Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

Rob

Re: 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Post by Rob »

The newest immigrants have the best ideas about immigration: more more more! Imagine coming from a place with world class slums and thinking a few million immigrants a year is not enough.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Ed Oscuro wrote:Oops, GOP can't even censure Steve King.
For what exactly? Not being an eloquent speaker or sufficiently self-debasing (he still tries very hard)?
Ed Oscuro wrote:@Rob: Man, what are you ON these days? Lay off the cherry pickin' shit my man.
The "big literature" on the so-called "authoritarian personality" originates from a few mid-20th century immigrants who looked at the perhaps too familiar faces of the people who helped save their asses from fascism and then created an arbitrary "fascism scale" to judge and demonize their saviors with. It is Marxist propaganda fueled by paranoia and hate - a way to pathologize normalcy, traditional values, etc. Noah Berlatsky is just a recent, illustrative example of a character I saw propagating this garbage - a pathetic man who is obviously motivated by hatred of white people (and still has a job writing for multiple major media outlets despite that obvious hatred, which should tell you something). It is no surprise that he is pushing the "authoritarian personality" fiction and also feeding (white) people poison about their good parenting.
The idea was for a questionnaire survey to explore whether a psychological profile of the 'potential fascist character' could be identified. It was the first time that the critical school of Frankfurt has used a quantitative approach, and the results of their 'F' (for fascist) scale 'seemed to warrant alarm.' 'Anti-Semitism turned out to be ... the visible edge of a dysfunctional personality revealed in the many "ethnocentric" and "conventional" attitudes of the general American population, as well as of a disquietingly submissive attitude towards authority of all kinds.' This is where the link to Riesman came in: these potential fascists were 'other-directed,' normal, conventional Americans. The Authoritarian Personality therefore concluded with a warning that fascism rather than communism was the chief threat facing America in the postwar world, that fascism was finding 'a new home' on the western side of the Atlantic, and that bourgeois America and its great cities were now 'the dark heart of modern civilization.'
These psychopaths, not "normal, conventional Americans", were/are the problem. Twenty LARPing clowns or Steve King making a poorly phrased comment does not an American fascist/Nazi menace make.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

That's super, Rob. You're a smart guy who cares about things that matter.

Let's team up together on the Running Man when we're all replaced by robots and put into death camps. I think we'll be able to last 2 hours before being rendered into pig feed.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Argh, considering the US media's freakish obsession with human interest pieces, I can see how it'll go right now:

There will be six minutes of me gazing at a field during sunset, and blathering on about useless plucky bullshit like "I may be an old fuck and an old fuck's never won this game before, but I'm gonna be the first to win America's Fastest Dude!"

And not a minute later I'll fall into the first water hazard and get eaten by an octopus.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

It's definitely going to have to be the octopus.
There will be no pigs, in Future World.

Not koscher.
Or is it, Haram?

Dunno. Either way, its going to have to be the octopus.

Also, I'm sorry that in Future World, they make Future-BryanM, run.
Rob

Post by Rob »

BryanM wrote:You're a smart guy who cares about things that matter.
Are you employed? (I know that the only thing that matters is how much money you don't make, so I thought I'd ask - if the answer is "no", getting a job could help. You don't have to wait for Bernie Sanders to give you money.)
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

I liked you better before you turned into a bitter Pat Robertson clone, obsessed with foreigners ruining the NES library.

https://twitter.com/YAppelbaum/status/1 ... 3194025984
The funny thing about thinking like Pat Robertson here, i.e. believing the lie that Dems want their American girls to be raped by immigrants with hairy foreign dicks, is that the Trump Association spent 2018 filling its vacancies with even more immigrants on work visas.

Let's see, just in the past...day? Days?

