I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BIL

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by BIL »

MJR wrote:I was FINALLY able to beat the last special stage in Raiden DX in Charlie (advanced) mission. Took me only 18 years.
The big stumble had always been that Stage 9 had check points - if you died, it threw you back. And I just COULD NOT beat that last tank.
After many years practicing scores in earlier missions on PSX version, I found out that you can speed kill that tank by flying over it - but then the requirements to get to special stages were much more severe in the playstation than in the US PCB board. I eventually bought the US PCB board, and to my surprise, I was able to credit feed myself quite well to the end, and was able to beat the tank in no time!

So there it is, my most elusive shmup goal of ALL TIME - loop all stages in Raiden DX - complete.

Helluva grudge match, good info on PS vs AC differences, and also... that is one beautiful photograph! Ascension! :o
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Took a fucking 3 years to clear this goddamn game, I DID IT BIRU-SAMA owo
BIL

Post by BIL »

Congrats! Image I still remember how it felt pulling through to the end. Quite the soulful space submarine voyage. :mrgreen:
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

copy-paster wrote:Image

Took a f****ing 3 years to clear this goddamn game, I DID IT BIRU-SAMA owo
Congratulations on that Metal Black Clear!
In my case, Battle Traverse Normal ALL CLEAR.
Last edited by Goompaolo9500 on Thu May 30, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Got the Lunatic 1CC in Touhou 2: SoEW today. Despite the suicide bullets taking some getting used to, it was really a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to tackling the more "traditional" LLS/MS next.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Not really the right thread for it, but I can just say that M.Knight is one of the best members here? Thank you.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Haha, thanks man!
Posting all those scores was a bit long, but worth it in the end, I suppose. :mrgreen:
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
BIL

Post by BIL »

I got the Metal Black notification and couldn't figure out where the thread actually was at first. :lol:
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Hahaha, the last post in that thread wasn't that long ago, was it? :lol:
This one I am playing again at the moment actually, because as you can see on the screenshot I do have a clear but with a lower score, all because of Bonus Stage 2 shenanigans. So you may get another one of those notifications soon, hopefully! :mrgreen:
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

After 13 months of practicing Crimzon Clover, I finally beat Original Mode!
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Varth, 1-LC. Only 26 years in the making.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

I beat Hibachi in Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Arrange A mode no miss with a staggering high score :1474 billions.
(I skipped Taisabachi and start with 0 hits count, 0 chain score)
This is done in Steam version
https://scontent.fsgn4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5BF4BAE6
https://scontent.fsgn4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5C2FA1D9
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Cleared R-Type Delta a few times this week, and am currently working on pushing my score beyond its current plateau at about 725,000. The funny thing about Delta is that he hardest section of the game, for me, isn't any of the well-known chokepoints (the st4 block maze, 5's floating pipes or 6's sausage o' doom), but a few seconds just before the Dobkeratops fight in which all you have to deal with are two streams of popcorn enemies performing a basic pincer attack. Their bullets are the only things still tagging me at this point... :P
PurpBullets

Post by PurpBullets »

ピストル大名の冒険 no miss 1Cc

took me around 10 years to get to where I could reliably clear this.
practice makes perfect. :lol:
this was the 5th or 6th clear I had done before recording .inp/.avi was successful without desync.
so at least I was able to record the run. 1 of those runs was a better score. but the inp desyncing invalidated that.

played on groovymame, although I was unhappy with the results but did not have a better alternative.
the game ran at 100.02%, and there is a weird audio pitch problem that happens intermittently.
also the credits displays the character sprite incorrectly where he is off the bottom of screen. not sure why that happened.

anyway, love you guys, hope you have been well.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

The above is a fairly important video. Thank you, and congratulations.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Got a 1CC of Metal Slug!

Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

DaringSpino34 wrote:I beat Hibachi in Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Arrange A mode no miss with a staggering high score :1474 billions.
Amazing! Because what do you expect, the hyper is too OP(if Hyper is beyond LV1) for the TLB to handle.

Farewell.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

copy-paster wrote:Image

Took a fucking 3 years to clear this goddamn game, I DID IT BIRU-SAMA owo
Nice job man, yeah that last boss fucking butt clencher.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Goompaolo9500 wrote:
DaringSpino34 wrote:I beat Hibachi in Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Arrange A mode no miss with a staggering high score :1474 billions.
Amazing! Because what do you expect, the hyper is too OP(if Hyper is beyond LV1) for the TLB to handle.
Yup, Hyper in Arrange A is more broken than the "Ultimate Fighting Machine", but what really makes me happy about this is that:
_Steam version of Dodonpachi Resurrection in Arrange A has nearly no slowdowns (yes, all attacks by Hibachi don't slow down at all)
_I never see anyone get such a high score and no-miss the boss
Also I managed to break my record again, but this time with 100000 hit headstart (you can get them if you have 5 hypers at the Taisabachi fight,
although it's not a no-miss though)
Total score:2506343787368 (roughly 2500 billions :)) )
https://scontent.fsgn3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5BF2A971
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I finally cleared all the missions in Dariusburst CS!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

After years of working on it on and off, I discovered a few new tricks and improved on a couple of different patterns, and managed to finally clear Giga Wing without using reflect at all!

