Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Stevas

Re: Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

Post by Stevas »

Is it possible to change the menu language to English with this?

Also, this sort of shit never gets reduced in the PSN sales, does it.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Put a couple hours into deathtiny arrange in the morning. Seems pretty fun

early impressions on system:
Spoiler
Hyper system = Deathroy
Alternate player ship mode; increased attack power, bullet cancel ability, create scoring items.
Manual activation by pushing Bomb button while gauge is orange (30% gauge).
Automatic activation by being hit while gauge is orange.
90% gauge is enough to activate 3 hypers.

Player is fully invincible during Hyper level 1. Hyper level 1 cancels onscreen bullets.
Activating another hyper after previous hyper ends will begin a hyper of the next level.
Higher level hypers do more damage and give more points. But they do not give the defensive property of lv1.
Dying does not reset the current hyper level.
Hyper continues past normal duration as long as player is constantly collecting orange cubes.

Power & Bomb items greatly refill hyper gauge.
Dying with lives in stock respawns you with full hyper gauge.

Ura route / Max rank mode = DEATH-DIE
Alternate difficulty mode: Enemies start shooting Ura-mode patterns, score multiplier and potential massively increased
Unlocked by activating a level 2 hyper before Stage 1 midboss.
Activate at any point by holding bomb button. Can buffer input by holding bomb before dying/autobomb & enter death-die immediately.
Deactivates on auto-hyper or death.
Lose access to this mode when on final life.

Blue cubes : large hyper refill, increase counter
spawn conditions:
1. Hitting enemy with full lock-on
2. Destroying enemy with full lock-on, including its explosion
3. Speedkilling (?) zako/popcorn

4. Bullet cancel after Hyper lv1 spawns blue cubes

Orange cubes: score value, increase counter(?). small hyper refill. value changes depending on hyper level
spawn conditions (during hyper):
1. Destroying any enemy
2. Bullet in proximity of destroyed enemy
+
Any blue cube spawn condition

spawn conditions (LV1. hyper activation, LV2> deactivation):
1. Bullet in player proximity

orange and blue cubes change into eachother if hyper state changes

Multiplier
Increased by hyper level.
Increased by being in DEATH-DIE mode.
eg. massive increase during hyper lv3 in DEATH-DIE

Does destroying enemies with lock-on still reduce Rate like in base game (now hidden?)
Do orange cubes consume rate or only raise it?
IKD 2007 arrange seems great for a 1-loop mode too. I noticed you need to be in super close proximity to get 5-chips.
Last edited by Zaarock on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Amazon.co.jp shipped my copy and it gets here on Monday. Very excite!

Can anyone confirm that this supports ps3 arcade sticks? I can't imagine that it wouldn't. All three previous Shot Trigger releases have supported legacy controllers.
Glick

Post by Glick »

Does anyone know if you can change the BGM in arcade mode? It seems like the Virt arrange is only available in Custom mode.

e: Figured it out, pressing Square on the mode select screen lets you override.

e#2: This might have the best casual training mode I've seen in a shmup port in a long time. Arcade Challenge mode breaks the game into small chunks, gives you sliding difficulty, and rewinds when you get killed so you can keep retrying the same setup until you figure out how to get past it. It also awards medals as you figure out how to better score in each section, and has a "spartan" mode which seems to disable the rewind for when you're ready to practice without training wheels. Still doesn't beat MAME save states, but it's really damn good.
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

So if I size the screen to what actually looks good, the gadgets are in the way and can't be moved? The fuck is this?
munchiaz

Post by munchiaz »

scrilla4rella wrote:Amazon.co.jp shipped my copy and it gets here on Monday. Very excite!

Can anyone confirm that this supports ps3 arcade sticks? I can't imagine that it wouldn't. All three previous Shot Trigger releases have supported legacy controllers.
My order was cancelled from Amazon.co.jp, and they don't know why yet, and now the special edition is sold out............. :x
zakk

Post by zakk »

It also has save states accessible from the pause menu.

