gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
the Goat

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by the Goat »

superg wrote:I received most of the units today. There was some mishap with the SCART connectors, but that's the small amount. I'm starting to test the units, assemble the cases and shipping! By the time I do these, the rest will come. Shipping will be first come first served with a few exceptions (just to make things easier for me).
Oh happy day!
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
mathewbeall

Post by mathewbeall »

Awesome! Can't wait!
morfeo

Post by morfeo »

Fantastic news!
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

superg wrote:It's always a spike when I open the pre-orders. I got a lot of orders in the first 20 seconds.
Just gonna re-quote this here for all of us rabid fans to remember a bit of patience. Even if you ordered nearly immediately, you might not be in this first main delivery.
Mikeramos

Post by Mikeramos »

superg wrote:I received most of the units today. There was some mishap with the SCART connectors, but that's the small amount. I'm starting to test the units, assemble the cases and shipping! By the time I do these, the rest will come. Shipping will be first come first served with a few exceptions (just to make things easier for me).

I had already forgotten. :D I paid mine on November 19 of last year. I hope is coming in this lot.
superg

Post by superg »

It's very likely that I won't have enough units for all recent purchasers, Paypal inventory tracking is not good as they don't take into account refunds thus there is no easy way to know the exact amount other than calculating everything myself. My prediction is that orders made after February 15 will be fulfilled by the next batch which will be ordered right after I ship everything. I will announce when I reach the cap.
Please don't ask me about the specific order shipping details, I'm not going to answer.
Just wanted to clarify this.
magictoaster

Post by magictoaster »

How dare you process orders in the order they where received! :wink: But seriously, thanks for keeping us updated on the situation. I'll gladly wait for the next batch considering the quality of the product!
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

superg wrote:It's very likely that I won't have enough units for all recent purchasers, Paypal inventory tracking is not good as they don't take into account refunds thus there is no easy way to know the exact amount other than calculating everything myself. My prediction is that orders made after February 15 will be fulfilled by the next batch which will be ordered right after I ship everything. I will announce when I reach the cap.
Please don't ask me about the specific order shipping details, I'm not going to answer.
Great news, I was worried I wouldn't make it but since I ordered back in August I think I'll be fine. Thanks for the detailed update.
Taiyaki

Post by Taiyaki »

superg wrote:It's very likely that I won't have enough units for all recent purchasers, Paypal inventory tracking is not good as they don't take into account refunds thus there is no easy way to know the exact amount other than calculating everything myself. My prediction is that orders made after February 15 will be fulfilled by the next batch which will be ordered right after I ship everything. I will announce when I reach the cap.
Gosh I think I missed that deadline by about a week as I ordered late February. I'm going to assume next batch isn't going to be in March is it?
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Are there plans for the gscart switch to move away from pre-order status and be in stock for future orders?
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

fernan1234 wrote:Are there plans for the gscart switch to move away from pre-order status and be in stock for future orders?
Given the demand, it does make me wonder how well gscartsw and gcompsw could be if a company like stoneagegamer.com were to take on the burden of stocking these (if superg doesn't want to do that himself). I say this as a huge fan of this project and only wishing the best/success to anything/everything you develop in the future. Cheers!
superg

Post by superg »

fernan1234 wrote:Are there plans for the gscart switch to move away from pre-order status and be in stock for future orders?
I would love to do that but that requires spare funds which I don't have at the moment. The big delay was because of new version development rather than manufacturing.
Speedy wrote: Given the demand, it does make me wonder how well gscartsw and gcompsw could be if a company like stoneagegamer.com were to take on the burden of stocking these (if superg doesn't want to do that himself). I say this as a huge fan of this project and only wishing the best/success to anything/everything you develop in the future. Cheers!
Well, I would definitely consider if stoneagegamer steps in. I was contacted numerous times by the resellers but all they wanted to do was to resell the switches, e.g. I still do all the testing and assembling and they just sell, nobody wants to bother with anything else. For me the most time consuming thing is the switch assembly where every unit takes ~9 minutes to assemble. Shipping is easy comparing to that. Next thing is a proper enclosure. Two plexi panels are sexy and gives it a nice hobby look but I would like to have something of industrial grade and look of a finished product. There is a nice guy who almost finished gscartsw / gcompsw metal designs, I want to see how that goes.
Anyways I'm not even sure StoneAgeGamer knows about the existence of such nice switches ;)
Mufasa

