Console power bricks JP to EU

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
5pectre

Console power bricks JP to EU

Post by 5pectre »

Just want some confirmation before I blow up my new JP consoles and I can't seem to google my way to an answer.

I have a japanese Xbox 360 on the way and was wondering if I can just plug a EU power brick into it? In my mind I would suspect that the console needs the same voltage and amps in all regions?
Lawfer

Re: Console power bricks JP to EU

Post by Lawfer »

5pectre wrote:I have a japanese Xbox 360 on the way and was wondering if I can just plug a EU power brick into it?
Yes, HOWEVER be sure to get one that is suited for your Xbox 360 model, different Xbox 360 models use different AC Adapters.

You can also do the same for Wii, Wii U, PS One, GameCube.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

What Lawfer said: with newer revisions the output wattage on the PSUs dropped due to decreased power consumption. So check twice that your PSU is "old enough".

I'm using a fan-less old-style PSU (for the non-slim 360 models) plus a cable adapter to make them fit into a Slim console.
1up

Post by 1up »

Thanks for the clarification. It's the old model so will be Looking for an early model psu
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

1up wrote:Thanks for the clarification. It's the old model so will be Looking for an early model psu
Which one? Xenon? Falcon? Jasper? Because they are all using different AC Adapters.

Xenon AC Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PT18OS

Falcon AC Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FN1Z3I4

Jasper AC Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XECBTY
1up

Post by 1up »

I will know when it arrives. There wasn't a clear picture of the plug. All i know is that's it's the early white model. 20gb and no hdmi
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

1up wrote:I will know when it arrives. There wasn't a clear picture of the plug. All i know is that's it's the early white model. 20gb and no hdmi
I believe no HDMI makes it a Xenon model.
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

nmalinoski wrote:
1up wrote:I will know when it arrives. There wasn't a clear picture of the plug. All i know is that's it's the early white model. 20gb and no hdmi
I believe no HDMI makes it a Xenon model.
Yep, meaning he will need a 203W AC Adapter, otherwise it will not work.
5pectre

Post by 5pectre »

Recieved the console today and it is indeed a 203w PSU. Ordered a EU 203w PSU.
Can't wait to play this thing as I also got a handfull of japanese games for it.

I wonder what OS revision it has? Would be cool if it has the old old one as it's been a long while since I've seen that in action.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

the initial blades were freakin' awesome. So fast and easy to use. A shame where Microsoft went with their last 360 fw and the XBO one....