RQ: Daifukkatsu Stage 5 Boss Timer

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Horst Pommel

RQ: Daifukkatsu Stage 5 Boss Timer

Post by Horst Pommel »

I've watched the superplay from SWY (DFK 1.5, Power Style, C-Type) and he is milking the stage 5 boss during its last phase for about 10 minutes. (second loop)

So I've tried to improve my dodging skills by practising the same thing during first loop, but every phase only lasts for about five minutes. After that it times out. How does SWY stretch the time up to 10 minutes? Is it because of the fact that he speedkills the first two phases of the boss or do phases last longer during the second loop?

By the way, hi everyone. :D

Edit: The more I think about it... does slowdown affect the boss timer?
Goompaolo9500

Re: RQ: Daifukkatsu Stage 5 Boss Timer

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

SWY is so good. What do you expect? Every CAVE Shmup has a boss timeout in every stage.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
trap15

Re: RQ: Daifukkatsu Stage 5 Boss Timer

Post by trap15 »

Slowdown slows the entire game including timers. Chances are it's a full-boss timer, so the speedkills on early forms will let you sit in the later phases longer. That would be my most likely thought.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.