Extron 203 Rxi Problem

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
amontre

Extron 203 Rxi Problem

Post by amontre »

I'm having problem with my Extron 203Rxi. There's no visual on screen but I can see that signal are there (480/60p) shown on my BVM-D20 instead of No Sync. On Rxi itself the signal are there (H/V) shown on its panel.

I'm using Rxi for its SERR function for my Dreamcast. Is there a way to troubleshoot the Rxi ?

It's not the DC and Toro issue since it work perfectly when I connect them directly to my VGA monitor. I tried 2 different RGBS cable for the output.

Image Image Image

Any ideas ?
Fudoh

Re: Extron 203 Rxi Problem

Post by Fudoh »

why do you disable the Extron processing when using it with a DC ? (DDSP switch enabled)

I would try RGsB instead. Three instead of four cables and you get a picture even with the BVM misconfigured to YUV. You just need to set the BVM to internal sync.
amontre

Post by amontre »

Fudoh wrote:why do you disable the Extron processing when using it with a DC ? (DDSP switch enabled)

I would try RGsB instead. Three instead of four cables and you get a picture even with the BVM misconfigured to YUV. You just need to set the BVM to internal sync.
For RGsB, will it work with gscartsw ?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I think you get SoG and seperate sync at the same time, so you can still use the combined sync to trigger the switch's port selection while using SoG for actual sync on the monitor.
amontre

Post by amontre »

Fudoh wrote:
I think you get SoG and seperate sync at the same time, so you can still use the combined sync to trigger the switch's port selection while using SoG for actual sync on the monitor.
Tried RGsB, toggled the SOG dipswitch, switched sync to int, no sync at all. Compared to RGBs which i can see the 480/60p on screen.

I remember the only changes i did prior to this problem is changing the arrangement by putting 203 between gscartsw and BVM. So it was DC > Toro > gscartsw > (friend made scart to vga cable) 203 rxi > bvm.
energizerfellow‌

Post by energizerfellow‌ »

Try turning off DDSP.