Demon's Tilt (new Crush Pinball game)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
pinwolf

Demon's Tilt (new Crush Pinball game)

Post by pinwolf »

A video pinball game that's out now on steam in early access.
It is resampling the Crush Pinball games series by Naxat/Hudson Soft on the TG16/Super Famicon/Mega Drive/Wii.
(Alien Crush (1988), Devil's Crush (1990), Jaki Crush (1992), Dragon's Revenge (1992) and Alien Crush Returns (2008).

Demon's Tilt even improves the concept by adding a 'bullet hell' mechanic.

Steam Shop page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/422510/DEMONS_TILT/
Nintendo Switch: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/d ... lt-switch/

Crush Pinball Series: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/series/crush-pinball/
Last edited by pinwolf on Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
it290

Re: Demon's Tilt (new Crush Pinball game)

Post by it290 »

I haven't posted here in yeaaaaars and I had to log in just to say this looks amazing. Thanks for the heads up!
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Cannonballs

Post by Cannonballs »

Would be nice on Switch
pinwolf

Post by pinwolf »

Demon's Tilt on a cab with customised lighting triggers:
https://youtu.be/mNdzMWKkj1o
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Holy... how come I never heard of this! Thank you so much for posting, I loved the Crush games to pieces and this game looks right up my alley!
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
JBC

Post by JBC »

Jaki Crush is better than Alien Crush imo. This game looks promising and I hope it comes to Switch as well.
Godzilla was an inside job
pinwolf

Post by pinwolf »

Demon's Tilt is now out of Early Access.
Marc

Post by Marc »

I'll be pre-ordering on Switch tonight. Don't often do so, but that looks AMAZING.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

If you have the Xbox Ultimate game pass, it's free on there right now. It's not bad, I play with some of the older filters turned on.

The only thing to me is, the old Crush games used more of the visible screen (understanding they were only 4:3), but this new one seems to be very narrow.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

You can play the game in TATE though, which certainly offers up quite the experience on a large screen. I haven't tried playing it on a TV though on Steam sitting in front of my monitor, it looks good, though I understand that that is only one frame of reference.

IIRC the game is flip-grip compatible, so Switch players can take advantage of some extra real-estate (I've seen pics, but I need to confirm its operation).
Cannonballs

Post by Cannonballs »

I like the game but there are a lot of bugs in the menus that freeze up or just make you have to restart the game. The menus in general could use some work, and I think music should be random by default. This is the switch version.
it290

Post by it290 »

fwiw the Switch version works great with the flip-grip. Loving the dynamic soundtrack. This game is exceedingly fun and the table has a chance to evolve quite a bit as you play, but I do wish it had a few more conventional pinball standards like extra balls (I'm sure they exist, but I haven't seen one so far) and crazy multiball modes. So far I've only managed to unlock a 2-ball multiball and the camera works very well for that despite all the craziness going on the screen, I'm sure a couple more would have been feasible. Definitely recommended if you're craving some virtual+ pinball action, it scratches a different itch than conventional pinball.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Cannonballs

Post by Cannonballs »

Flip grip is great and makes multiball a little bit easier. I hope they do some updates, even when you go to rotate mode for flip grip the menus and everything else is still horizontal. I also hope they fix it so when you change something in the options menu it saves it. Pretty annoying having to change the hori/vert invert at the start of every game. Very fun game and with a few bug fixes I’ll be able to recommend it to tons of people.
it290

Post by it290 »

Yeah, agreed. I've also encountered a bug where my scores aren't getting pushed to the online leaderboards, which is a huge bummer.
Cannonballs

Post by Cannonballs »

I guess the bugs are getting worse. Last two EX games I’ve played after the first ball drained it just stayed on the end of ball bonus. I was able to flip and hear the sounds, but nothing. Had to leave to the menu. Bummer, as one game I had my best first ball, 80 million alone on that one ball.
pinwolf

Post by pinwolf »

@ EmperorIng:
Just saw, that according to your signature, you have composed the music.

I want to give you some big HAIL! for this.
You have done some real outstanding work here!!!

I'm gaming on home computers since Commodore VIC-20 and I would rate this among my absolute favorite tunes.

for comparison:
Chris Hülsbeck - The Great Giana Sisters Intro Loader + Title Scroll Screen [C64]
Jeroen Tel - Cybernoid 2 Title [C64]
Matt Gray - Last Ninja 2 - Central Park Loader + In-Game [C64]
Rob Hubbard - Commando [C64]
Falcon Patrol II music theme [C64]
Bubble Bobble - Theme

Respect.
Heil EmperorIng!!!11!

(Of course I bought the DEMON'S TILT Collectors Pack on Steam :) )
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Bought the Demon's Tilt digital d/l on the Nintendo Switch platform and have to say that it's quite a challenging pinball game. I only managed to activate multi-ball mode just once and have not been able to activate it again. What are the tasks required to pull off another round of multi-ball mode with Demon's Tilt?

Yep, Demon's Tilt is quite Flip Grip friendly alrighty. It does shine when played in tate mode, indeed, on the Switch.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~