R-Type Final2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ciox

Re: R-Type Final 2

Post by ciox »

ryu wrote:some? The city stage scarred me for life :?
Let us never forget, and hope for a brighter future.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

People put a LOT of effort into April fools pranks nowadays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3TtRfeDrE0
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I know it's not May yet.
slateman

Post by slateman »

Everybody yesterday: R-Type Final really sucks.
Everybody today: OMFG I hope this is real.

:) I'm included, of course. However, I actually quite liked R-Type Final, if you trust all the work I put in on this 15 yrs ago!

http://slateman.net/rtype/rtypefinal/
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

https://twitter.com/rtypefinal2_gz/stat ... 4026660864

Confirmed to be real, looks like.

Now I can start wishing they release it on multiple systems and not just the PS4.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

wow!

PLAY STAY TUNED :)
Great website, man!

Will be awesome to check it out when I finally decide to tackle Final. :mrgreen:
Knightmare

Post by Knightmare »

Phew, really glad this is legit!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

slateman wrote:Everybody yesterday: R-Type Final really sucks.
Everybody today: OMFG I hope this is real.

:) I'm included, of course. However, I actually quite liked R-Type Final, if you trust all the work I put in on this 15 yrs ago!

I have consulted this site in my time with Final. In fact, I might come back to it again in order to 'prep' myself. There is even a scoreboard topic, people! Check it out.

I really, really hope they are savvy enough for a multi-plat release. There is just no good reason sales-wise, if they have to crowdfund, to put all their eggs into one publisher, especially one so mercurial like Sony.
Teufel_in_Blau

Re: R-Type Final2

Post by Teufel_in_Blau »

Great, I am glad it's not just some joke.

I just changed the thread title from "R-Type Final 2" to Final2, because it seems to be the real title of the game. It will make searching for it easier in the future.
GaijinPunch wrote:I don't have 40 minutes to do anything other than fist myself these days.
JBC

Post by JBC »

Looks great! This will look nice sitting in my folder next to Dariusburst, however, I hope for a Switch version.
Godzilla was an inside job
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

The fact that it is for ps4 and not switchildren makes me think it is an April Fool’s. ;)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Switchildren?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

My guess on Switchildren.

Those who spam "is this coming to Switch" and "I hope this gets a port on Switch" over and over.... where if they had taken a second to look they would have found those questions have already been spammed 50 or more times already.
Last edited by Strider77 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
MJR

Post by MJR »

Only *slightly* off-topic, I managed to make my original R-type PCB glitch yesterday. I did that by getting my ship destroyed at the exact same moment Bydo was destroyed. What happened was that when I was taken to the previous checkpoint, both the stage 8 music and end titles music were playing simultaneusly. And I always thought that the program on that PCB had no bugs :D
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

MJR wrote:Only *slightly* off-topic, I managed to make my original R-type PCB glitch yesterday. I did that by getting my ship destroyed at the exact same moment Bydo was destroyed. What happened was that when I was taken to the previous checkpoint, both the stage 8 music and end titles music were playing simultaneusly. And I always thought that the program on that PCB had no bugs :D
You can do something similar in R-Type II.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

Wow. This is not something I ever expected to happen -- and it's not something I hoped for, as I was happy to end the series with Final (which I love, whatever its flaws may be). But now that this seems to be happening, I'm excited about it. I think Granzella is the only team that could do justice to a new game in the series.

I never had a PS2 for a long time, but I finally got one to play just a few games -- R-Type Final being chief among those. I don't have a PS4 either, but I will definitely acquire one to play Final2.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

If they are going crowdfunding, it seems very unlikely other platforms won't happen.
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

Two soundtrack options would be great the original haunting and quite boring sound track and a newer more akin to rtype delta would be great.

No slowdown would be my biggest ask for game the stage 3 carrier boss was painfull.
Also lots of enemies firing shit at you would be great.
I love final i spent so much time unlocking ships it was great. Lets just hope they can tweak the formula so we have more enjoyable stages to shoot things in .

