RQ: Under Defeat loop requirement

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
BBH

RQ: Under Defeat loop requirement

Post by BBH »

where is it stated that a 95% contribution ratio is needed to reach the 2nd loop? And does that 95% mean it's averaged out through the entire game or what? (is this the message that's given on the screen if you get denied a second loop?)

I ask this because the first time I reached the 2nd loop on a single credit, I was pretty sure I didn't get 100% on ANY of the stages, although I usually don't really pay attention to it. Tonight I had a game where I got 100% on 1-1 and 1-5, dunno the rest... and even though I cleared the first loop on a single credit, I was denied the 2nd loop. It really surprised me (I wouldn't have beaten my old score anyway - I died a stupid stupid death on 1-4, and then died on the last boss's last form). I ended up getting 2.72 million and the stage on the high scores is listed as 2-0.

If reaching the second loop is entirely dependent on the contribution ratio, then that's really stupid. Having that be the sole factor that determines if you go on to the 2nd loop when it's such a strange system that nobody really fully understands... yeah. :roll: The least they could have done was allow the player several different ways to accomplish it, a la DoDonPachi.

This'll really kill my desire to keep playing it, I'd be enraged to have a game where I 1-lifed the first loop (hey, I came close once) and then didn't get to play the 2nd loop.
Last edited by BBH on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
incognoscente

Post by incognoscente »

As posted before from G.Rev
  • No continue
  • No 2-player
  • Average stage contribution 95% or higher for stages 1-1 through 1-5.
For example:
100% + 95% + 90% + 85% + 100%
/ 5 = 94% -- no second loop.
Raise one of the three middle stages by 5% and you should reach the second loop.

For reaching the second loop, 1-lifing doesn't matter. If that is still your goal, that's okay. But if survival interferes with contribution ratio, then you'll have to make the decision that's right to you.
BBH

Post by BBH »

okay thanks.

That's still really lame though. :(