RQ: Danmaku Unlimited 3 Spirit Mode general hints and tips

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
wasilewski

RQ: Danmaku Unlimited 3 Spirit Mode general hints and tips

Post by wasilewski »

Ever since I got Danmaku Unlimited 3 for Switch I have been playing it a lot but can't seem to progress my score.

A few weeks ago I scored 206 million and now I can't even come close to that. I got lucky and managed to graze over 3000 bullets in one chain, but haven't been able to get close to that again - I play on medium difficulty.

I come looking for some hint and tips to help me get a consistent score over 50 million each session. Apart from my 206 million, I"m averaging about 40 - 50 million in one CC and am reaching stage 4 before I need to continue.

I know the main tactic to getting a high score is chaining together lots of grazes but is there a trick to it? Is there a factor which makes the graze meter deplete faster?

Any advice is appreciated.
el_rika

Re: RQ: Danmaku Unlimited 3 Spirit Mode general hints and t

Post by el_rika »

Start every level on the lower left of the screen (lowest left) and wait for the bullets to swarm towards you. If you slightly and precisely tap right - right - right, barely missing the bullets...you will enter graze in a matter of seconds ( about 10 - 15 ). Except for a few spots in each level, and of course bosses, this is a general tactic even on Graze - True mode.
wasilewski

Post by wasilewski »

el_rika wrote:Start every level on the lower left of the screen (lowest left) and wait for the bullets to swarm towards you. If you slightly and precisely tap right - right - right, barely missing the bullets...you will enter graze in a matter of seconds ( about 10 - 15 ). Except for a few spots in each level, and of course bosses, this is a general tactic even on Graze - True mode.
Many thanks for the tip! Much appreciated.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

wasilewski wrote:
el_rika wrote:Start every level on the lower left of the screen (lowest left) and wait for the bullets to swarm towards you. If you slightly and precisely tap right - right - right, barely missing the bullets...you will enter graze in a matter of seconds ( about 10 - 15 ). Except for a few spots in each level, and of course bosses, this is a general tactic even on Graze - True mode.
Many thanks for the tip! Much appreciated.
For iOS and Android version, moving your ship slowly to the right.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.