N64 Overclock doesn't work

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Jordino

N64 Overclock doesn't work

Post by Jordino »

I hooked up all of the wires after following Micro64's guide, and it works if I have both switches in the up position (right switch on 3.3v and left on ground), but any other positions cause it to crash or power off and make clicking noises. In one step of the guide they flip the wires around, so that may have made me wire it wrong, and I have slide switches instead of flip switches, but the switches should still do the same thing. I'll explain how I have them wired up (If we're looking from inside the console at the back of the switches). If you look at the guide, in the picture where it shows the 4 wires hooked up to the caps, the wires from 1 cap has the red connected to the bottom of the right switch, and the black to the bottom of the left. The other cap has the red connected to the top of the left switch and the black to the top of the right. Pin 112 connects to the left middle and 116 to the right middle. The thing is the picture above shows only one cap connected, except the red on the right is moved to the top, which confused me. So, can anyone tell if I did it right? (If my explanation is discernable). Could having a different type of switch be to blame?

And sorry my post is so lengthy, I wanted to be as clear as possible to solve this problem. Also, pin 116 broke off in my confusion of messing with the switches, so I'll attempt to melt the plastic back with my soldering iron and reattach.

Micro64: http://micro-64.com/features/oc64.shtml