Anyone in the Philly Area?

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
daskrabs

Anyone in the Philly Area?

Post by daskrabs »

I was considering hosting a shooter meetup if there's folks in the area that are interested. I'm in lower Montco about 45 min north of Center City.
DialKnight

Re: Anyone in the Philly Area?

Post by DialKnight »

I'm up near Allentown, but you should get tickets to "too many games" expo, been there for three years running. Free play arcade with DDPDOJ, and the largest array of candy cabs I've seen on this coast
daskrabs

Post by daskrabs »

DialKnight wrote:I'm up near Allentown, but you should get tickets to "too many games" expo, been there for three years running. Free play arcade with DDPDOJ, and the largest array of candy cabs I've seen on this coast
Already got my ticket ;) I'm there every year.
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

Yo! Let's see if we can get them to do a caravan tournament !
Summer Carnival 2018
Coffygrinder

Post by Coffygrinder »

I am just North of Philly.
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

I'm an hour north from Allentown. It would be cool to do something.
daskrabs

Post by daskrabs »

Now we're talking. Perhaps we can have a meetup in the new year at some point? I haven't been to Barcade in a while...
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

I'm in the NE Philly suburbs myself.
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

I've only been in PA barely two years, just moved from Chicago (you guys have to see Galloping Ghost Arcade). Went to Barcade though and I was pretty impressed by it. I went to a couple of the bring-your-console events at Brew Works in Allentown when it first started happening though I just never went back (though it was cool). I brought a Dreamcast and my laptop with MAME on it. Got to get 4 player Sunset Riders going for a short while.
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

daskrabs wrote:Now we're talking. Perhaps we can have a meetup in the new year at some point? I haven't been to Barcade in a while...
I'm down for a winter meetup, Looks like we have a head count.
Lord British wrote:I've only been in PA barely two years, just moved from Chicago (you guys have to see Galloping Ghost Arcade). Went to Barcade though and I was pretty impressed by it. I went to a couple of the bring-your-console events at Brew Works in Allentown when it first started happening though I just never went back (though it was cool). I brought a Dreamcast and my laptop with MAME on it. Got to get 4 player Sunset Riders going for a short while.
Hit me up if you do a Barcade, I'm fairly local, Same to you Daskrabs
DJ Kevgeez

Post by DJ Kevgeez »

Did your winter meetup ever happen?

I'm just joining today. If it didnt happen lets do a Spring meetup.

Maybe Barcade and Brauhaus for drinks on South Street.
daskrabs

Post by daskrabs »

DJ Kevgeez wrote:Did your winter meetup ever happen?

I'm just joining today. If it didnt happen lets do a Spring meetup.

Maybe Barcade and Brauhaus for drinks on South Street.
Hasn't happened yet. If we can't get something together for the spring, maybe we can do something to coincide with TooManyGames in June.
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

Hey guys, just checking in, still interested in meeting up.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

I am in Bethlehem and always down for a gaming meetup !
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策
DJ Kevgeez

Post by DJ Kevgeez »

It would have been nice to see you all at OctoberFest 2 weeks ago.

There is another OctoberFest on the 18th if you guys are interested.
https://www.upcomingevents.com/e/oktobe ... ory-39205/

Really i'm just looking for drinking buddies because i cant hang out with co-workers and
I've grown apart from the people i grew up with.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I'm going to be in Philly for work in March and wanted to see if anyone could recommend a decent barcade near in the area. Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!
daskrabs

Post by daskrabs »

scrilla4rella wrote:I'm going to be in Philly for work in March and wanted to see if anyone could recommend a decent barcade near in the area. Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!
Barcade Philly is great.
daskrabs

Post by daskrabs »

I know I started this thread and never followed up, my bad. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys at some point this spring. A Saturday afternoon Barcade trip might be the best thing for now. There's other places with games around the city and burbs, but none can really compete IMHO. I doubt we can do anything shooter specific besides meeting at someone's house, but certainly we can do retro.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

daskrabs wrote:Barcade Philly is great.
cool thanks! I'll be in town from the night of 3/21 - 3/23 if anyone wants to grab a beer
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Damn! that a pretty respectable list of games at Barcade Philly. Daytona, KOF, Snow Bros., and Gunblade all under the same roof!? This beats the hell out of anything here in the Bay Area
DJ Kevgeez

Post by DJ Kevgeez »

daskrabs wrote:I know I started this thread and never followed up, my bad. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys at some point this spring. A Saturday afternoon Barcade trip might be the best thing for now. There's other places with games around the city and burbs, but none can really compete IMHO. I doubt we can do anything shooter specific besides meeting at someone's house, but certainly we can do retro.
People keep bringing up "Barcade" but i think it is because of the video games there.
It is more of a Date night place you bring chicks.
Greatest for Double dates.

Barcade's actual beer is terrible.
It is all Craft beer and i cant get past the sour taste of it. American beer sucks in general imo.

Once this Plannedemic and so-called virus blows over (Nov. 5th) lets figure out a place to meet up.
I'm still advocating Brauhaus or Frankford Hall.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

DJ Kevgeez wrote:
daskrabs wrote:I know I started this thread and never followed up, my bad. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys at some point this spring. A Saturday afternoon Barcade trip might be the best thing for now. There's other places with games around the city and burbs, but none can really compete IMHO. I doubt we can do anything shooter specific besides meeting at someone's house, but certainly we can do retro.
People keep bringing up "Barcade" but i think it is because of the video games there.
It is more of a Date night place you bring chicks.
Greatest for Double dates.

Barcade's actual beer is terrible.
It is all Craft beer and i cant get past the sour taste of it. American beer sucks in general imo.

Once this Plannedemic and so-called virus blows over (Nov. 5th) lets figure out a place to meet up.
I'm still advocating Brauhaus or Frankford Hall.
Don't know what politics has to do with a shmup meet up, but I see you're a denier. This is very personal to me , but I'll share it here because there's people , not just you that believe all this is a hoax. My mother, father , sister , and step mom all got it. it is very real. Don't be so cocky as to thinking "this is not a big deal". Its not the worst, but its certainly not "just a flu". A lot of people have suffered tremendously and if I can convince 1 person to take it more serious and they can save their loved one , I'd be happy. When I had to see my dad on a respirator it was one of the hardest things Ive had to deal with. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. So please don't be a jerk.
Delta_Tango_Six

Post by Delta_Tango_Six »

When you guys get together for something, I’d be game. I work in Philly and live in DE. Trying to line it up with TooManyGames would be cool. My daughter and I usually go to that event at the expo center. Keep me posted