Post by Mufasa »

Just got a shipping email from PayPal! Oh happy day! :D
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

We gotta hope the SAG folks pay attention. It'd be a shame if such a cool product does not become readily available.
Taiyaki

Post by Taiyaki »

Not sure what this means for those of us who don't make this batch, how often do you do new batches? At this moment I don't understand what this delay entails.
superg

Post by superg »

Taiyaki wrote:Not sure what this means for those of us who don't make this batch, how often do you do new batches? At this moment I don't understand what this delay entails.
Under normal circumstances it's 2 months between batches. I will know for sure once I will get closer to shipping everything I have.
superg

Post by superg »

Guys, no refunds for the year 2018 at this point. I am unable to issue a refund after 180 days as paypal doesn't allow that. Every switch order made in 2018 will be shipped.
StoneAgeGamer

Post by StoneAgeGamer »

superg wrote:Anyways I'm not even sure StoneAgeGamer knows about the existence of such nice switches ;)
We do now. I can't seem to PM on this board (probably because I am a new user) and have found no other contact information for you. You can PM on this message board, you can e-mail us at purchasing{at}stoneagegamer{dot}com, or if you use discord join our Discord (https://discord.gg/v4g82JH) and DM the Admin "Dark Falz". We can probably help you out significantly, especially with fulfillment and manufacturing. We do handle light manufacturing in-house for some of our products. We have a CNC machine, laser cutter, drill presses, etc. If this is something that interests you please contact us ASAP.

EDIT: Looks like PMs are working now that my post was approved. I sent a PM.
Taiyaki

Post by Taiyaki »

Wow that would be amazing if you guys can work out an agreement.
superg

Post by superg »

StoneAgeGamer wrote:
superg wrote:Anyways I'm not even sure StoneAgeGamer knows about the existence of such nice switches ;)
We do now. I can't seem to PM on this board (probably because I am a new user) and have found no other contact information for you. You can PM on this message board, you can e-mail us at purchasing{at}stoneagegamer{dot}com, or if you use discord join our Discord (https://discord.gg/v4g82JH) and DM the Admin "Dark Falz". We can probably help you out significantly, especially with fulfillment and manufacturing. We do handle light manufacturing in-house for some of our products. We have a CNC machine, laser cutter, drill presses, etc. If this is something that interests you please contact us ASAP.

EDIT: Looks like PMs are working now that my post was approved. I sent a PM.
Taiyaki wrote:Wow that would be amazing if you guys can work out an agreement.
We are discussing this currently, thanks goes to whoever contacted SAG ;)
Meanwhile I started shipping on Monday and much more units will be shipped soon (either Friday or next Monday). Half of the gscartsw units are already tested and case assembly is ongoing.
AlxUnderBase

Post by AlxUnderBase »

My GScartSw it's on the way too ! Thank you, G !

Ps:G, it's this a V5.2 unit?
marshalcarper

Post by marshalcarper »

I'm a bit confused. I ordered in Dec. and did not receive a shipping notification now that units are in. This is the first time I am hearing about a batch that comes later than March, and I have been watching this thread diligently.

What is the actual ETA for my order? I get that production takes time and all that. Would just like to have an idea of what to expect now that another batch is in the mix.
AlxUnderBase

Post by AlxUnderBase »

marshalcarper wrote:I'm a bit confused. I ordered in Dec. and did not receive a shipping notification now that units are in. This is the first time I am hearing about a batch that comes later than March, and I have been watching this thread diligently.

