gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ifightdragons

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by ifightdragons »

nmalinoski wrote:
ifightdragons wrote:I just put in a pre-order for the gscartsw, but I need some help when it comes to audio.

I plan to output sound via PC speakers. Does the new version have RCA inputs and headphone jack output?
And if not, what do you think I need to be able to connect it?

If this helps, here's what my BNC to SCART cable looks like: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/qxMAAOxy ... s-l300.jpg
It's wookieewin's Male SCART to BNC with Audio breakouts.

Any clarification is much appreciated.
You'd just use the RCA leads on your SCART cable. Assuming your PC speakers require a 3.5 TRS plug, you can get either a female stereo RCA to female 3.5mm TRS adapter and a male-to-male 3.5mm TRS cable, or you can get a female stereo RCA to male 3.5mm TRS cable.
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I need. A bit ashamed now for not figuring that out myself.
superg

Post by superg »

Somehow I wasn't getting thread reply email notifications, a lot of new replies.
I ordered some parts from digikey to test the theory about some of the issues I'm still working on, should be here in a few days.
magus90

Post by magus90 »

Hey Guys,

Original GscartSW owner here and also the Lite from maybe 1 or 2 years ago. Love em both.

1- I was just was wondering if someone would be kind enough to give me a quick update on what is added or different about the new units from what ones that i have? Just curious if it is worth me buying another to upgrade at this point? I tried reading back 10 or so pages but i am more confused than ever of what has been changed from the Lite that i have.

2- Do any of the Gscart units use a low pass filter?

Thanks in advance
superg

Post by superg »

magus90 wrote:Hey Guys,

Original GscartSW owner here and also the Lite from maybe 1 or 2 years ago. Love em both.

1- I was just was wondering if someone would be kind enough to give me a quick update on what is added or different about the new units from what ones that i have? Just curious if it is worth me buying another to upgrade at this point? I tried reading back 10 or so pages but i am more confused than ever of what has been changed from the Lite that i have.

Thanks in advance
1. sync on green conversion and pass through mode added
2. low pass filter is used on gscartsw v3.4 or lower, starting from gscartsw_lite and new gscartsw which I am currently working on the filter is unavailable.
parodius

Post by parodius »

Quick question, I thought I pre-ordered a gscartw about 2 months ago but when I checked again earlier this week I could not find any confirmation email. It it supposed to come from gRetroStuff.com ?
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
superg

Post by superg »

parodius wrote:Quick question, I thought I pre-ordered a gscartw about 2 months ago but when I checked again earlier this week I could not find any confirmation email. It it supposed to come from gRetroStuff.com ?
Paypal usually sends an invoice. PM the email you used to pre-order and I will tell you whether I see your order here.
magus90

Post by magus90 »

superg wrote:
magus90 wrote:Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance
1. sync on green conversion and pass through mode added
2. low pass filter is used on gscartsw v3.4 or lower, starting from gscartsw_lite and new gscartsw which I am currently working on the filter is unavailable.
Thanks SuperG

Okay Sync on green isn't too useful for me. What is pass through mode though?

Okay so the Lite doesn't use the filter? But my original 3.4 Gscart with only 1 scart output DOES use it? Just want to be sure i am undestanding correctly.

Thanks a lot man
superg

Post by superg »

magus90 wrote: Okay Sync on green isn't too useful for me. What is pass through mode though?
I meant sync on green pass through, just forward SoG signal without changes, it's useful for OSSC because it has SoG input mode.
magus90 wrote: Okay so the Lite doesn't use the filter? But my original 3.4 Gscart with only 1 scart output DOES use it? Just want to be sure i am undestanding correctly.
Yes, your original v3.4 has the filter and it's enabled by default. If you're concerned about it you can modify the switch and disable it.
magus90

Post by magus90 »

superg wrote:
magus90 wrote: Okay Sync on green isn't too useful for me. What is pass through mode though?
I meant sync on green pass through, just forward SoG signal without changes, it's useful for OSSC because it has SoG input mode.
magus90 wrote: Okay so the Lite doesn't use the filter? But my original 3.4 Gscart with only 1 scart output DOES use it? Just want to be sure i am undestanding correctly.
Yes, your original v3.4 has the filter and it's enabled by default. If you're concerned about it you can modify the switch and disable it.
Ahh okay, awesome, thanks for clearing that up.

