GD: WHY IS THERE NO 1944 THREAD FFFFF

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
esreveR

GD: WHY IS THERE NO 1944 THREAD FFFFF

Post by esreveR »

I kind of find it weird that no one likes 1944 (except me maybe). I mean, I've never played 1942 and 1943, but I know 1941 wasn't really the best 'fight the nazis' experience, and 19XX may have been, what with the whole badass boss theme going on, but it still feels like a complete pain to play for some reason (Also Shinden ftw!). And the graphics weren't too good in my opinion.

I bet the latter reason is the only reason I like 1944, SNAZZY AWESOME GRAPHICS WOO, but I'm a sucker for awesome graphics ;_;

That said, was anyone not lazy enough (Unlike me) to write down any of the scoring secrets this game has to offer? I'm pretty sure it's mostly "Shoot this with charge shot and it'll turn into something awesome" and it would be fairly easy to code infinite charge cheats and play a mock run using them, but that's a lame way to find secrets. Seriously.

Thanks in advance.
WARNING: TARGET APPROACHING!!
BER

Re: GD: WHY IS THERE NO 1944 THREAD FFFFF

Post by BER »

esreveR wrote:That said, was anyone not lazy enough (Unlike me) to write down any of the scoring secrets this game has to offer? I'm pretty sure it's mostly "Shoot this with charge shot and it'll turn into something awesome" and it would be fairly easy to code infinite charge cheats and play a mock run using them, but that's a lame way to find secrets. Seriously.
I don't know whether I wrote down any secrets in particular, but I did write stuff about my progress through 1944:

http://www.free-conversant.com/gaming_j ... rtKey=Date
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
fran

Post by fran »

well,that link clearly doesn't work anymore after 8 years :?

this is the only thread on here and all i can find on nico is the soundtrack
is this game really so unpopular or simply shallow / not so interesting ? i kinda like it to be honest

so,yes,let's talk about 1944
i am assuming that the basic idea is to keep re-charging the charge shot bar without actually using it (let's say you keep it between 85-95%) so that you can immediately use it in specific areas or moments
by destroying buildings while in "charge mode" you get those cool capcom strawberries instead of gems ?
anything else ? secret 1ups or so ?

edit /
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCGVNAjgow

so gems > strawberries after all
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Here's the best replay for the game that I know of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpudAMgh8E

I don't know too much about specifics, but there are some secrets in the game. For example, in stage 3 there's a bridge that a tank crosses (about 6 minutes into the replay I posted above) - destroy the tank as it's crossing it and you'll get a nice bonus item (might give life replenishment instead if you've taken damage, I don't remember).
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube