Rotating TV Stands For Vertical Gaming and Shmups

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Rotating TV Stands For Vertical Gaming and Shmups

Post by Tokyo-J »

Anyone have experience with rotating stands for a 32 inch LED tv? Want to do some Switch and PS4 gaming Vertically.

Would like something that I can use that goes from Horizontal to Vertical.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
scrilla4rella

Re: Rotating TV Stands For Vertical Gaming and Shmups

Post by scrilla4rella »

This is relevant to my interests.

No seriously, I've been looking into this a bit. The main distinction is between free standing vs. mounted stands (often with swivel arms). The latter seem more common but also more prone to being cheap and flimsy.

I've been eyeing this one but have yet to pull the trigger. I have no idea if it's quality or not.
https://tinyurl.com/y9qu3b39
ShootTheCore

Post by ShootTheCore »

This is the one I use with my OLED flat panel - works great:

https://www.wallmountworld.com/Full-Mot ... rotate.htm
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

ShootTheCore wrote:This is the one I use with my OLED flat panel - works great:

https://www.wallmountworld.com/Full-Mot ... rotate.htm
Roughly one-quarter the price:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N ... UTF8&psc=1

Been using the above for a couple months now with a 4K 49" TCL TV. Had to tighten the pivet screws once (took 30 seconds), but it's been good. Only complaint is there's no stop for either orientation so you have to eyeball it (which hasn't been a problem).
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Old references but worth a try;
Crimson AV DS134
Ergotron 33-329-085

There's also this; https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adj ... 7MK37P7WQ6

32" rotating stands were never in high demand so they're few and low in stock, especially outside of the US.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Craft_XIII

Post by Craft_XIII »

My friend, welcome.

Back in the depressive winter of 2013/14 I too decided to embark on a most righteous endeavor. I remember it like yesterday...
Freshly broken-up with my ex-girlfriend, frustrated with my employment situation at the time, I decide I needed a change.
I retreated into the warm confines of my bedroom where I would spend the next several months.

With me I brought my 40 inch Samsung LED from the living room, as well as my oversized Italian leather chair with ottoman. Fucks were not given.
My only mission was to be able to play my favorite Shooters on the biggest screen possible, in their intended TATE orientation, in maximum comfort.

I took to "Amazon" and tried to find a swivel mount that could fit my TV. It took a bit of work, but I finally found one that allowed for "Portrait" orientation.
(I just moments ago dug through my closet and found the manual for the mount in hopes to give you a model number, however, the 11pg manual had no identifying factors.
It does mention it works for TVs/Monitors up to 60 inches. I believe it cost around $45 US dollars at the time).

The next day after work I stopped into Home Depot and bought myself about $30 worth of things that looked like "Erector Set" pieces for adults. Sturdy, metal, each approx 3 ft(1yd) in length, with bolt holes every inch. If you put two pieces side by side, you could determine the height you desired then put a bolt into them so they would extend taller than 3 ft. With the right sized bolts these things could be built into anything. Anyways, I built a sturdy bracket that fit perfectly with the TV "wall mount" I had bought(I didn't want to drill holes in my wall, minor fucks were given).

For the last 4+ years I've been gaming in TATE on a 40inch LED, and it's great. All I have to do is turn my TV 90 degrees counter-clockwise(except for the shitty steam version of Raiden Legacy which requires clockwise rotation, fuckin-up all my cables!). Well worth the investment.

If I can find the model number of my mount I'll let you know. I recall it not being very easy to find it back then, I remember telling myself I should have ordered two. But I'm sure if you put in some effort, you'll get'er done.

Good Luck!
Craft_XIII

Post by Craft_XIII »

Well, I cleaned-out my closet last week and found my packaging invoice for the rotating mount I bought several years ago.
Figured I'd update this thread with the info before it's lost to history.

It was bought on Amazon...
Sold by "Displays2go" located in Bristol, Rhode Island USA. 1(800)572-2194
Model Number: WBLP1246F
Description: Fixed Mount for 32" to 60" TV

Like i said in my previous post, after building a stand for this mount it's been great.

NOTE: There is a cheap spring-loaded snap-lock mechanism attached to this mount that keeps the TV/mount rotated in place at 90 degrees. If you are not planning to mount your TV directly to a wall/flat surface, the mechanism may pop-out of it's cheap plastic housing on the backside of the mount, due to pressure from spring. This happened to me, but I found there to be enough tension in the rotation that mine balances fine at 90 degrees without the lock.