Silkworm [Arcade/Various]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Silkworm [Arcade/Various]

Post by Despatche »

Arcade version: 3 lives, extends at 50000/200000/500000, difficulty 0.

Other versions are allowed, of course; just submit something and they'll get their own boards. This game has milking, so I demand counterstops.

Code: Select all

VERSION - VEHICLE
NAME - SCORE - ROUND - AUTOFIRE - DETAILS
The "DETAILS" section should be used to note what you used to play the game; if it was a particular console or emulator (and its build/version number), or if it was a specific release/version of the game (unless there are known regional differences, in which case those versions may have their own boards).

With the arcade Silkworm, for example, you should note whether you used the "World" or the "Japan" version; in MAME versions prior to 0.143u4, these were just called "Set 1" and "Set 2" respectively.

=Heli side=
=Jeep side=
1.  Perikles     - 3,179,200 - R-12 - Yes - MAME Plus 0.168 (World)
2.  emphatic     - 2,409,600 - R-12 - Yes - PCB (set 1)
3.  ShadowWraith - 1,159,800 - R-09 - Yes - ShmupMAME v3.0b (set 1)
Amiga version

=Heli side=
1.  ShadowWraith - 1,357,900 - ?-?? - Yes - Europe release+Amiga

=Jeep side=
Family Computer version "wtf just because the console was originally the famicom doesn't make every nes game a famicom game" "uh yes it does"

=Heli side=
=Jeep side=
Last edited by Despatche on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
ShadowWraith

Re: Silkworm [Arcade/Famicom]

Post by ShadowWraith »

Arcade, Jeep

ShadowWraith - 1,159,800 - 09 - YEP - ShmupMAME 3.0b, Set 1

emphatic

Re: Silkworm [Arcade/Famicom]

Post by emphatic »

Awesome, time to rotate my screen and dig out the PCB I think. :)
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
ShadowWraith

Re: Silkworm [Arcade/Various]

Post by ShadowWraith »

Amiga version waaaay different from Arcade.

Final boss appears to be infinitely milkable. Game loops, didn't bother trying with the second one though.

Amiga, Heli

ShadowWraith - 1,357,900 - ALL - Yes - PAL

No-miss. Autofire is really dangerous though as it overloads the sprite buffer and makes the enemy missiles flicker. No screenshot as it was on the computer and I don't have a camera.

You get a bonus based on how long you took for each level. Longer = bigger bonus. Can't milk the stage bosses as they time out. Final one either doesn't or takes longer than I took to kill it, and I was milking like a bastard. The free invincibility powerups you get can be chained.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

ARCADE - JEEP
emphatic - 2,359,300 - A-11 - yes - PCB (World)

Oh, never try to milk the bosses more than 20 seconds in the arcade version, they go insane and it's game over.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
ShadowWraith

Post by ShadowWraith »

You can permanently milk the tank boss as the Heli. ._.

Autofire, stand in front of it, hold fire, move slightly whenever you hear it fire a piercing missile, move over it once it reaches the edge of the screen, wait for it to come back, repeat. Shame really.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

You can? :( That sounds really boring though and as the boss can't be killed as it enters "I'm gonna kill you dead"-mode, you can't ever get past that stage. I wonder what the high score board would show...
ShadowWraith

Post by ShadowWraith »

You can kill it if you pointblank it as it re-enters the screen. I had a credit that had 15 minutes at the end of wave 02 before I said screw it. It was boring. <_<
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

: (

how many stages are there in this game
ShadowWraith

Post by ShadowWraith »

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

ARCADE - JEEP
emphatic - 2,409,600 - A-12 - yes - PCB (World)

Two quick credits after work. The first one was a bit better, but I messed up the name input due to the autofire.
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Arcade, Jeep

Perikles - 3,179,200 - R-12 - Yes - MAME Plus 0.168 (World)

Video

Pretty sure that's R-(stage number), not A-(stage number). I would've submitted my Famicom score as well, you unfortunately don't see it after taking out the final boss, however, you need to get a picture at the result screen of the penultimate stage, and fast.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Oooooops. That makes way more sense. Well, now I have no idea what to do with ShadowWraith's Amiga score...