispatch got back to me finally and they cancelled my order and gave me a refund. I kinda got impatient and started bombarding their FB and Twitter pages with complaints, so maybe that helped. Maybe I'll just go spend the refund on something I can play now, I guess.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Just posted on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/dispatchgames/ ... =3&theater

I'm Brian Schorr - the Founder of Dispatch Games.

Allow me to apologize and take full responsibility for the delays with Psyvariar Delta.

We have been working diligently behind the scenes to get everything completed and ship the game to you ASAP.
Obviously, we blew past our original dates considerably in the process.

This situation has involved a variety of issues and resulted in substantial process changes for us - but I won't use any of those as excuses. I know we let you down. I know the lack of information was not encouraging. I understand the concerns expressed.

The good news is -

We are addressing all of the issues so that they never occur again.

We aren't gone or disappearing as a company.

The game is coming. We are awaiting the final inbound shipping information before announcing a hard date again. We absolutely expect to make a hard announcement THIS month with details on shipping.

Anyone that ordered on our store WILL get the game shipped well before it ever sees a retail release. Store orders will also get the DLC pack for FREE as part of our apology for the delay.

Any shipping date you currently see online for retailers are currently placeholder and incorrect. We are working to address those issues.

Anyone that requested a refund will get one. Those are being reviewed and processed now. No one was, has been, or will be ripped off.

Trust is earned - and I will do everything in my power to earn yours back.

Brian Schorr
Dispatch Games
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
syveL

Post by syveL »

target.com has a July 9th release date
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

So I just got this email and looks like they posted the same on Dispatch Games' Twitter

Now to see if this date finally sticks
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Dispatch Games has partnered up for a Subsidiary of City Connection.

https://city-connection.co.jp/n190529.h ... RIG3t3zhQs

Today, City Connection announced the formation of a new subsidiary group - City Connection International. Under the new label of CCI, City Connection will release their games world-wide under their own branding in partnership with Dispatch Games. A new US-based office will be established in Orange County, California.

Taiki Homma will be appointed the President of US Operations of City Connection International. "City Connection is a fast-growing game developer that hopes to reach fans not only in Japan but across the globe" says CCI President, Taiki Homma. "With the extensive library of Jaleco and other classic IPs, we hope to capture the imagination of gamers across all generations."
Limited Editions of City Connection games will be sold exclusively on the Online Store, which will now be known as The City Dispatch Online Store. The City Dispatch Online Store will be expanding its selections to carry Limited Edition games and licensed goods from classic Jaleco IPs, among other classic licenses.
"Our partnership with Dispatch Games started 3 years ago and this was a logical evolution of our partnership" says City Connection CEO, Nobuhiro Yoshikawa. "We are currently working on a number of new titles. We look forward to making additional exciting announcements on the new products soon."

Visit the City Dispatch Online Store (http://readytodispatch.com) to check out our games and licensed products.

About City Connection

City Connection is a developer/publisher located in Tokyo Japan.
City Connection also owns the rights to over 300 Jaleco IPs. City specializes in developing games and creating soundtracks for both Jaleco and other classic gaming IPs.
Growth of the company through worldwide release of multiplatform products will help maximize the consumer recognition of City Connection.

About Dispatch Games

Based in California, Dispatch Games is a publisher focused on unique opportunities for developing and shipping products worldwide.
By using their extensive development, production and sales experience, Dispatch Games can efficiently expedite the process of bringing exciting products to the global market.
Learn more at http://www.dispatchgames.com Like Dispatch Games on Facebook and follow @DispatchGames on Twitter and Instagram.
Press Contact - Email: press@dispatchgames.com
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I hope this means the end of delayed shipments and radio silence. Still looking forward to my physical Psyvariar release, even if I've been playing on Steam for some time now. :P
bobasaurus

Post by bobasaurus »

Is this getting a US eShop release for the Switch, or only a boutique/limited physical? I want to play this game, but not for $40+.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

bobasaurus wrote:Is this getting a US eShop release for the Switch, or only a boutique/limited physical? I want to play this game, but not for $40+.
Chances are the Digital will be $30 the same price as the Physical.

https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... -exclusive

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/psyvariar- ... Id=6258932

https://www.target.com/p/psyvariar-delt ... A-53678501
bobasaurus

Post by bobasaurus »

Tokyo-J wrote: Chances are the Digital will be $30 the same price as the Physical.
You might be right. The steam version is $30 and never seems to go on sale. I think this is overpriced, but that's always the way with obscure shmups.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

bobasaurus wrote:
Tokyo-J wrote: Chances are the Digital will be $30 the same price as the Physical.
You might be right. The steam version is $30 and never seems to go on sale. I think this is overpriced, but that's always the way with obscure shmups.
Considering you are getting 2 games. It is a good price as is.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

EmperorIng wrote:Still looking forward to my physical Psyvariar release, even if I've been playing on Steam for some time now. :P
After my Amazon preorder got cancelled, I got the PS4 Asian release from P-A.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

bobasaurus wrote:Is this getting a US eShop release for the Switch, or only a boutique/limited physical? I want to play this game, but not for $40+.
Eshop Pre-purchase is up in coming soon. July 11th Release date $29.99
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

You can now buy it on eshop europe, 27€
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Hey, weren't they supposed to send out shipping emails, finally a year later, today? I haven't received any news. BIG SURPRISE. Holding out hope to add an "edit: nvm fixed it ;) " to this post, but come on. I want that Radirgy Swag in English but I still am distrustful.

edit: nvm fixed it ;)
Last edited by EmperorIng on Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

Supposedly they've started processing shipments and are sold out.

Also it's more or less "good luck" as to whether or not retail orders will be all right? :/
FRO

Post by FRO »

This is the latest from their Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 5912652800

Dispatch Games @DispatchGames
1h 1 hour ago
LAST CHANCE - there are less than 10 copies remaining for the Limited Edition of Psyvariar Delta on Nintendo Switch. Get your FREE Cybattler DLC with your order direct from http://readytodispatch.com

PS4 standard and LE also available!
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

LAST CHANCE - there are less than 10 copies remaining for the Limited Edition of Psyvariar Delta on Nintendo Switch. Get your FREE Cybattler DLC with your order direct from http://readytodispatch.com

Is there a standard edition for Switch? I can't find the Switch listings on their website.

edit: just answered my own question. looks like the standard edition is available at retail like Target and Best Buy
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

Koa Zo wrote:

Is there a standard edition for Switch? I can't find the Switch listings on their website.

edit: just answered my own question. looks like the standard edition is available at retail like Target and Best Buy
Regular edition had sold out this morning according to their twitter.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

They'd originally promised to ship orders made on their site two weeks early...as of a few moments ago my order there is still listed as "unfulfilled". Maybe they said something about this on their Twitter or some other place I don't follow, but I honestly doubt it. Much as I'd like to support at least some of the obscure stuff they publish they need to get their act together before I consider buying from them again.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

DejahThoris wrote:
Regular edition had sold out this morning according to their twitter.
The reliability of information from these business people is Zero.
How asinine could they be to have Target and Best Buy list their product for sale but then not fulfill that distribution?
I really dont know. Could they be that disfunctional?

As of now, I'm assuming their Twitter comment was just in reference to availability from their website only, as other retail sites still have it listed for order.