Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC/Switch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
xxx1993

Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC

Post by xxx1993 »

All I know is that Tatsujin is piloted by none other than Yuki.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I was under the (mistaken?) impression that Schneider from Batsugun was the pilot from Tatsujin.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Now why would you think that? Because of Toaplan?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

xxx1993 wrote:Now why would you think that? Because of Toaplan?
No, because the ship has some similarities to the one from Truxton and he's an old man who woke up from cryogenic sleep.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

That's probably the Flying Shark/Fire Shark guy tbh.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Isn't the Fire Shark pilot a ghost?
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

OmegaFlareX wrote:Isn't the Fire Shark pilot a ghost?
By the end of the game, probably.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

I seem to recall looking at scans of the PCB manual and the "story" section implied, in broken english, that the pilot of the player craft is an apparition.

Wasn't able to find those scans, but the Genesis port's manual says this as well.
mtn360

Post by mtn360 »

OmegaFlareX wrote:I seem to recall looking at scans of the PCB manual and the "story" section implied, in broken english, that the pilot of the player craft is an apparition.

Wasn't able to find those scans, but the Genesis port's manual says this as well.
I have the PCB manual, I can have a look tonight during my stream :) All prepared...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXhDNE ... NtFeloRkUw ... It's going to be 5:00 am eastern time though :P
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

"Special" out in the West on the 30th.
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

BrianC wrote:I was under the (mistaken?) impression that Schneider from Batsugun was the pilot from Tatsujin.
The 'official' Toaplan line is that the story was created after the fact for the home release.
Game Tengoku's Data Mode goes into it in detail, but the pilot was called Tatsuo, or Tom in English.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

When's the actual Tatsujin port? You can tell us, no one reads these forums anyway.
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

OmegaFlareX wrote:When's the actual Tatsujin port? You can tell us, no one reads these forums anyway.
Ha! If I could, I would.
Who knows, M2 have an event in Tokyo tomorrow with an announcement scheduled, so maybe...?
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

Just dropping in to let you know Game Tengoku's English update is out on Steam along with a weekend sale.
The PS4 should be going live sometime in the next 24 hours.
Anybody who already owns it (either platform) will receive it as a patch.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/663130 ... 7826104294
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

I better not miss the memo when the LRG version launches.

What will the price point be for the uber fancy version?
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
plasticxo

Post by plasticxo »

James_Degica wrote:Just dropping in to let you know Game Tengoku's English update is out on Steam along with a weekend sale.
The PS4 should be going live sometime in the next 24 hours.
Anybody who already owns it (either platform) will receive it as a patch.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/663130 ... 7826104294
Good news on the really complete limited edition on PS4. Really happy to see that you've put a lot in it to make it the best version.

But PLEASE, make it pre order based so that people who really want the box have a chance of getting it, without fighting and not at ridiculous after market prices...

I cancelled may Japanese Special Version Gokuraku box preorder in order to get your version instead, so I hope I won't be disappointed by not being able to get it !
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Is the physical Japanese PS4 version of this going to have English options also?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Nice job getting the English version released!
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Does anyone know if I can use my PS3 arcade stick to play this?
KaizaCorp

Post by KaizaCorp »

It's likely you can on PC, but not PS4.
HyperMusic

Post by HyperMusic »

Still no sign of this on the EU PSN Store, strange.
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Anyone buy this? Or is everyone waiting for the Tatsujin stuff to drop first?
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

DietSoap wrote:Anyone buy this? Or is everyone waiting for the Tatsujin stuff to drop first?
Ordered this with my copy of Ketsui

Haven't played it yet but the box art looks identical to the first one only difference is a title
MarioNintendo

Post by MarioNintendo »

I was not aware that this game had been on steam for a year 0_0. I'm slightly confused: the CruisinMix Special version came out 4 days ago, yet the store page says it got released last year. I suppose this was a free DLC/update over the original CruisinMix? What are the differences, exactly?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

MarioNintendo wrote:I was not aware that this game had been on steam for a year 0_0. I'm slightly confused: the CruisinMix Special version came out 4 days ago, yet the store page says it got released last year. I suppose this was a free DLC/update over the original CruisinMix? What are the differences, exactly?
The base game was released for Steam in Japan a year ago, the new version was released internationally.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
STGAlmond

Post by STGAlmond »

MarioNintendo wrote:I was not aware that this game had been on steam for a year 0_0. I'm slightly confused: the CruisinMix Special version came out 4 days ago, yet the store page says it got released last year. I suppose this was a free DLC/update over the original CruisinMix? What are the differences, exactly?
I do not know for certain, but I thought the latest release was simply the international version. I was aware when it came out, but held off until it had the English version.

The game seems to run fine and it is fun, but its not something I was looking forward to. I've played it a few hours and may never pick it up again. I picked it up because it didn't look bad and I wanted to show support for shmups on PC.
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

'Special' was a free update which included the English localisation.
Localisation was always planned (but delayed), Special was something which came up after the games PS4 release in Japan.
We decided that having kept everyone waiting so long, rather than just release the non-Special version, we'd include that and the localisation in the international release.
Steam got it too because, as you know, there are no 'regions' on th eplatform.

Special:
details here: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/10358279 ... 3275490408
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

James_Degica wrote:
'Special' was a free update which included the English localisation.
Localisation was always planned (but delayed), Special was something which came up after the games PS4 release in Japan.
We decided that having kept everyone waiting so long, rather than just release the non-Special version, we'd include that and the localisation in the international release.
Steam got it too because, as you know, there are no 'regions' on th eplatform.

Special:
details here: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/10358279 ... 3275490408
James please bully Cave into releasing more games on steam. Especially the Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi Pork port they made.
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

DietSoap wrote:James please bully Cave into releasing more games on steam. Especially the Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi Pork port they made.
I'd rather discuss in a friendly manner ;) though to be honest, it's not quite as simple as it seems (but what is?!).
Would love to see more of their games on more platforms though.