- GOP Representative yells "go back to Puerto Rico" at a Hispanic CA member
- Citizen and marine veteran with PTSD is sent to ICE detention (in the Battle Creek jail)
- Revelation that Prez wanted to withhold all hurricane relief money from Puerto Rico
- Prez "fires back" at Pelosi's rather sensible suggestion the gov. should be open (which gets him off the hook for going on Prime Time TV and explaining why he has shut down the government) by outing a planned trip to a war zone
- ...and sending Mulvaney to Davos because that's what The Base really wants
- House GOP attempts to get a vote count on a second pass at the Continuing Resolution legislation, fails miserably
- ...and all but some fifty-odd House Republicans vote with Democrats to keep sanctions on skeezy Russian Derp, a rebuke to Trump and the Senate GOP
- Trump's Administration still doesn't know how many children it stole
- Rudes Giuliani still doesn't know what the story is

MAGA, etc., etc.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Just to get it out in the open:
Rob wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:Oops, GOP can't even censure Steve King.
For what exactly? Not being an eloquent speaker or sufficiently self-debasing (he still tries very hard)?
So, you too wonder "when white nationalism and white supremacy" became offensive?

Trump isn't just ruining the Presidency, he's enabling this kind of idiotic "own the libs" viciousness and straight-up racism that, once upon a time, got sorry asses kicked right out of polite conversation.
Rob

Post by Rob »

So, you too wonder "when white nationalism and white supremacy" became offensive?
This is why talking about propaganda matters - NYT and the like do their smear pieces and people lap it up and regurgitate without an independent, critical thought in-between.

He was saying that things have progressed from slurs like "white supremacist" to the point that "western civilization" itself has become a dirty word (and to prove his point, the Washington Post article below). His line following "western civilization" was referring to, get this, "western civilization". He was not wondering why "Nazi" became a slur. :lol: I mean, for Christ's sake - think!

Now the New York Times has a new article listing King's crimes against humanity, like proposing that English be made the official language of Iowa.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Ed Oscuro wrote:So, you too wonder "when white nationalism and white supremacy" became offensive?
Ethnonationalism is "offensive"?!

Someone get on the blower to Japan!

First things, first.
I have got to let my fellow Irishmen know this, at once!

Lads . . . we were wrong!
Why? Dunno. There's a guy on the internet sayin it
! . . .

Waaait a minute . . . to whom is it "offensive" and why?
Who made these "rules"?
When did they make them?
And while were at it; who are "they"?!
Ed Oscuro wrote:straight-up racism that, once upon a time, got sorry asses kicked right out of polite conversation.
"Racism"?
As defined by whom?
And who decided what was "polite" in conversation for us and when did that happen?

"Once upon a time", Ed, before the co-option of American academia and by extension Western Society, the claims you make here would have gotten you laughed out of honest,
educated and civilised discourse.

"Offensive"?
I am White man, sir, of the oldest European stock, an Irishman by the grace of God and an immovable and noble Ethnonationalist.
Do I offend?
If so, I tell you, hand on heart and in full assurance of the blessings of ancient line, that I don't give a tuppenny-fuck, what some current year, useful idiot, societal fashion victim, deems "offensive."
Further, I am neither "racist" nor "supremacist".

"Once upon a time", indeed.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Racism is the exploitation of a racial underclass by a racial majority for their own (perceived) benefit.

* Insert massive laundry list of racist things the state has done and continues to carry out here *

The difference between social liberal capitalism and conservative liberal capitalism is if these things give you a boner, or make you cough and want to talk about anything else. Both are incredibly racist.

Visible boners in public are just considered uncouth and a breach of acceptable decorum, by some.
Ed Oscuro wrote:viciousness and straight-up racism that, once upon a time, got sorry asses kicked right out of polite conversation.
Those have always been there. Television presents a very warped version of the world.

Maybe you're right about the Democrats drawing in a surplus of conservative liberals thanks to the ascent of the third way, though. The people who have quiet boners about manifest destiny have a D next to their name these days, when, in theory, it's supposed to be an R.

