Datapath x4 flip screen Darius Burst Question @Fudoh

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SNK-NEO-GEO

Datapath x4 flip screen Darius Burst Question @Fudoh

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

@Fudoh - The second screen on Darius Burst is flipped and a mirror is used to get that corrected within the game.. Do you know if the flip function on the Datapath X4 can be setup on the second screen on Darius Burst to correct the image and make it look normal? Does the flip option also introduces a frame of lag? Darius Burst native resolution seems to be at 1360 × 768 how do I configure that on the software?

The Darius Burst Game reads the drivers of the Taito's Monitors - I am planning on using two DVI - EDID emulators to copy the Taito's LCD EDID and use two TV or monitor(s).

My setup should look like this..
2 TVs or Monitor(s) or Dell P4317Q display multiple video inputs--> datapath x4 - 1 output flip second monitor --> 2 DVI-EDD emulators --> Taito Type X2 system.

thanks for the feedback..
The Future Is Now
Fudoh

Re: Datapath x4 flip screen Darius Burst Question @Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

The second screen on Darius Burst is flipped and a mirror is used to get that corrected within the game..
oh really? I always assumed the Burst cap was using two regular LCDs in standard orientation. And if the cab is using a mirror (to get rid of the screen gap), doesn't the PCB offer the option to use an un-mirrored output as an alternative?
Do you know if the flip function on the Datapath X4 can be setup on the second screen on Darius Burst to correct the image and make it look normal? Does the flip option also introduces a frame of lag? Darius Burst native resolution seems to be at 1360 × 768 how do I configure that on the software?
flip and mirror is available on many processors. Certainly no need to shell out the money for a Datapath unit. But yes, you're looking at a fixed lag here. The processor won't care what you actually do and will instead buffer a frame of video. The solution would be to delay the other screen as well by using the same processor twice. The resolution is fine. You can configure the output resolution to be identical with the source resolution.
The Darius Burst Game reads the drivers of the Taito's Monitors - I am planning on using two DVI - EDID emulators to copy the Taito's LCD EDID and use two TV or monitor(s).
and how does the board react if it sees regular monitors instead ?
My setup should look like this..
2 TVs or Monitor(s) or Dell P4317Q display multiple video inputs
The 49" 32:9 screens available from Samsung, Dell and Philips would be nice for that setup. I have a NEC 12:3 LCD (true 3x 4:3) for the classic Darius games and was definitely planning on getting one of the 49" ones for a Darius Burst setup.

But I have to ask: with a PC home version available (which offers the arcade mode in 32:9 res), is it worth it to spend that kind of money and effort on the arcade version?
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

@Fudoh - thanks for the quick reply and feedback..

The cab uses one normal monitor and a mirror next to that monitor..on the floor is a second monitor with a flip image. The PCB does not offer the option to use an un-mirror output as an alternative or let you mess with the game or OS. There might be some private hack version out there that has been modify to display the second monitor properly but I am not aware of this because I am not a VIP.

"flip and mirror is available on many processors"
Could you please recommend a device that can do this.. I wish that we had a current LCD that had this built in..

"how does the board react if it sees regular monitors instead ?"
The Taito Type X2 system will boot to a different resolution and screen with a "test of the day" error.

"The 49" 32:9 screens available from Samsung, Dell and Philips"
do you happen to have model number for those? do they take and display two inputs signals at the same time? ideally, i want to display the game on one monitor without frame:)

"PC home version available (which offers the arcade mode in 32:9 res), is it worth it to spend that kind of money and effort on the arcade version?"
Probably NOT but I love the game and have it on all format versions:)..
The Future Is Now
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

"flip and mirror is available on many processors"
Could you please recommend a device that can do this.. I wish that we had a current LCD that had this built in..
not really. I've seen it on so many units, but since I never found any use for it, I didn't really pay attention. On VPs it's used for ceiling mounting projectors or to put the projector behind the screen. MANY (if not most) presentation scalers (Kramer stuff for example) should have this. Maybe look for something affordable first and then check the documentation for the feature.
"The 49" 32:9 screens available from Samsung, Dell and Philips"
do you happen to have model number for those? do they take and display two inputs signals at the same time? ideally, i want to display the game on one monitor without frame:)
US model numbers tend to differ from ours, just check a few reviews on Youtube. Yes, I they can display two inputs next to each other. Last year's 49" models have 3840*1080 screen. This year you can get 5120*1440 models. The Samsung is about 850 EUR over here.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I've been playing around with tate mode stuff and a 4:4:4 test pattern today.

