infrared recording device for easier access to service menu

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Niro starship

infrared recording device for easier access to service menu

Post by Niro starship »

I use pretty much often my CRT tv’s service menu for image alignment.

Is there an infrared recording device in the market which will be able to record the infrared remote control’s buttons sequence with the correct speed - in order to bring out the service menu the buttons combination have to be registered fast as you already know - and play it back when is needed, just with a push of a button?

It would be much easier!

What device is capable of recording a series of InfraRed commands (Macro) with the correct speed?
I have CRT sony trinitrons TVs and the buttons combination required to bring out the service menu is pretty fast.
Last edited by Niro starship on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
buttersoft

Re: infrared recording device for easier access to service m

Post by buttersoft »

There are things like the Logitech Harmony programmable remotes that can be set up with button sequences - so you push one button and it fires a couple of IR commands in the right sequence. Might have to fiddle to set up button duration and other things though, IDK. Totally failed for me when i tried to set it up for a Samsung TV-4881 with MarkOZLAD's help. He got it to work, so it was probably just me.
Niro starship

Post by Niro starship »

Hi, just what I was looking at today, I thought it is a mainstream remote control with only basic recording functions not capable handling the correct speed in button sequence.
buttersoft

Post by buttersoft »

Niro starship wrote:Hi, just what I was looking at today, I thought it is a mainstream remote control with only basic recording functions not capable handling the correct speed in button sequence.
TBH i'm not sure. From memory the setup options in the PC software were pretty detailed, but you can bet it won't do the one particular thing you need it to :)
Niro starship

Post by Niro starship »

xa xa