Is there anyway to see on the Gscart which version it is? Just curious on which Lite i have.

Edit- NVM it says 1.5 right on the unit.
Michael12345678

Post by Michael12345678 »

Hi there - I wanted to check on the latest status on the scart switches. I placed a preorder about 3 months ago and wanted to see how they were coming. Really looking forward to getting it! Thanks.
superg

Post by superg »

Just wanted to share some update. I'm working on the issue whenever I get a free time. I spent a whole yesterday debugging the issue and at this very moment I'm working on it.
It's the same issue affecting both HD SoG jitter and 1080p image stability. It's very likely that once I figure out what it is, everything will be fixed at once. Without getting too much detail I'm getting a lot of external help with this.
Michael12345678

Hi. I bought through PayPal on 9/11/18. Couldn’t find the PM function here.
Just wanted to check on latest timing. Thanks!
Jman

Post by Jman »

I dont mind the details. This stuff is fascinating :D

Thanks for the update.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

superg wrote:Just wanted to share some update. I'm working on the issue whenever I get a free time. I spent a whole yesterday debugging the issue and at this very moment I'm working on it.
It's the same issue affecting both HD SoG jitter and 1080p image stability. It's very likely that once I figure out what it is, everything will be fixed at once. Without getting too much detail I'm getting a lot of external help with this.
Maybe you should've developed a working prototype BEFORE you took 10s of thousands of dollars in preorders. Just a thought.
superg

Post by superg »

tusecsy wrote: Maybe you should've developed a working prototype BEFORE you took 10s of thousands of dollars in preorders. Just a thought.
FU.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Well, it's not an illegitimate point, though he didn't make it in a pleasant way which makes it easier to dismiss like that.

Perhaps most people who pre-ordered would be happier if given the same choice as those in the small first sub-batch, since I would imagine most of them would rather have their switches in production sooner (as shown by the choice of everyone in that first batch), rather than have production delayed, indefinitely, only for a niche SoG feature with an uncertain debugging timeframe.

But perhaps there's an undisclosed reason why you would want to keep production delayed at this time besides the debugging of that feature.
comp1demon

Post by comp1demon »

Super patient customer here. I'll wait.

I have owned gscartsw and gscartsw lite. Both were amazing.

Sold both of them to buy two of these... I am not gonna complain.. sure it is taking long than it should have, but Glad to know SuperG is making a Killer Product and really giving it his all.

He already offered people Refunds (no questions asked) if you didn't want to wait. So no one should be complaining.
If you can't wait, get a refund. If You want this new device, then just be patient.
Llortus

Post by Llortus »

comp1demon wrote: He already offered people Refunds (no questions asked) if you didn't want to wait. So no one should be complaining.
If you can't wait, get a refund. If You want this new device, then just be patient.
It can't get any simpler than that.
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

Llortus wrote:
comp1demon wrote: He already offered people Refunds (no questions asked) if you didn't want to wait. So no one should be complaining.
Exactly. I have no problem waiting. And I get the sense that we as a community caused this delay by requesting a hypothetical feature be included. It's an unavoidable fact that feature creep slows down development.

If you can't wait. Get a refund and buy a Hydra.
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

DirkSwizzler wrote:Exactly. I have no problem waiting. And I get the sense that we as a community caused this delay by requesting a hypothetical feature be included. It's an unavoidable fact that feature creep slows down development.
Completely agree with the sentiments, but that hypothetical feature (I assume you mean VCR Mode / Automatic Frequency Control (AFC)) is very much worth the delay in my opinion/use case. I'm more than happy to wait if it comes as part of the upcoming gscartsw. Just mentioning it in case anyone is ever weighing up whether it's worth a delay for it or not.
superg

Post by superg »

fernan1234 wrote:Well, it's not an illegitimate point, though he didn't make it in a pleasant way which makes it easier to dismiss like that.

