Razion

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NAVVARR

Razion

Post by NAVVARR »

I'm keen to play this- and having bought multiple copies of every other Dreamcast and Neo Geo Game released by redspot and hucast - I was quite disappointed not to enjoy a dreamcast release.

Seems the only way to play this game is to actually shell out the exorbitant prices -that's if you can track down a copy.

Anyway- is there likely to be another print run of the game?- anyone know where I might be able to track down a reasonably priced copy?
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab
CMcK

Re: Razion

Post by CMcK »

NG:Dev.Team do offer reprints sometimes usually when a new game is going into production. They have just released Kraut Buster so it will be a wee while yet before any new games are ready.

I have offered Super Bario in Glasgow and Konbo in Edinburgh a loan of Razion and Neo XYX so more people can get to try these games but they have never taken me up on the offer.
ShootTheCore

Post by ShootTheCore »

While you wait for Razion to reprint, also checkout ReDux Dark Matters on Dreamcast. It’s very similar to Razion both graphically and in gameplay - both games share several staff members.
qmish

Post by qmish »

ShootTheCore wrote: It’s very similar to Razion both graphically
Really? I mean, Razion's graphics are very serious efforts, especially those Pulstar-alike caves
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Razion and REDUX are nothing alike imo. There are similarities in a few enemy sprites, but that's it.
ShootTheCore

Post by ShootTheCore »

I disagree. I own both games and have always been surprised at how similar they are. The backgrounds and color palette are different but many of the enemy sprites look almost identical.
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

CMcK wrote:NG:Dev.Team do offer reprints sometimes usually when a new game is going into production. They have just released Kraut Buster so it will be a wee while yet before any new games are ready.

I have offered Super Bario in Glasgow and Konbo in Edinburgh a loan of Razion and Neo XYX so more people can get to try these games but they have never taken me up on the offer.

How would a loan work?
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab
CMcK

Post by CMcK »

I never gave it too much though to be honest. They would have insurance and I would have them sign some sort of agreement. I wonder if they thought I wanted a share of the takings from that cab?