Aleste is coming back?!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
cj iwakura

Re: Aleste is coming back?!

Post by cj iwakura »

I'm firmly in camp MUSHA.

heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Tatsuya79

Post by Tatsuya79 »

Camp Gaiden.

reversi

Post by reversi »

[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ale ... 0914184413[/img

Yes, in Aleste 1 you are playing Ellinor's dad. I am Team Aleste 2.
louisg

Post by louisg »

reversi wrote:Image

Yes, in Aleste 1 you are playing Ellinor's dad. I am Team Aleste 2.
One of the more bad-ass covers IMO. I'd love to see Aleste 2 come back in general. From what I've played of it (3 full levels in I think?), it seems like one of the better Aleste games. That and Power Strike 2 (Aleste in everything but name) seem to get overlooked in favor of MUSHA and Super Aleste.
Humans, think about what you have done
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Musha has the strongest overall theme and aesthetic.

Ellinore is also best girl.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
KAI

Post by KAI »

still no reup of the M2 stream?

hope this is a mecha shmup ala musha and robo
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

This article is mostly about ESP Ra.de's upcoming ShotTriggers release, but included the following info concerning the new Aleste:
More info on Aleste is likely to come in Summer 2019. However, M2 made one thing clear: the game is being made as an arcade game in mind, so much that it wouldn’t feel out of place in one. The possibility of it coming to arcades is quite high, especially considering the number of platforms available like ALL.Net P-ras MULTI, NESiCA, and the upcoming exA-Arcadia. That said, in the end it will be up to whether they think it can turn a profit.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

An arcade game? But I want a console port too... It could work on the Switch or PS4.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

BulletMagnet wrote:This article is mostly about ESP Ra.de's upcoming ShotTriggers release, but included the following info concerning the new Aleste:
More info on Aleste is likely to come in Summer 2019. However, M2 made one thing clear: the game is being made as an arcade game in mind, so much that it wouldn’t feel out of place in one. The possibility of it coming to arcades is quite high, especially considering the number of platforms available like ALL.Net P-ras MULTI, NESiCA, and the upcoming exA-Arcadia. That said, in the end it will be up to whether they think it can turn a profit.
I remember back then from a tweet or so that M2 teased that Aleste arcade may be in the work for Exa Arcadia for Summer 2019. I do hope it offers 2 player simultaneous.

xxx1993 wrote:An arcade game? But I want a console port too... It could work on the Switch or PS4.
We can all wish, and arcade versions must be different from home console versions when any arcade titles are published to Exa Arcadia so that no two experiences are the same.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I've been waiting for a new Aleste game for a long time now. I don't want it to be arcade exclusive.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I wouldn't worry.
Pointman

Post by Pointman »

xxx1993 wrote:An arcade game? But I want a console port too... It could work on the Switch or PS4.
And that is why arcades have failed. The whole point of EXA-Arcadia is to revitalise the arcade industry, releasing home ports would totally undermine that.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

What will happen to this game, then? I've been waiting for this for so long now.
Ajora

Post by Ajora »

cj iwakura wrote:I'm firmly in camp MUSHA.

Having played through the entirety of Musha Aleste a couple weeks ago, I can easily say that it's my favourite game within the genre. Up until that point, Einhander was my favourite.
There was a time, in the era of great chaos, when the Earth and the moon were at war with each other. A daredevil from the moon piloted a bizarre aircraft. It was feared, and because of its shape, called... Einhander.
louisg

Post by louisg »

Ajora wrote: Having played through the entirety of Musha Aleste a couple weeks ago, I can easily say that it's my favourite game within the genre. Up until that point, Einhander was my favourite.
It's a neat game! Back when I was in my early 20s, I used to dismiss it because I found it easy. But it's really grown on me as a great shmup experience-- good stage design, good pacing, neat gimmicks in the levels, and good enemy patterns. And it's an early example of technical mastery of Genesis hardware.
Pointman wrote:
And that is why arcades have failed. The whole point of EXA-Arcadia is to revitalise the arcade industry, releasing home ports would totally undermine that.
It's too bad that arcades can't have hardware anymore that's ahead of what's at home. You get the shiny awesome arcade version, and then an OKish version to play on your own time. I guess the problem is economic..? Not to get all "cool story, old dude" here, but I remember when they were over a generation ahead of what was at home. God knows how much those machines must have cost, but that was a huge incentive to get out to the arcades on the weekend. I know there's some pretty insane hardware out there that we don't have our consumer mittens on yet because I've seen Nvidia demo it on YouTube! :D Can you imagine if you walked into an arcade today and saw some crazy new raytraced videogame that you could never do on your PS4? That'd be rad.