Glick wrote:Does anyone know if you can change the BGM in arcade mode? It seems like the Virt arrange is only available in Custom mode.

e: Figured it out, pressing Square on the mode select screen lets you override.

e#2: This might have the best casual training mode I've seen in a shmup port in a long time. Arcade Challenge mode breaks the game into small chunks, gives you sliding difficulty, and rewinds when you get killed so you can keep retrying the same setup until you figure out how to get past it. It also awards medals as you figure out how to better score in each section, and has a "spartan" mode which seems to disable the rewind for when you're ready to practice without training wheels. Still doesn't beat MAME save states, but it's really damn good.
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Stevas wrote:So if I size the screen to what actually looks good, the gadgets are in the way and can't be moved? The fuck is this?
That doesn't sound good. Can you post a pic?
munchiaz wrote:
scrilla4rella wrote:Amazon.co.jp shipped my copy and it gets here on Monday. Very excite!

My order was cancelled from Amazon.co.jp, and they don't know why yet, and now the special edition is sold out............. :x
Fucking brutal.
Mandarake86

Post by Mandarake86 »

Hello
I have one ketsui beep limited edition signed by Horii and Fuyuno and a cardbord boz only signed by Horii, if anyone is interested. I'm thinking about selling.

Thanks a lot
sgshumpsmania

Post by sgshumpsmania »

Hi Mandrake, I'm interested in both the item. How can I contact you? Cheers!
Mandarake86 wrote:Hello
I have one ketsui beep limited edition signed by Horii and Fuyuno and a cardbord boz only signed by Horii, if anyone is interested. I'm thinking about selling.

Thanks a lot
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

munchiaz wrote:

fuuuuck. Mine almost got cancelled because I had an expired cc# on file, luckily I was able to put in a new one before the release.
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

DietSoap wrote:
Stevas wrote:So if I size the screen to what actually looks good, the gadgets are in the way and can't be moved? The fuck is this?
So apparently this was a (broken) thing in Garegga too, I just never noticed it because some default screen size I used looked fine already. You can't move the gadgets. At all. They auto move to accomodate an auto scale screen size, but not if you want to customise/scale your own screen size. In that case, they just sit there, in the way, overlapping your view.

I mean, how could they miss this.

Dunno how to post a pic at the moment.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

Stevas wrote:
DietSoap wrote:
So apparently this was a (broken) thing in Garegga too, I just never noticed it because some default screen size I used looked fine already. You can't move the gadgets. At all. They auto move to accomodate an auto scale screen size, but not if you want to customise/scale your own screen size. In that case, they just sit there, in the way, overlapping your view.

I mean, how could they miss this.

Dunno how to post a pic at the moment.
Garegga was different as the Gadgets overlapped slightly on the pre-set 'fit' screen option. This was quickly patched out.

The pre-set 'fit' screen option (2nd one where the top of the game screen reaches the top of your TV screen) is the correct aspect ratio for the game on a non-tated TV. The Gadgets are designed to work with this mode. If you want to play the game with a weird stretched display then the Gadgets need to be turned off, same as if you wanted to play the game in tate. Even if the gadgets could be moved they'd end up being partially off-screen depending on how stretched you wanted your game screen to be unless they were each individually programmed to be scaleable which is a lot of effort for the <1% of people who want to play the game with a messed up screen ratio
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

All I know is - and maybe I have a weird telly - the auto fit screen option looks a bit shit no matter what I do with the other options (filter, scan lines). It looks better if I widen the screen size, but then gadgets obscure stuff. There still seems plenty of space either side of the gadgets, so... Let me move them a bit that way?
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Input lag for DeathTiny is 2 frames, just like the 360 version. From what I have seen, that is really solid for a console port, especially on PS4. Nicely done M2!

Lag was tested using a CRT monitor connected via lagless HD Fury cables. A light was wired to the shot button of my ps4 stick and footage was captured at 60 FPS.

Also, in Ketsui, movement and shot have the same startup frames. I discovered this in previous testing on the 360 port.

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Hahaha. Start up frames.

If I didn't already know you came from the FGC I would now.
My lord, I have come for you.
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

I forget this until every time I buy a shmup or fighter on PS4, but man, the dpad on the dualshock is utter shite.

