Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Jail bars

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
FBX

Re: Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Jail bars

Post by FBX »

Visker wrote:I am planning to do the lift pin 50 mod. Though i have some questions first.
I have the RGB scart cable from retrogaming.co.uk which uses the standard composite sync.
If I lift pin 50 will only the video signal be removed from that line and the sync signal still be added later on?
A french site had some reservations when using a 32X doing that mod, I wondered what your experiences was with that.
Thanks!
The sync signal is carried in the luma part of the composite video line, so removing the chroma won't hurt it at all. It effectively becomes "sync on luma" instead of "sync on composhit video".

Also it won't affect the 32X either, so long as you intend to keep using RGB as the output signal. Here's an OSSC optimal timing image of my own 32X on a pin-50 lifted M1 VA3:

-FBX
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

FBX wrote:
Visker wrote:I am planning to do the lift pin 50 mod. Though i have some questions first.
I have the RGB scart cable from retrogaming.co.uk which uses the standard composite sync.
If I lift pin 50 will only the video signal be removed from that line and the sync signal still be added later on?
A french site had some reservations when using a 32X doing that mod, I wondered what your experiences was with that.
Thanks!
The sync signal is carried in the luma part of the composite video line, so removing the chroma won't hurt it at all. It effectively becomes "sync on luma" instead of "sync on composhit video".

Also it won't affect the 32X either, so long as you intend to keep using RGB as the output signal. Here's an OSSC optimal timing image of my own 32X on a pin-50 lifted M1 VA3:

-FBX
Looks absolutely spectacular!!! :D
Davidevil8205

Post by Davidevil8205 »

hello everyone i have a japanese megadrive model 1, unfortunately on the back of the pcb there is no print and i can't find the c28 to remove it, can someone give me some lead to follow?