If you could have a sequel to a CAVE Shmup, what would it be

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Sumez

Re: If you could have a sequel to a CAVE Shmup, what would i

Post by Sumez »

Ibara, except not fucking Pink Sweets :P
Craft_XIII

Post by Craft_XIII »

poptart wrote:
Craft_XIII wrote:
poptart wrote:kinda interesting all the people posting guwange when none of them can even play the original competently, xoxak was right.
Who the hell is "Xoxak" and why was he "right"? Please explain, this interests me.
https://youtu.be/rbts2qTrbAg

Everybody always wants sequels when they can't even play the originals yet, there's literally 3 of us who know anything about guwange in depth and take me out none of them are in this thread, i doubt a single one of those calling for guwange 2 here even has a shitty 30 mill low tier basic game chain score.
Lol, figured this was some misplaced internet ego thing.
poptart

Post by poptart »

Craft_XIII wrote: Lol, figured this was some misplaced internet ego thing.
It's a matter of fact thing.

zak wrote:
Does it matter?
matter, no. It's just an interesting observation that a genre based around you know actually playing see's ppl routing for games and wanting sequels when they don't and can't play for shit, the original and blue still exist, feel free to go and knock yourself out getting gud at them but most won't because they hate learning anything new ie the control method.
Craft_XIII

Post by Craft_XIII »

poptart wrote:
Craft_XIII wrote: Lol, figured this was some misplaced internet ego thing.
It's a matter of fact thing.

zak wrote:
Does it matter?
matter, no. It's just an interesting observation that a genre based around you know actually playing see's ppl routing for games and wanting sequels when they don't and can't play for shit, the original and blue still exist, feel free to go and knock yourself out getting gud at them but most won't because they hate learning anything new ie the control method.
Yes, a fact. A fact that you've misplaced your internet ego in the wrong thread.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

poptart wrote:matter, no. It's just an interesting observation that a genre based around you know actually playing see's ppl routing for games and wanting sequels when they don't and can't play for shit, the original and blue still exist, feel free to go and knock yourself out getting gud at them but most won't because they hate learning anything new ie the control method.
Imagine being angry that people like having fun instead of meeting some internet rando's idea of how you should play a game.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
poptart

Post by poptart »

trap15 wrote: Imagine being angry that people like having fun instead of meeting some internet rando's idea of how you should play a game.
How you should play the game requires you know playing the game! and they don't.

Imagine being so insecure you have to get defensive of those you relate to ie the pcb, cab, shelf of figurine sick grabber "adults" who never get beyond mediocrity in any game and still want more releases to not play either lmao.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Not sure how saying people don't deserve ridicule for wanting more content similar to things they already enjoy implies that I'm insecure. But go off. Hope you enjoy your self-worth being determined by numbers you get in a fucking video game.
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

poptart: What don't you get about people just wanting to have fun with the games they play? For some people having fun is going deep and mastering a game, playing it for years. For others people other things are fun, like just playing a few casual credits after work, to wind down for example.
poptart

Post by poptart »

trap15 wrote:content similar to things they already enjoy
how would they know if they haven't played the game to begin with? lets reframe the question, would you think it sensible for someone to want a sequel to a film when they haven't even seen the first?
ptoing wrote:poptart: What don't you get about people just wanting to have fun with the games they play? For some people having fun is going deep and mastering a game, playing it for years. For others people other things are fun, like just playing a few casual credits after work, to wind down for example.
ok? no ones having that discussion though, i'm just bringing it to light odd that the game most requested for a sequel is the one they have played the least to begin with but as the truth is never popular out comes team feefees with the defence network.
Craft_XIII

Post by Craft_XIII »

poptart wrote:
trap15 wrote:content similar to things they already enjoy
how would they know if they haven't played the game to begin with? lets reframe the question, would you think it sensible for someone to want a sequel to a film when they haven't even seen the first?
ptoing wrote:poptart: What don't you get about people just wanting to have fun with the games they play? For some people having fun is going deep and mastering a game, playing it for years. For others people other things are fun, like just playing a few casual credits after work, to wind down for example.
ok? no ones having that discussion though, i'm just bringing it to light odd that the game most requested for a sequel is the one they have played the least to begin with but as the truth is never popular out comes team feefees with the defence network.
Note to self: Avoid shitty breakfast pastries.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Craft_XIII wrote:Note to self: Avoid shitty breakfast pastries.
A great New Year's resolution! Cheers to you!
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Definitely Progear or Ketsui.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

poptart wrote:how would they know if they haven't played the game to begin with? lets reframe the question, would you think it sensible for someone to want a sequel to a film when they haven't even seen the first?
You're implying the only way to "play" a shooting game is to have a score that impresses you. Sorry, but different people have different reasons to appreciate games, and that doesn't necessarily include scoring them. Quit the holier-than-thou bullshit.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Besides, a Guwange that isn't painful to play would be kinda cool :3 I do enjoy the game's presentation and basic concept a lot.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Sumez wrote:Ibara, except not fucking Pink Sweets :P
Yeah, all things considered Ibara is definitely my favorite Cave game. Definitely worthy of a proper sequel.
donluca

Post by donluca »

Sumez wrote:Besides, a Guwange that isn't painful to play would be kinda cool :3 I do enjoy the game's presentation and basic concept a lot.
Meh.