This wouldn't be so bad if, for some reason, the analogue didn't have a deadzone which is seemingly half the fucking travel.

Consequently, I am finally looking into some sort of arcade stick.
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

I'm having a blast playing it.
I don't know the details on the Ketsui scoring mechanics, but it's fun.
A translation of the arcade challenge stuff would be cool.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Does anyone have any pics of the physical edition?
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

I purchased ketsui back when it came out for the ps3. Is there anything new or different in this version to make it worth a double dip?

I love the idea of the training mode, and addition of save states. Is there a review of this port anywhere online?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

mastermx wrote:I purchased ketsui back when it came out for the ps3. Is there anything new or different in this version to make it worth a double dip?
Aside from that fact that it's Ketsui, it is almost completely different from the PS3/360 versions. Multiple different arrange modes, different feature set, more BGM options, etc. It also seems like it runs at the same speed as the PCB, which I think I've heard the previous port didn't.
poptart

Post by poptart »

mastermx wrote:I purchased ketsui back when it came out for the ps3. Is there anything new or different in this version to make it worth a double dip?
it has the unreleased ikeda campaign 1loop version from a 2007 matsuri event (1 bomb, much closer proximity for 5 chip, slightly beefed up later stages and finishes with doom)
Last edited by poptart on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
JBueno MD

Post by JBueno MD »

Been playing Deathtiny mode exclusively, mode´s really fun but I don´t think I quite grasp how scoring and the chips work in this mode.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

I've had four days with it now so here are some unsolicited opinions:

2007 HEY mode is great. Very hard, but fun and balanced too. I love how theres two different extend systems: score based, which is harder to hit now the scoring is so much harder, and the 5>1 chip system, which is an excellent incentive to play like a maniac.

Deathtiny is a bit of a mess. Better than Ketsupachi. Much better than Garrega Premium.

And arcade mode is just as good as I remembered. I love how playing aggressively is not only optimal for score, but for survival. I've been spending a lot of time on Garegga, and have even made it to BH2, but as much as I love it, rank management does feel like deliberately playing the game wrongly. Which is thrilling in a postmodern sort of sense, but just being able to smash stuff in Ketsui is great. Mushi1 Original might be my favourite shooting game, but Ketsui ST4 might be my favourite level from a shooting game. The seemingly impenetrable walls of enemies made straightforward by aggressively meeting them before bluntly herding bullets and dodging through suddenly obvious gaps.

Also the training mode is the best I've ever seen in a shooting game. Although being asked 'are you ready?' 40 times in a row is pretty demoralizing.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

CloudyMusic wrote:
Aside from that fact that it's Ketsui, it is almost completely different from the PS3/360 versions. Multiple different arrange modes, different feature set, more BGM options, etc. It also seems like it runs at the same speed as the PCB, which I think I've heard the previous port didn't.
Now that is an incentive for me. I didn't know the ps3/360 versions didn't match the pcb speed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
CRP

Post by CRP »

schnuth

Post by schnuth »

kid aphex wrote:Does anyone have any pics of the physical edition?
My Amazon version showed up today. DHL must be working Sunday because of the Xmas season.

That BEEP version looks slick!
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

How do you unlock the last few squares for the Bonding mode or whatever it's called? The last few 4 or 5 tiles haven't unlocked yet and I've played through all the modes. I haven't finished all of Arcade Challenge yet though. It says something regarding Arcade but I'm not sure what exactly its asking me to do.

This port is great. I think I prefer it to the Mages/5pb version. IKD mode is absolutely nuts. It definitely accents the risk reward scoring system in this game.
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore
munchiaz

Post by munchiaz »

schnuth wrote:
kid aphex wrote:Does anyone have any pics of the physical edition?
My Amazon version showed up today. DHL must be working Sunday because of the Xmas season.

That BEEP version looks slick!
Is this the limited amazon version or just standard?
schnuth

Post by schnuth »

munchiaz wrote:Is this the limited amazon version or just standard?
AFAIK there was the game only, or the game with the book and instruction sheet. So I guess it’s the limited one?