Don't you kind of shit yourself whenever Television gives off the strong impression that the future of the Democratic Party 'ought to be guys like John Kasich, hero of the hashtag resistance?
Zen wrote:There will be no pigs, in Future World.
Indeed. In the human poultry farms, we will be rendered into bio feed (5% or less human by volume) used to grow sheet meat.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

No, I mean that this kind of talk used to get people on well-maintained 'net forums kicked out, because it's toxic and unwelcoming.

I just want everybody to take a step back and think about what kind of place you want the Forum to be.

RE: Steve King's comments, he said this:
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization – how did that language become offensive?
If you're looking to find something good in there, at the same time that you go out of your way to cherry-pick "scary" comments from minorities that you didn't give the same thought to understanding, you're a hypocrite.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Ed Oscuro wrote:at the same time that you go out of your way to cherry-pick "scary" comments from minorities that you didn't give the same thought to understanding,
Here is a cherry-picked "scary" comment - maybe you can translate it for me so I can understand it. :lol:

Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BryanM wrote:Racism is the exploitation of a racial underclass by a racial majority for their own (perceived) benefit.
And by this alchemy, one cannot be racist against someone in a "position of power"?
It is also this intersectional gymnastics, by the way, that is playing out in the "metoo movement", with its novel interpretation of "consent".

No.
That definition of "racism" that you gave, is incorrect. It has nothing to do with numbers, or power.
What you are describing is a possible case of exploitation, sure but not "racism".
To portray it as such, would be to exploit it for the benefit of your own narrative and by your own definition and that would make you a "racist"?
(not that I am calling you racist, you understand)

"racism", is a conceit, not an action.

"racism"; the delusion, that one race is morally superior, to another.

Invariably, this delusion is borne of a weakness of character in the one who holds it.

"racism", ultimately, is not an expression of superiority, at all. It is in fact, an unwitting declaration of inferiority.

What would be your position on say, a self-loathing, own-race negating, crypto-bourgeois white boy, shouting "fuck whitey!"? Is he being "racist" against himself"?

The term itself, is a semantic trap and divested of its magic, fades away.
It is worth taking the time to look at how the idea has evolved as a concept and to who's benefit that might be.

Ultimately, there is no "racism".

The correct term for the condition , is "ignorance", not "racism".
BryanM wrote:The difference between social liberal capitalism and conservative liberal capitalism is if these things give you a boner, or make you cough and want to talk about anything else. Both are incredibly racist.
Ich spreche nicht Politique!
BryanM wrote:Visible boners in public are just considered uncouth and a breach of acceptable decorum, by some.
My honourable friend, is correct. Unfortunately, it is "the current year".
One has to put ones membership to the local Gentlemen's club, on hold, for the foreseeable future.
A rude correction is required, sir. And it is coming, make no mistake.
After that, well, I feel confident that with every thing back in order, we can all return to being the best of friends!

As for the time being? . . .
Gentlemen . . . "Boner's" to the front . . . Avante!
Last edited by Zen on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Ed Oscuro wrote:supremacy
Ed Oscuro wrote:offensive
Ed Oscuro wrote:viciousness
Ed Oscuro wrote:racism
Ed Oscuro wrote:toxic
Ed Oscuro wrote:unwelcoming

You're a veritable lexicon of censorious semantic's, Ed.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Ed Oscuro wrote:believing the lie that Dems want their American girls to be raped by immigrants with hairy foreign dicks,
Going back to this comment, and ignoring the pointless vulgarity - people want to play this game of not being held accountable for the things they advocate. They want to keep the border porous, they want to abolish ICE and in more extreme cases simply want open borders. So let's say we abolish ICE - then what? Here are some stats from ICE.

