I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
EmperorIng

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by EmperorIng »

Finally managed the 2-ALL clear in ZeroRanger. How many of you have at least seen it through to its TLB on Green-Orange? Beautiful moments; downright Stone-Like :cry:
This clear took many, many attempts, especially since the full game is easily 43 minutes. That's a lot of time to get angry and stupid mistakes, ha.

Still, very wonderful! You should at least beat normal mode to see all the cutesy mock-ups of old arcade/box cover art in ZR style! The game's hodgepodge of homage is enough to make any fan smile, especially since so many are tucked away.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I finally 1CC’d Border Down! But I didn’t pass all the Norms or make the high score...
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Got a no miss run in Metal Slug 3.
Never I will play this again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

It amazes me people can do that. Congrats man!
Last edited by BurlyHeart on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

third_strike wrote:Got a no miss run in Metal Slug 3.
whoa, nice
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Just something I found out that even the mighty HIVAC can be timed out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAMtnVSQdYU
Sorry I can't dodge his second and last phase, it's impossible.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

DaringSpino34 wrote:Just something I found out that even the mighty HIVAC can be timed out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAMtnVSQdYU
Sorry I can't dodge his second and last phase, it's impossible.
5 minute-Survival. incredible.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Ketsui deathtiny mode and battle garegga premium arrange. Not worth screen shots as I know they're easy and about scoring. Fun modes though nevertheless.
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
Nate

Post by Nate »

R-Type Delta on Normal! Carved my way to an ending sequence at about 3:20 this morning first time ever (20 years). Unlocked "Theater" mode and a new pic! I would classify this as an "other" triumph. I feel I'm well on my way to mastery.
zoydo

Post by zoydo »

Got a 1cc/no miss in G.Darius Arcade Mode (PSone) on the lambda-route, yesterday.

First time i cleared G.Darius.
TOB
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha, I know the feeling!

... I did play it again though.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
ReSe2k

Post by ReSe2k »

Blinge wrote:
Haha, I know the feeling!

... I did play it again though.
I really love the game, until the Final Mission which just plain sucks. Way too long and the shmups segment is just awful imo.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

:o Well I suppose that makes up for not getting a clear in 2018? Maybe?

...this was using shmupmame's autofire. (Aka fuck ACseraph and Squire edition) Didn't know how to raise the rate tho..
Will have to do it without autofire next.

Edit: Did it again, this time without mame's autofire, using my stick's turbo button instead, which is slower than my best finger tapping haha.
However, i cannot keep up that manual rate of fire for an entire game..

Do we consider this a legit clear?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Blinge wrote: ...this was using shmupmame's autofire. (Aka fuck ACseraph and Squire edition) Didn't know how to raise the rate tho..
Will have to do it without autofire next.
:lol:

Just now saw this, congrats on the clear Blinge. Believe it or not I'm super lazy lately and I basically always play full auto these days. Also I would deem the full auto clear legit, as even Taito Hey!'s cabinet has a zero delay button and I've never seen a JP player not using it.

As for myself just got my first new clear of 2019. I recently resurrected my Genesis 3 from the dead after ten sad years of no 16 bit Sega violence. Popped in Dangerous Seed MD and cleared it blind on the first try. It's way longer than I expected at 12 stages, but very easy either way. Easy or not though I thought it was a damn satisfying game.

Now trying out lots of other MD shmups I've never had the chance to play, including that Darius II port everyone is always raving about. Gotta say I quite like it, so I'll prolly try to finish it off next.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Looks good to me, nice clear Blinge.

Ill get back to that one someday.

And lastly - welcome back AC.
My lord, I have come for you.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

1CC'd Border Down with all six norms passed, 6C path.
CricketyJimit

Post by CricketyJimit »

Just got my first ever arcade mode clear of a Cave game - Mushihime-sama 1.5 original on Steam...but on my first attempt messed up on the stage 1 boss, and restarted from the start menu, so no achievement, no replay save and couldn't upload my score :D
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

CricketyJimit wrote:Just got my first ever arcade mode clear of a Cave game - Mushihime-sama 1.5 original on Steam...but on my first attempt messed up on the stage 1 boss, and restarted from the start menu, so no achievement, no replay save and couldn't upload my score :D
Nice job; I've been on-and-off playing that for a while now. Best I can do is roughly stage 5 midboss. Close, but so far...