I get murdered by the third stage boss, but I still find it really enjoyable. I just need to pour more time into it.

And to stop buying broken arcade shit over eBay and lose months of my life troubleshooting and fixing it.
tongshadow

Post by tongshadow »

Ketsui 2: No empty locking/dumb scoring tricks Edition
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Def Ketsui 2.
Ketsuipachi is a small taste of how awesome it could be.
tongshadow

Post by tongshadow »

monouchi wrote:Def Ketsui 2.
Ketsuipachi is a small taste of how awesome it could be.
Why does DDP DFK gets a billion different modes and we gotta stick with barebones Arcade Ketsui for the most part? :cry:

I really hope Deathtiny on Steam happens and it includes all modes/versions, vanilla Ketsui is starting to feel like Futari 1.0.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Espgaluda 3 or Pro Gear 2
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

It would be kinda cool to have vertical sequels to both Akai Katana and DeathSmiles, the latter being their biggest earner, right? Just have all cut scenes cut short with simple button presses though.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Feveron is not a personal favorite of mine, but all the same I'd love to see them take another shot at it, if only to see them really go all in on the disco theme this time around (weird how they eventually stuffed so many cartoon people and whatnot into DDP but stuck almost exclusively to blowing up faceless machines here). I also wouldn't mind a bit less emphasis on ludicrous movement speed (and/or MEOW) for success, but not everyone would appreciate that, heh.
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

インスタントブレイン with an arcade perfect port of DoDonPachi this time around...
Special World

Post by Special World »

mushihimesama

futari is my favorite shmup and i would enjoy playing another one

would also be happy with a new pink sweets or muchi pork
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

On topic, but off; maybe a proto CAVE sequel? I would love to see how they would do a follow up to V-V, which was kind of like Slap Fight 2.0. Worked great from Batsugun to the DonPachi series.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

emphatic wrote:It would be kinda cool to have vertical sequels to both Akai Katana and DeathSmiles, the latter being their biggest earner, right? Just have all cut scenes cut short with simple button presses though.
I would really like to see them finish Propeller wars (Vertical Progear.)
poptart

Post by poptart »

trap15 wrote:
poptart wrote:how would they know if they haven't played the game to begin with? lets reframe the question, would you think it sensible for someone to want a sequel to a film when they haven't even seen the first?
You're implying the only way to "play" a shooting game is to have a score that impresses you. Sorry, but different people have different reasons to appreciate games, and that doesn't necessarily include scoring them. Quit the holier-than-thou bullshit.
Oh "implying" code for you have terrible reading comprehension and are ranting off on things no one said whilst getting defensive because what i said is true. Tell us more about your candycabs and pcbs of games you don't even play and wanting more sequels so you have more plastic to collect.

Appreciating games without even delving into them doesn't even make sense, how can you appreciate that which you do not know? and no this doesn't imply or equate to you must be pro but actually PLAYING AT ALL would be a start especially before you wish for sequels. Reality and truth is not a strong suit for the commiefornian is it? i mean christ you can't even be honest about your sexuality whilst you're sticking it in certain trannies fart holes lmao.

Sumez wrote:Besides, a Guwange that isn't painful to play would be kinda cool :3 I do enjoy the game's presentation and basic concept a lot.
see their it is, can't learn anything new, just want the same game reskinned over and over, not attempt to even grasp the game just MUH AESTHETICS and PLEASE GIB MOAR GAMES TO COLLECT.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

poptart wrote:Oh "implying" code for you have terrible reading comprehension and are ranting off on things no one said whilst getting defensive because what i said is true.
Either that's exactly what you're implying, or you have some bizarre definition of "playing games" that doesn't include, well, playing them.
poptart wrote:Tell us more about your candycabs and pcbs of games you don't even play and wanting more sequels so you have more plastic to collect.
I've never actually asked for a sequel here beyond that joke image, no? I'm not sure how you can say I don't play my games, since I play them near daily. Do I need to post what I'm playing every day to satisfy you? Didn't know you cared so much~
poptart wrote:Appreciating games without even delving into them doesn't even make sense, how can you appreciate that which you do not know? and no this doesn't imply or equate to you must be pro but actually PLAYING AT ALL would be a start especially before you wish for sequels.
What is your definition of "playing at all"?
ReSe2k

Post by ReSe2k »

@popart

The only thing shitty low tier in this thread is your attitude. The funny thing though is you being shit at the game yourself and still acting all elitist about it.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

poptart wrote: see their it is, can't learn anything new, just want the same game reskinned over and over, not attempt to even grasp the game just MUH AESTHETICS and PLEASE GIB MOAR GAMES TO COLLECT.
What if I attempted to grasp the game and I didn't enjoy it at all? Should I torture myself for hours until I can maybe finally start to enjoy it? There are plenty of other shooters I dig, including Cave ones. I don't need to lose myself in awkward controls of two entities at the same time, and potentially game-long combos. My perfect Guwange sequel doesn't even have combos at all.

It's really funny how you insist on coming down on people who want a sequel because they claim to like the game ("but you can just play it, it's already there") and apparenly also people who want a sequel because they didn't like what they did with the original game ("you didn't really play it! you don't get it!")

Besides, I thought it was pretty obvious that my post was being facetious.