Are 3,740 convictions for sexual assault something to be mockingly dismissive about? No matter what the media tells you, you do not have the moral high ground.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Rob wrote:people want to play this game of not being held accountable for the things they advocate. They want to keep the border porous, they want to abolish ICE,
and get other countries to pay for your massive steel border wall?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Rob wrote:They want to keep the border porous, they want to abolish ICE and in more extreme cases simply want open borders. So let's say we abolish ICE - then what? Here are some stats from ICE.
Please do get you facts from another source besides what Fox News says that Republicans say that Democrats say. Such exaggerated cry was born in response to the family separations at the border, and the majority of democrats don't actually want to dismantle ICE. Yes, some of them did say the agency should be abolished, but also called for a more humane immigration system in its place, as a response to Trump's now-reversed policies.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/f ... poll-finds

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/politics ... index.html

There you go, a grand total of 11.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Durandal wrote:
Rob wrote:people want to play this game of not being held accountable for the things they advocate. They want to keep the border porous, they want to abolish ICE,
and get other countries to pay for your massive steel border wall?
You'll have to explain because I honestly don't get the connection.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Ed Oscuro wrote:No, I mean that this kind of talk used to get people on well-maintained 'net forums kicked out, because it's toxic and unwelcoming.
You might have forgotten this one, but this is shmups forum. (This was in response to some people not being fans of ST Dragon's extermination policies.)

And for all the fear or cheers of joy of fascism being ascendent these days, the past 6 years hasn't been good or bad for Golden Dawn. They haven't grown at all - stuck at the same 6 to 7% they get every election.

... though maybe their party was too openly nazi. The slightly more successful "nationalist" groups in other countries got the message from liberalism that you have to keep the murder boner inside your pants.
and the majority of democrats don't actually want to dismantle ICE
This isn't accurate. Or should I say, is currently "accurate", but in a very narrow pedantic way.

A plurality of Democrats do indeed think it should be liquidated and a majority have a "disapproving" opinion of the organization. But it hasn't been a hashed out issue in the party's inner discourse, and won't ever be a major deciding central plank of a Democratic platform. Only racelords care about racelord things.

If it ever did become a central policy issue however, it'd probably go the same way as gay marriage and Medicare. The country managed to survive over 200 years without ICE, with these crazy things called the border patrol, the national guard, the coast guard, the army, and the police.

Most democrats won't care that much and would defer to whatever leadership advocates. Otherwise, they'd be republicans.
You'll have to explain because I honestly don't get the connection.
When are we gonna bomb Mexico and steal their gold and women to moderately improve the fencing around our precious deserts of death?

There are armadillos out there with exposed yards of priceless sand, teammate.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Specineff wrote:what Fox News says that Republicans say that Democrats say.
Yes, some of them did say the agency should be abolished,
There you go, a grand total of 11.
I hadn't counted, but (apparently) eleven mainstream Democrats have said out loud that they would like to abolish ICE including our rising star Ocasio-Cortez. Thanks for the fact check. Reminded me of this tweet:

BryanM wrote:When are we gonna bomb Mexico and steal their gold and women to moderately improve the fencing around our precious deserts of death?
Ah, now it makes perfect sense - bombing Mexico. Thanks for the lucid thoughts as always.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Rob wrote:Thanks for the fact check.
You're welcome. Now stop generalizing.

Rob, level with us here, please: You couldn't and wouldn't give a crap about those raped immigrant women. You're comfortably away from the border states and cities you quote as such crime-ridden living nightmares. You see the furloughing and forcing of federal employees to work without pay as an acceptable sacrifice if it means that Trump will finally get (Bwa... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Sorry... couldn't contain it.) the financing for his wall. You speak of Trump "needing to deliver" with the same wishful feelings a passionate fan would about a sports team that is just a few points short to make it past the eliminatory rounds. You are not affected by any of the evils you've been quoting for so long and claim it's so darnedly necessary to defend against. What terrible wrong was done to you that you need to justify such hatred/fear/resentment and vengeance against a different race(s) and demonize them? What kind of great offense do you feel will be avenged by a businessman getting the ransom he demands for holding the federal government hostage?

Please do not give me the "I just don't want to see my country destroyed by blah blah blah blah blah" patriotic BS speech. It's evident your concern doesn't go that route.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BryanM wrote:You might have forgotten this one, but this is shmups forum. (This was in response to some people not being fans of ST Dragon's extermination policies.)