I also liked the multiple routes aswell . Great stuff
I am excite
Arms installation complete Good luck
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

That website honestly makes it sound more like an "enhanced remake" of RTF than an honest-to-goodness sequel/new series entry, but who knows if something got lost in translation there (or I'm just misinterpreting it). The crowdfunding angle makes me additionally nervous, but I guess one way or another we'll see how this turns out.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Here's hoping for a Steam release. As much as I'd like more R-Type, I'm not buying a new system to play it.

So, I guess it's Steam or bust.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

What guarantee will this get a physical copy once this game gets crowdfunded?
stryc9

Post by stryc9 »

On Granzella's site, they make mention that the format for delivery is digital. Although I guess they might just be playing it safe at this stage, I mean usually crowdfunded videogames seem to get a physical release and bevies of tiered extras to boot. So here's hoping, eh? ATM I'm just amazed this is a thing at all, so I'll take what I can get!

'Wave Cannon attacks by trans-dimensional fighters equipped with firepower equivalent of that of a battleship.
This game is thoroughly focused on expressions of how enemies are destroyed.
The feeling of exhilaration in the destructions is thoroughly pursued.'

Damn. If that little snippit of engrish doesn't arouse your tactical shooting member into a state of upright readiness, I don't know what will.

What's next, Konami finally putting things right with a Gradius VI announcement? Before the 1st of this month, I would have wagered that game materializing would have been a more realistic eventuallity.
Facebook is for handbag users.
XBox Live Name: Katbizkitz
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

I really do think people already forgot about the devs talking about Final2 months ago. This wasn't out of nowhere at all, and the only reason it was announced on AFD was because this was originally a very old AFD joke.

This is clearly a new game... nothing on the website suggests otherwise, but they repeatedly use "new game" language over and over again. There is some "new version" language, but most long-running series use that kind of language for newer games because long-running series are seen as iterative.

I'm just hoping for something a little less crazy than Final with regards to routes and ship choice. We're definitely getting all the ships, but hopefully they'll get rid of the mid-game switching thing.
slateman wrote::) I'm included, of course. However, I actually quite liked R-Type Final, if you trust all the work I put in on this 15 yrs ago!

Super important site, everyone click this.
Teufel_in_Blau wrote:I just changed the thread title from "R-Type Final 2" to Final2, because it seems to be the real title of the game. It will make searching for it easier in the future.
Thanks. I don't know why noone's noticed this.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Why must everything be digital? And will this be released sometime in the year? We're not even halfway done with 2019, so...
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

I'm just glad R-Type is back. Nice to finally have a proper new(?) game in the series for widescreen displays and on a home console in the works.

While I do hope a physical edition happens for the fundraising campaign I imagine a group like Strictly Limited Games, which is doing the physical release of R-Type Dimensions EX, will eventually get around to this one.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

xxx1993 wrote:Why must everything be digital?
Because producing physical copies is a waste of money and packaging materials. Unless you're offering to finance that yourself...
xxx1993 wrote:And will this be released sometime in the year? We're not even halfway done with 2019, so...
They haven't even started their crowdfunding campaign yet, games don't just materialize out of thin air you know.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

It's gonna start in May. I assume it'll be released sometime after May if funding is successful. And besides, an awesome game like Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours had the perfect opportunity to be physical because it's a long game. But it wasn't until Limited Run Games picked it up about two years after its official release. And Limited Run Games tend to be very rare.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I find it extremely likely that one of these two is gonna happen:

1. It will be a digital only release, and around a year someone like LRG, Play-Asia, etc. are gonna pick it up for a limited physical release.
2. A physical version will be available in the Kickstarter as a backer incentive.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

The guys were pretty smart, they used April 1st as pure fuel for the ad. :mrgreen:

Unexpected and pleasant news.

Let the "Gran Turismo of the shmups - Part 2" come...
plasticxo

Post by plasticxo »

xxx1993 wrote:It's gonna start in May. I assume it'll be released sometime after May if funding is successful. And besides, an awesome game like Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours had the perfect opportunity to be physical because it's a long game. But it wasn't until Limited Run Games picked it up about two years after its official release. And Limited Run Games tend to be very rare.
There was a physical release in Japan at launch for Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours.
LRG only released a localization with similar material.