Perhaps most people who pre-ordered would be happier if given the same choice as those in the small first sub-batch, since I would imagine most of them would rather have their switches in production sooner (as shown by the choice of everyone in that first batch), rather than have production delayed, indefinitely, only for a niche SoG feature with an uncertain debugging timeframe.

But perhaps there's an undisclosed reason why you would want to keep production delayed at this time besides the debugging of that feature.
The asshole was one of the loudest people asking for the preorders in the first place. He is the most ungrateful piece of shit I've ever dealt with. I just don't have any patience for it anymore. If you don't know who that troll is, check his other replies here and in other threads, too bad I can't prevent him from replying here. Don't feed the troll, ignore him.

Now back to the point, I had a prototype SoG run before, just a several units, DirkSwizzler and retrorgb had a chance to try it. One problem was brought up (SoG HD detection) to my attention and a change was made for this first sub batch. Now I see another SoG problem, not detection but forwarding and conversion. This is something simple but I haven't found it yet. SoG might be a niche feature for you but it's important for a lot of people, in the pre order details I see a lot of familiar names who are already the owners of older gscartsw's. There is nothing undisclosed, I'm not going to risk and order another sub batch until I figure out everything here. And I can't ship anything until it's ready.
Jman

Post by Jman »

DirkSwizzler wrote:
Llortus wrote:
Exactly. I have no problem waiting. And I get the sense that we as a community caused this delay by requesting a hypothetical feature be included. It's an unavoidable fact that feature creep slows down development.

If you can't wait. Get a refund and buy a Hydra.
It's as simple as that! Glad to wait for the finished product!
slerch666

Post by slerch666 »

If you want a refund, ask for it. Pretty simple.

Does it suck to have the money tied up for so long? Sure. But I'd buy it anyway, so I'm either without the money now or later. Not a huge deal for me to wait until it's as near perfect as superg can get it.

And this is superg's 3rd version of this one and has the gcomp as well... no reason to think he is scamming anyone with this so for me, no worries at all.
Last edited by slerch666 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

I just wanted to say thanks for the updates superg, I'm happy to patiently wait because I know the end product will be well worth it. Keep up the good work.
Leen

Post by Leen »

first time buyer here, and i'd rather wait for the quality of his rather than get any other or get my money back, especially since i've never heard anything bad about his compared to other products
Michael12345678

Absolutely right - this is the highest quality product on the market.
When Ferrari releases a limited edition car and its running late, you think anybody demands their money back? Hell no. They are simply happy they have a ticket.

Looking forward to the end product superg
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

superg wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:Well, it's not an illegitimate point, though he didn't make it in a pleasant way which makes it easier to dismiss like that.

The asshole was one of the loudest people asking for the preorders in the first place. He is the most ungrateful piece of shit I've ever dealt with. I just don't have any patience for it anymore. If you don't know who that troll is, check his other replies here and in other threads, too bad I can't prevent him from replying here. Don't feed the troll, ignore him.

Now back to the point, I had a prototype SoG run before, just a several units, DirkSwizzler and retrorgb had a chance to try it. One problem was brought up (SoG HD detection) to my attention and a change was made for this first sub batch. Now I see another SoG problem, not detection but forwarding and conversion. This is something simple but I haven't found it yet. SoG might be a niche feature for you but it's important for a lot of people, in the pre order details I see a lot of familiar names who are already the owners of older gscartsw's. There is nothing undisclosed, I'm not going to risk and order another sub batch until I figure out everything here. And I can't ship anything until it's ready.
That's fair enough. Sorry, didn't mean to feed a troll. I was trying to sympathize with people who would feel frustrated given that now there doesn't seem to be a clear timeframe for processing the pre-orders.

But like others have said, overall it is good to receive a fully-featured and issue-free device even if it involves reasonable delays. I'm looking forward to my pre-order but can make do in the meantime.
The Zuck

Post by The Zuck »

So will the gcompsw not be in development until 2019? I hope so as I still need more time to save up some money.
cook99

Post by cook99 »

Keep up the good work superg, I have 2 on order to compliment my original gscart, take as long as it takes, the quiet majority are happy to wait for the best product on the market. Vocal morons are just sad and don't represent the rest of us ...
superg

Post by superg »

Finally jitter is fixed, now working on SoG HD stability.