Too bad about the lack of score/replay! I wish Cave ports took the Takumi approach, where you can restart from stage 1 with no penalty to score or saving. Apparently Takumi devs were more forward-thinking in 2000 than Cave is in the 2010s :P I can't believe they never figured it out.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Congrats. You mainly lost out on the replay though. Achievements actually can't be unlocked on 1.5 at all because of it being a DLC Mode, and the achievements weren't made to unlock on it since it would make stuff like some of the 1ccs(Original on 1.5 without max is a lot slower than standard Original, though I'm not sure how it compares to Novice Original which is allowed) or the fire count ones. Also, you can't upload to the ingame leaderboard unless you're playing the Score Attack mode that doesn't allow restart at all.

and yeah, I really hate how Cave sets up Restart. Can't restart if you want credit even in the first stage, no option to do so in score attack, have to exit out of the run then start it up again. The best ones that I'm aware of are Crimzon Clover World Ignition which has Stage Restart(which acts the same with no score/replay/achievements) or full run restart and the 360 port of Raiden Fighters Aces that had a quick restart function(that you'd be using a lot)
CricketyJimit

Post by CricketyJimit »

EmperorIng wrote:Nice job; I've been on-and-off playing that for a while now. Best I can do is roughly stage 5 midboss. Close, but so far...
I think maybe it helped that I did a couple practice runs of stage 5 in training mode before hand so it would be fresh in my mind when I got to that point.

Attempted the 1CC again today though and twice in a row died at the last boss, somehow I always tend to lose lives on stage 3, either getting carried away tap dodging too much in time with the music, or just being thrown off by the trapped in a washing machine feel of that stage.
CricketyJimit

Post by CricketyJimit »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:Congrats. You mainly lost out on the replay though. Achievements actually can't be unlocked on 1.5 at all because of it being a DLC Mode, and the achievements weren't made to unlock on it since it would make stuff like some of the 1ccs(Original on 1.5 without max is a lot slower than standard Original, though I'm not sure how it compares to Novice Original which is allowed) or the fire count ones. Also, you can't upload to the ingame leaderboard unless you're playing the Score Attack mode that doesn't allow restart at all.
Interesting, I was mostly pissed off 'cause I had my hands hovering getting ready to put in my initials...then just ended up gawping at the screen in a weird happy angry state like "are you fucking kidding me?!"
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

x-posting
mycophobia wrote:Tatsujin (arcade)

mycophobia - 3,140,300 - 432 - Yes - MAME v.0195

2-ALL, finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSpbMmtG0lI

edit: According to MAME, I have put 693 credits into this game and have played it for 124 hours and 15 minutes
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congrats! You've been plunking along at this for so long it's great to see it all finally come together. I'll have to soak in the full replay to see all that twitch dodging in the second loop.

Looks like you favor switching out weapons for different stages/sections, too, instead of relying on the spread shot or green shot!
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

Thanks!

As far as weapons go it's mostly red with occasional green for the first half of the loop, and then blue for the rest when the popcorn enemy patterns start getting really hairy. At low power I almost exclusively stick to red, but swapping to blue for the beginning of the second loop has actually turned out to be quite handy, as the damage bug takes care of the first midbosses very quickly and also handle that first wave of ground enemies effectively.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

S-Rank clear of Monolith on Hard difficulty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iOIKhgIDKo

This one was pretty rough, but I discovered Laser with Triple+Homing rips up bosses, really powerful combo to use through the game. Sadly I didn't get it with Phasing which makes it DEVASTATINGLY good in rooms as you can ignore terrain and hide to avoid shots, but hey, still an S-Rank.
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Took down Fantastic Danmaku Festival Lunatic last night. It's been a long time coming, I just needed to not choke - turns out taking a couple months off and scaling back my attempts at scoring got me the clear in about two hours with a much better score as well, despite ignoring a lot of items and graze opportunities. Finished with lives in stock so I tried reincorporating some scoring bombs and kept game overing in the first 3 stages - lost my touch in less than an hour. :lol:

I'm not sure I 100% understand scoring in the first place - I have a suspicion that the rate one increases point item value from cancels isn't static but am not really sure how to go about testing it.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
InFireX

Post by InFireX »

Got a RefleX 1cc today with a score of 11,815,338.
https://youtu.be/vnne_i09Bpk
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

A decent 1-All Omote route on Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Arrange A version. Can't get to the 2nd loop because I got tripped twice at stage 5. This is a result of two-week training and I am still improving it. A 2-All run should be out soon enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNCW9iobdcs
Final score:7189.9660.8374
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Just found a weird ass bug. I was trying to avoid the Ura route and then this happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOX3zgX0wTs
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

Got my first Maniac clear in Mushi Futari BLAV:

Turd score, but I was aiming only for the clear. Now I can learn about the scoring system and ensure that I never get a clear again...