It's coming / DarkSoft Multi AES

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
fafangus

It's coming / DarkSoft Multi AES

Post by fafangus »

Hi fellas

In testing phase ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s4CTpx_aSw

Last edited by fafangus on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evil_ash_xero

Re: It's coming

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Whew...you had me worried for a second.

As for the vid....umm....that's time I could have spent staring at the ceiling or something more useful.

The Queen music isn't going to make it "OK". :x
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

We are testing it on the different revisions/versions of aes/unibios, jack 3.5 are for now a mystery... 8)
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

leonk

Re: It's coming / DarkSoft Multi AES

Post by leonk »

what is the purpose of the 2 holes next to the SD slot??
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

Presumably one is for the network cable that allowed you to link up Riding Hero, etc. Not sure what the other hole is for. But you can bet we'll get some shitty hyped up Highlander promo to not tell us.
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

SavagePencil wrote:Presumably one is for the network cable that allowed you to link up Riding Hero, etc. Not sure what the other hole is for. But you can bet we'll get some shitty hyped up Highlander promo to not tell us.
You don't like....Queen ?
juji82

Post by juji82 »

45 seconds everytime you want to load 3 games?
:roll:
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

juji82 wrote:45 seconds everytime you want to load 3 games?
:roll:
HI man, lol, for 1 games max 20sec
After it depends on what you load, I choose 3 big games to see how much time it takes
donluca

Post by donluca »

Hopefully he fixed the mess that was the MVS multicart before releasing the AES...
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

fafangus wrote:
SavagePencil wrote:Presumably one is for the network cable that allowed you to link up Riding Hero, etc. Not sure what the other hole is for. But you can bet we'll get some shitty hyped up Highlander promo to not tell us.
You don't like....Queen ?
Love Queen! Would rather be listening to them while you lay out some facts about the new cart instead of watching a hype trailer :)
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

You should watch Queen - Live at the Rainbow. It's dope.
Gunstar

Post by Gunstar »

donluca wrote:Hopefully he fixed the mess that was the MVS multicart before releasing the AES...
Any more info on what is or was wrong with Darksoft MVS multi? I was planning to get this AES cart.
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

More menu / games loading tests :

https://youtu.be/NZVieODM5TE
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

donluca wrote:Hopefully he fixed the mess that was the MVS multicart before releasing the AES...
There is a lot of bad blood between both sides so it’s important to read between the lines here. “The mess,” as witnessed in the BeAsT fiasco with the MVS version, was mostly fixed before releasing the MVS multi.

Last I checked, the minor issues after release were very reminiscent of the problems Neo SD MVS had at launch... which everyone conveniently seemed to forget about when criticizing DarkSoft and co. History was re-written as “Neo SD was perfect at-launch and DarkSoft Neo multi MVS was a mess.” when almost the opposite was true. Thankfully, Neo SD’s problems were mostly fixed in FW after they shipped final hardware, but their refusal to get input and revise hardware before launch caused a huge fiasco for their Super SD System 3. It’s on-going since they refuse to revise the hardware again to fix remaining issues.
donluca

Post by donluca »

I'm not really taking sides and, most importantly, I've stopped wasting my time arguing on the internet 10 years ago, when I realized that no matter what, even when you slam evidence in the face of people, they'll still find ways around it.

All I'll say (which is really applicable to any thing you might want to buy) is: before putting your cash into either products, make sure you do some research first and know what you're getting into.
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

Gameplay video & unibios test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0YWejrd5Ws
Pete2014

Post by Pete2014 »

fafangus wrote:Gameplay video & unibios test
Why does the YouTube title say "The first multi slot AES cart"? Another company has already shown a multi slot AES cart on YouTube. What makes this the first?
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Good to see this is becoming a thing! Videos are a bit cringeworthy though especially the first one with basically only nonsense in it.
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

Pete2014 wrote:
fafangus wrote:Gameplay video & unibios test
Why does the YouTube title say "The first multi slot AES cart"? Another company has already shown a multi slot AES cart on YouTube. What makes this the first?
Maybe it’s simulating an MVS multi-slot somehow? Does the MVS version switch between multiple virtualized slots when you change games the same way you would by populating the physical slots? Not sure why that would matter for an AES.
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

Syntax

Post by Syntax »

They're comparing their new model to neos old model right?
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Too bad you feel the need to resort to compare this to neosd instead of judging it on its own merits. Very disappointing.
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

spmbx wrote:Too bad you feel the need to resort to compare this to neosd instead of judging it on its own merits. Very disappointing.
What do you you want me to compare to ? An amiga 500 ?
This is the last menu/fw of the MVS/AES of darksoft - who is available at the same time that the NeoSD
The fact is the test is based on the AES version, but it's the same for the MVS one - who's available at least since 1 year
So I don't understand some commentary, if you don't like it, tell why, and don't just act like fools
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

fafangus wrote:
spmbx wrote:Too bad you feel the need to resort to compare this to neosd instead of judging it on its own merits. Very disappointing.
This is the last menu/fw of the MVS/AES of darksoft - who is available at the same time that the NeoSD
The fact is the test is based on the AES version, but it's the same for the MVS one - who's available at least since 1 year
So I don't understand some commentary, if you don't like it, tell why, and don't just act like fools
Maybe you could just review the product and explain/demonstrate the features?

edit: I have no idea what is supposed to be new, exciting or impressive in the video. It is just somebody going through menus and loading games.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

What I'm getting at is the video compares the new DS kit against the old TO kit.

It's well known both companies have been developing their own cart at the same time and release dates should be close also.

The specs for the new TO product are readily available to make a proper comparison video rather than a biased one.
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

Syntax wrote:What I'm getting at is the video compares the new DS kit against the old TO kit.

It's well known both companies have been developing their own cart at the same time and release dates should be close also.

The specs for the new TO product are readily available to make a proper comparison video rather than a biased one.
Sorry but you're wrong
The DS AES kit is the same that the MVS, that's out like 1 year like the first NeoSD

Sorry but I don't have the new NeoSD pro to compare, so to be honest the DS MVS and the TO NeoSD where out like 1 years too, it's just a comparison; don't know why you're getting upset here ?
And people don't worry about what is the one that's coming out, or others thing like these, it's just a detail

I hope / I want the NeoSD pro to be a good product too, many good choices are only for the better/good of the gamers
And the two carts could cohabit, there's enough spaces for each of them
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

fafangus wrote:
You know perfectly well what i mean, i have 0 interest in your petty little lameass nerdwars. Just present the cart and its features and the people interested in it will be perfectly capable of making their own choice of which one to get without biased shit from either side.
Aquamentus

Post by Aquamentus »

So do we have a release date and Price?
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

spmbx wrote:
fafangus wrote:
You know perfectly well what i mean, i have 0 interest in your petty little lameass nerdwars. Just present the cart and its features and the people interested in it will be perfectly capable of making their own choice of which one to get without biased shit from either side.
The first response was ironic (in case you don't understand it )
You are ridiculous, and nonsenses, you enthroned the subject like a sly one, anyway get your ideas and go die with their, I pity the fool... People like you needs to be more aware of what's going on, there is no good or bad choice, just choices, and that's good for everybody, don't be confined to only one choice
Aquamentus wrote:So do we have a release date and Price?
I think it's gonna be ready in the beggining of the year, I think it's gonna cost near 400/450€