What is the actual ETA for my order? I get that production takes time and all that. Would just like to have an idea of what to expect now that another batch is in the mix.
superg wrote: Meanwhile I started shipping on Monday and much more units will be shipped soon (either Friday or next Monday). Half of the gscartsw units are already tested and case assembly is ongoing.
I order my unit in August 2018, in the first hour when the pre-order window was opened. Cheers :)
Taiyaki

Post by Taiyaki »

You mean the last order was prior to August? What happened to cause such a delay in between orders at that time?
superg

Post by superg »

Guys, calm down, I am shipping.
marshalcarper wrote:I'm a bit confused. I ordered in Dec. and did not receive a shipping notification now that units are in. This is the first time I am hearing about a batch that comes later than March, and I have been watching this thread diligently.

You haven't received shipping notification because your unit is not shipped yet. There is always a batch after a batch, the batch I was talking about is for the orders made after February 15 (2019 of course). With a rare exception it's first come first served.
Also this:
DirkSwizzler wrote:
superg wrote:It's always a spike when I open the pre-orders. I got a lot of orders in the first 20 seconds.
Just gonna re-quote this here for all of us rabid fans to remember a bit of patience. Even if you ordered nearly immediately, you might not be in this first main delivery.
AlxUnderBase wrote:My GScartSw it's on the way too ! Thank you, G !

Ps:G, it's this a V5.2 unit?
Yes.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

I'm glad to hear that StoneAgeGamer and SuperG are discussing a potential agreement/cooperation. I'm a huge fan of both!

Also, I hope people aren't giving SuperG a headache by bothering him about shipping. I watched the interview with him and Bob from RetroRGB and he seems like a genuinely nice guy with a family and kids and other priorities besides gscartsw. It looks like I missed the Feb. 15th cutoff by just a few days but no big deal! Just be patient everybody.
Fatrabbit89

Post by Fatrabbit89 »

Superg, I know this has been brought up and covered earlier but Im looking for some clarification.

I'm wanting to chain a Gcompsw to a Gscartsw, It obviously doesn't work for me as the scart pin 20 isn't seeing anything. I read earlier that the new Gscartsw with SOG also detects a signal from the green(I believe pin 11?) Does the new scart switcher detect a signal from green only when the SOG dip switch is on or does it detect from green even when SOG is off?
superg

Post by superg »

Fatrabbit89 wrote:Superg, I know this has been brought up and covered earlier but Im looking for some clarification.

I'm wanting to chain a Gcompsw to a Gscartsw, It obviously doesn't work for me as the scart pin 20 isn't seeing anything. I read earlier that the new Gscartsw with SOG also detects a signal from the green(I believe pin 11?) Does the new scart switcher detect a signal from green only when the SOG dip switch is on or does it detect from green even when SOG is off?
Good question. New gscartsw detects the signal on two channels, cvbs and green and regardless of DIP switch setting. What DIP switch controls is whether to compensate sync from green channel as some equipment requires this. What you're trying to do will be easier to accomplish now comparing to the earlier gscartsw versions. Also there will always be sync on cvbs output regardless of input mode (sog or rgbs) so if you're using OSSC you can wire everything to SCART input and just switch OSSC to required mode.
xlom3000

Post by xlom3000 »

superg wrote: We are discussing this currently, thanks goes to whoever contacted SAG ;)
Meanwhile I started shipping on Monday and much more units will be shipped soon (either Friday or next Monday). Half of the gscartsw units are already tested and case assembly is ongoing.

Glad I was able to get ya'll in touch! Looking forward to ya'll working together!
Foxe

Post by Foxe »

That's excellent to hear! I placed mine late January and happy to wait patiently. I'm really looking forward to this and wish you all the success with SAG. I'd suggest you update the first page with the current status though. I'd imagine there's people who still check that.

Cheers!