The biggest change was perfecting the black ship TLB's second phase until I could time it out (takes about 2 and a half minutes of madness). If I go for a damage kill I need at least 1 L 2 B to kill the last phase reflectless, but having a timeout strategy meant even runs where I screw up in stage 5 can be salvaged and a clear can be attempted. Holy crap that pattern is nasty though, it's a visual nightmare to learn and keep track of.

Video is compressing, to be uploaded to YT.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:After years of working on it on and off, I discovered a few new tricks and improved on a couple of different patterns, and managed to finally clear Giga Wing without using reflect at all!

The biggest change was perfecting the black ship TLB's second phase until I could time it out (takes about 2 and a half minutes of madness). If I go for a damage kill I need at least 1 L 2 B to kill the last phase reflectless, but having a timeout strategy meant even runs where I screw up in stage 5 can be salvaged and a clear can be attempted. Holy crap that pattern is nasty though, it's a visual nightmare to learn and keep track of.

Video is compressing, to be uploaded to YT.
Nice! Congrats on that!
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Reflectless Giga Wing 1cc is here: https://youtu.be/6cfTre4bfZA
Nice! Congrats on that!
Thanks. It was a pretty major clear I had been working on for some time now. That strat on the very last attack you see was actually something new I'd worked out after hours of credit feed practice the night before. It was the first run I had that made it that far and was my first real attempt at it in a real run, a bit nail-biting to say the least.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Reflectless Giga Wing 1cc is here: https://youtu.be/6cfTre4bfZA
Nice! Congrats on that!
Thanks. It was a pretty major clear I had been working on for some time now. That strat on the very last attack you see was actually something new I'd worked out after hours of credit feed practice the night before. It was the first run I had that made it that far and was my first real attempt at it in a real run, a bit nail-biting to say the least.
What? Are you crazy? Well done.

Farewell.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Holy shit Roo! You did it:D

Can't wait to watch the replay - I wonder if the devs even thought this was possible?
My lord, I have come for you.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I am not sure if it was designed with ensuring a reflectless clear was possible, but it was definitely made to be fair in that nearly everything is dodgeable, so even during a recharge you can avoid stuff without having to fall back on a bomb. There are only a couple parts that are truly impossible to dodge without reflecting or bombing, namely a bit at the end of ST5 after the midboss where you get overwhelmed with enemies, and the ST5 boss's second phase (hence the timeout, it dies without shifting phases that way).

The TLB also has a couple outrageously hard to dodge attacks too, but that are totally reasonable to manage with reflect when prepared for it (and it has very little health.when you are actually reflecting its attacks).

And yes, yes I guess I am a bit crazy. X_x
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Finally managed to clear Viewpoint in a single credit. Decided to give the game a shot last night and made a stupid mistake at the beginning of stage 2 losing a life... at which point I figured that the run was over. Instead of resetting I just figured it'd make for a decent practice run so I just kept at it... and then managed to make it up to the stage 6 boss without another death. I then died four times to the final boss (mostly on form 2) before managing to take the damn thing down on my last life (I was on pins and needles the entire final battle). Maybe I can No Miss this game, but that's going to take a lot of refinement.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Nice! Those isometric shmups like Viewpoint and Zaxxon can be really tough to get used to playing.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I finally beat Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury. It was NOT an easy task. But of course, I’m not gonna bother doing the bonus modes because the Fury Mode already put me through so much hell.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I completely forgot to post here regarding my Steel Empire clears, but I have cleared the Sega Genesis version several times on Normal.

Here's my first clear, using what was outlined as the optimal craft selection for each stage, which is the plane on all but 3 & 5:

Here's my all-dirigible clear:

Here's my all-plane clear, which was my highest score on Normal:

And my sub-optimal craft selection clear, i.e. dirigible on all but 3 & 5:

I need to go back now, and try to get a clear on Hard difficulty. I also cleared the game last night on the Steam version, again, using optimal craft selection, and got the 1CC on my first try:

I'm going to try and do the same things for the Steam version, in terms of all-plane, all-dirigible, sub-optimal selection, etc. and then try on a higher difficulty. The Steam version is significantly easier than the original, so I'm hoping to get those clears quickly, and then move on to a higher difficulty.