Looks like the Datapath x4 is a full 4:4:4 machine. :)

Very nice.
We apologise for the inconvenience
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

@Fudoh - thanks for all the feedback..

Many TVs claim to be able to present two pictures but it usually from different inputs or over windows software but I have only seen the Dell monitor that does that.. My Samsun TV for example claims that it can see two inputs but not if both are coming from the HDMI out puts.. I also, have a Dell monitor with the same feature, but agin not both from the same source. It would be nice to know the USA model TV that can place two video source from the HDMI side by side and at the correct ration and screen size..

There were TVs that could flip the image back during the Darius released which could be found in Japan.. but now, I don't know of any current ones...It would be nice to know of a particular model device that can flip the image without lag...
The Future Is Now
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I know, but the 49" 32:9 ones are basically made to replace 2-monitor setups and they can display two sources borderless next to each other.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

Fudoh wrote:I know, but the 49" 32:9 ones are basically made to replace 2-monitor setups and they can display two sources borderless next to each other.
Could you give me your region model to see if I can find the USA version. Thanks
The Future Is Now
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Check this review here
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwalla ... 65b6d7735e

It starts with a screenshot of the Samsaung 49" running a PS4 and XBOX at the same time next to each other.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

Thanks.. I took a look but for the love of Jebus, why curved..a flat version please:)
The Future Is Now
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

The steam version of this game on an ultra wide curved monitor is pretty awesome.

Playing it across 2 screens without the mirror setup sucks as alot of gameplay is in the center. I tried it and moved on.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

At 4ft in width you learn to appreciate the curve. I didn't think so at first, but I can understand the reasoning now. The Dell 49" will be my next desktop monitor. The Dell also has a considerably lighter curve than the Samsung, but it's more expensive.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

The Future Is Now
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

yes, will replace my 2x24" setup, but I need a new desk first, so not before the summer...
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

I was googling Mame games that support more than one monitor and got a link to an old post of yours.. I will be getting the monitor for Darius Burst PC at some point and worry about the Arcade Version later since this monitor would be good for the arcade version as well.. The only thing that I would have to worry about it the flipping the second monitor image part and the UI DVI emulator.

I took a look at a few reviews and the curve does not seem to be as severed as the Samsun and others curved monitor versions but one thing that I did not like was the 60hz part which might be a problem for future proof of newer games that might use the 36:9..

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22529&start=5
The Future Is Now
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Ever since I played Darius Burst at Arcade Club I really wanted to get the experience in my own home. Those 32:9 screens seem the best way to do it in the home, although, I did Google search and you can buy the whole cabinet for surprisingly little, like 3k or so (plus shipping and install costs I would expect). Now, that's not exactly an impulse purchase, but if you could effectively use that lovely 4 player joystick and dual screens for other games too...

So I'm thinking, if you did own the cab, what's to stop you replacing the Taito PC inside the cab with a steam PC and simply flipping the output of the second screen using Nvidia or ATI's software?
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

For most people the problem is space....that cab is, last name mongous, first name huggggge........Hugggggemongous:)
The Future Is Now
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

I know but a guy can dream right? Do you know how the joysticks connect up, are they USB or some kind of proprietary design?
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

The joysticks and buttons connect to two Taito JVS fast I/Os.. from there there is a nextwork RJ45 type of cable that goes to the Taito Type X2 system PCI fast I/O Card..
The Future Is Now
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Wow, I thought they'd just be USB.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

BuckoA51 wrote:Wow, I thought they'd just be USB.
People would hack it quickly if it had.. Taito implemented quite a bit of security in this game.

The game needs
TTX2 system with Fast I/O
HD with the Darius game
USB stick with the game key
Two fast I/O
Game check for monitors drivers software
The Future Is Now
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

@Fudoh - I went back to your datapath x4 review and you mentioned that the EMD-Xtreme4vs is the same device.. eBay seems to have them way less than the detapth x4. Is the link below the one that you mentioned? Hopefully, it will do flip and mirror like the x4.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EMS-Xtreme-4vs ... Sw3jtbR6BG
The Future Is Now
orange808

Post by orange808 »

SNK-NEO-GEO wrote:@Fudoh - I went back to your datapath x4 review and you mentioned that the EMD-Xtreme4vs is the same device.. eBay seems to have them way less than the detapth x4. Is the link below the one that you mentioned? Hopefully, it will do flip and mirror like the x4.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EMS-Xtreme-4vs ... Sw3jtbR6BG
They are identical.
We apologise for the inconvenience
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Blackbox Videoplex4
Avenview DVI-VIDEOWALL-4HD
ICS Technology x4
Pro Plex 4
Xtreme 4vs
Eyevis Eye-4-Split