Question regarding BVM20F1E and Y/C + terminators?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
emuola

Question regarding BVM20F1E and Y/C + terminators?

Post by emuola »

Running a recapped "low-miler" BVM20F1E with BKM-25P (composite/YC etc with pal). I have succesfully connected e.g. C64 (Y/C) to the monitor *without* any terminators in the corresponding loop throughs. I recently checked the manual of the BKM-25P again and it stated that if I'm not using the loopthrougs I should use terminators in them. So, I then put terminators (75Ohm) in both Y and C loopthroughs and I only got luma working (black and white image). Image is fine without the terminators.

So, why is this happening, if the official manual tells to use termination? Just curious.
Fudoh

Re: Question regarding BVM20F1E and Y/C + terminators?

Post by Fudoh »

possibly the C64's output signal isn't 100% to spec when it comes to signal termination. Worst thing to happen, if you're running your monitor without output termination, is that you might experience ghosting with VERY LONG cables runs and brightness might be slightly off - - - in other words: don't worry about it.
emuola

Re: Question regarding BVM20F1E and Y/C + terminators?

Post by emuola »

Fudoh wrote:possibly the C64's output signal isn't 100% to spec when it comes to signal termination. Worst thing to happen, if you're running your monitor without output termination, is that you might experience ghosting with VERY LONG cables runs and brightness might be slightly off - - - in other words: don't worry about it.
Thanks Fudof :) Now I can relax :)