But yeah, I'm hoping for a home port of it at some point, or some way of playing it outside of Japan. Maybe in a few years they'll bring it home. I know why they're doing it this way, but I can't say that I'm not disappointed.
Humans, think about what you have done
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

You guys realize they aren't even sure they're going to make an arcade release, right?
The POSSIBILITY of it coming to arcades is quite high... That said, in the end it will be up to whether they think it can turn a profit.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Well, it's already summer... Hope someone keeps me posted about the upcoming Aleste game. And hopefully, just maybe, we get to see Ellinor Waizen again. But I think I want the original from Aleste 2. Not her alter-egos from M.U.S.H.A. or GG Aleste.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

louisg wrote:
reversi wrote:Image

One of the more bad-ass covers IMO.
Never been much of a msx guy myself... but dammit if you're a collector, these kind of covers on those boxes must just kill you - until you have the precious things :)

p.s. please be happening and please be good whatever aleste we get... souky-aleste? Well we might as well shoot for the stars while we've got our wishing shoes on!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201907/12179504.html

My friend had this to show me on Famitsu, but so far this is the only information I have. This girl has got to be Ellinor Waizen...
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

xxx1993 wrote:https://www.famitsu.com/news/201907/12179504.html

My friend had this to show me on Famitsu, but so far this is the only information I have. This girl has got to be Ellinor Waizen...
Yeah it's Ellinor, Gematsu has some stuff translated.

https://gematsu.com/2019/07/new-aleste- ... ste-branch

Not much but we're getting more September 7th.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I’m glad. It’s been too long since we last saw her. And I heard we’ll see what her ship looks like on July 28th. All she needs now is a voice, I’m thinking someone like Sora Amamiya or Yukari Tamura should voice her.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/13/n ... te-branch/

Siliconera thinks the title means this game will feature branching paths ala Darius. Honestly... I don't know what to think about that. Unless they give us an "Easy" or "Hard" route...
gray117

Post by gray117 »

xxx1993 wrote:https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/13/n ... te-branch/

Siliconera thinks the title means this game will feature branching paths ala Darius. Honestly... I don't know what to think about that. Unless they give us an "Easy" or "Hard" route...
When there's not much opportunity to new-game-plus I'm *guessing* that's the choice of a shmup that wants to reach out audience wise a bit; offer a bit more content 'value' and take away that easy (/stupid) reviewer line of "there's no reason to replay".
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

But branching paths have always been a pet peeve of mine. Unless there are a set of paths that will eventually reconverge into one path like Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse or Sky Target...
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

Digging that Aleste 2 cover. I'd say more Aleste of any kind is probably a good thing, though I'm often not a fan of a lot of the music...
IS THIS WORLD SPINNING AROUND
-
Should be "Trolling Gunner," amirite?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

On a side note, this poster of Aleste 2 I found, it feels less like Aleste and more like Aliens or Contra. Looks like Ellinor's channeling her inner Ellen Ripley with that flamethrower of hers. All she needs is a power loader and her shouting, "Get away from her, you bitch!"
Last edited by xxx1993 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reversi

Post by reversi »

Oh wow, I have never seen that poster art before. I just wished they could create something as beautiful for the new game. The generic design of Ellinor that has been released is heartbreaking. So uninspired and boring.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

What's wrong with her new design?
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

I'm okay with it tbh. Very 2000's moe in contrast to the classic 80's-90's edge of the old design (which I obviously prefer), but it's actually pretty well executed and cute for what it is.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

No one’s answered me this question yet. Should she have a voice?