And for all the fear or cheers of joy of fascism being ascendent these days, the past 6 years hasn't been good or bad for Golden Dawn. They haven't grown at all - stuck at the same 6 to 7% they get every election.

... though maybe their party was too openly nazi. The slightly more successful "nationalist" groups in other countries got the message from liberalism that you have to keep the murder boner inside your pants.
I can find no evidence for your accusation, BryanM.
To clear this matter up, please direct us to where this defense of extermination policies was given, as these are grave charges to bring against a fellow.

I would put it to you, that what was said; that the "left" petulantly and reflexively cries "Nazi", at thought which differs from it's own, is more true today, than ever before.
How you are not able to see this, as you perpetrate that very "everyone I don't agree with, is a Nazi" shark jumping right now, in this very thread . . . well, there it is.

Does this dynamic, that one party within a discussion, rationalising that silencing by "kicking out" other opinion, is justified and satisfactory policy, not signify?

Keep punching those "Nazi's", BryanM!
And anyone else that feels that way; enjoy your shadowboxing.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Specineff wrote:What kind of great offense do you feel will be avenged by a businessman getting the ransom he demands for holding the federal government hostage?
I think it's more about avoiding the embarrassment of admitting that Tony Schwartz was right and "The Art of the Deal" was fictional, and therefore Rob was conned by a moron whose brilliant technique is just peppering his wild promises with superlatives (tremendous, beautiful, etc.) and ending them with "believe me."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't need to be smart to be a con man, you just need to be aggressive and double down when called out on your lies. "The Godfather" is fictional, "Goodfellas" is a true story. If Morrie the wig shop owner hadn't been killed, he'd have become president.

"I thought it was a joke."

Mod Edit: Huge Image
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Zen wrote:I would put it to you, that what was said; that the "left" petulantly and reflexively cries "Nazi", at thought which differs from it's own, is more true today, than ever before.
As opposed, of course, to the utterly ceaseless chorus of "political correctness run amok", "censorship", and white genocide, all of which are always made entirely in good faith and never as a frivolous, sensationalist distraction from the actual issue at hand. :lol:
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Zen wrote:I would put it to you, that what was said; that the "left" petulantly and reflexively cries "Nazi", at thought which differs from it's own, is more true today, than ever before.
Thought like "Jews will not replace us?"
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BulletMagnet wrote:
As opposed, of course, to the utterly ceaseless chorus of "political correctness run amok", "censorship", and white genocide, all of which are always made entirely in good faith and never as a frivolous, sensationalist distraction from the actual issue at hand. :lol:
Really?
You make an accusation of exaggeration over argument, by . . . exaggerating rather than arguing?

Your entire sentence, is a "frivolous, sensationalist distraction from the actual issue at hand", sir.

Once again, BulletMagnet; The "left" have been chasing their monsters for so long that, having run out of them, it has become the monster, feeding upon itself.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Yup, I completely made all that stuff up out of thin air, it's totally not the unofficial refrain of "nationalists" :lol: every time they're confronted about anything, especially not on this very forum. :lol: Consider me Owned! :lol:
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Mischief Maker wrote:
Thought like "Jews will not replace us?"
Are you referring to the dreaded Charlottesville SS- Diabeetus Division?
Jesus wept!
You boys are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for villains.

I was under the impression, that it was the more progressive, "left" element, that are having P.R issues, with their concept of antisemitism.
Cant even seem to get a march off the ground, such is depths or their "racism".
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

BulletMagnet wrote:Yup, I completely made all that stuff up out of thin air, it's totally not the unofficial refrain of "nationalists" :lol: every time they're confronted about anything, especially not on this very forum. :lol: Consider me Owned! :lol:
Pardon me, BulletMagnet but I have not engaged in deflection when confronted on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter. Ever.

If I may ask; What are "nationalists" ?