Serious Sam: Tormental alpha is available for free on itchio

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
kurismakku

Serious Sam: Tormental alpha is available for free on itchio

Post by kurismakku »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you our newest game, Serious Sam: Tormental.

We just released early alpha version of the game for free on itch.io : https://croteam.itch.io/tormental

It's a 3D rogue-lite top-down shooter, set in the tormented mind of Mental, demigod of destruction, and inspired by some of our favorite games - Geometry Wars, Nuclear Throne, and Binding of Isaac.

If you like any of these titles, I would be so happy if you would try this out. New version will come out in Early Access in two weeks, we added tons of features and changed everything around, even some of the gameplay mechanics.
So it felt like it's worth it to share this version of the game because they are so different, yet this one is also fun in it's own way!

I hope you will enjoy it.

Few screenshots:

-Kris
clippa

Re: Serious Sam: Tormental alpha is available for free on it

Post by clippa »

Ooh, I've been waiting ages to try this out!
Will be interesting to see the differences between this and the early access version.
kurismakku

Post by kurismakku »

clippa wrote:Ooh, I've been waiting ages to try this out!
Will be interesting to see the differences between this and the early access version.
Hey! Happy to find someone here that was following us. :D

Yeah, there are many changes, we will be posting new blog post in few days that will explain it in details. I will also post it here. Cheers!
clippa

Post by clippa »

I really like how it encourages you to play aggressively, getting up close and personal and scooping up all the gems before they disappear rather than just playing it safe and kiting.
I love how you can't dash through bullets, that always feels like an unbalanced mechanic in modern twin stick shooters and you can't jump over the bigger enemies either.
I can see myself putting loads of time into this.

Have you since added an option to disable automatically switching to the latest special weapon you've picked up? I've blown myself up a few times when I haven't been paying attention.
kurismakku

Post by kurismakku »

Yeah, I really like the design when you need to fight for resources. Glad you like it too. :)

It's now possible to carry any number of weapons, and you can switch through them with the weapon wheel.

And here is the blog post I mentioned few days ago, it explains all the differences:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/640340 ... 5274139830

Looking forward to hear what you will think about the newest version!