ring^-27

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

ring^-27

Post by Despatche »

Current version is 1.1a. This game has way too many modes and secrets, so everything will be added on request.
----------
Post scores in this format:

Code: Select all

MODE - DIFFICULTY
NAME - SCORE - STAGE - WEAPON - VERSION

1. Shepardus     -   112,588,860 -  6  - Normal    [v1.1a]
 2. CSF           -   110,481,770 -  6  - Normal
 3. astroid       -     6.080.580 -  3  - Normal          
Bomb
Easy

1. Shepardus     -   244,088,770 - ALL - Normal    [v1.1a]
Normal

1. Shepardus     -   256,913,450 -  5  - Normal    [v1.1a]
 2. Kasbe         -   136,370,850 - ALL - ?
 3. LtC           -   109,372,740 -  5  - LongLaser
 4. Iori Branford -    52,804,520 -  3  - Wide      [v1.1]
Extra

1. Shepardus     -   217,185,690 -  5  - Mirror    [v1.1a]
Circle
Easy

1. Shepardus     -   179,008,490 -  6  - Normal    [v1.1a]
Extra

1. Shepardus     -   562,660,980 - ALL - Mirror    [v1.1a]
Fixed
Easy

1. Shepardus     -   158,295,420 -  6  - Normal    [v1.1a]
Piercing
Easy

1. Shepardus     -    95,374,810 -  5  - Normal    [v1.1a]
Last edited by Despatche on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
tinotormed

Re: ring^-27 [PC]

Post by tinotormed »

Bomb - Normal
tinotormed - 172,302,610 - ALL - ?

Old score back from March 16. There were a few mistakes such as dying in such places, including final boss.

There are 3 stages by the way, as the game is released as v0.5.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
astroid

Post by astroid »

Anchor Easy
astroid - 6.080.580 - Stage 3

LOL, am working on it...too difficult now :oops:
Last edited by astroid on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

astroid wrote:Anchor Easy
astroid - 3.288.020 - 2 BOSS

LOL, am working on it...
Try to play as Bomb. Although the rank increase from it is too risky, you can score more points out of it.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Kasbe

Post by Kasbe »

Bomb - Normal
Kasbe - 136,370,850 - ALL

First clear, by the way. Made some stupid mistakes on the last boss.
LtC

Post by LtC »

1.0 version:
Bomb - Normal - LongLaser
LtC - 109,372,740 - 5

Game is crazy as hell. I had the rank go up to 75 by stage 3. Full version has 6 stages total it seems. There also seems to be a ton of secrets similar to the portals in PatriotDark but I just can't figure how do you actually trigger them.

If I remember this correct the stage 3 boss is now the boss of stage 5 and stage 3 boss is a huge ship.
Iori Branford

Post by Iori Branford »

Bomb - Normal
Iori Branford - 46,226,270 - 3 - Default - PC v1.1

Video
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Huh, I played this for a while years ago, but I never realized there was an Extra2 difficulty or a boss rush mode. I assume Extra2 is unlocked the same way as the other difficulties and I just never bothered doing so because I didn't realize there was another difficulty to unlock, but how do you get boss rush mode?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Sure wish I knew. There's probably even more in the game.
Iori Branford

Post by Iori Branford »

Bomb - Normal
Iori Branford - 52,804,520 - 3 - Wide - PC v1.1

Video
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Boss Rush is available through practice mode by choosing "Boss" as the stage. Not sure if you have to unlock it first. Not sure if it's accessible from anywhere else other than the practice menu, but I did get the achievement for clearing boss rush mode so maybe that's just how you access it.

I don't see any "Extra2" listed in the achievements, but I do see an "Another" mode which is also accessible through the practice menu. It's a strange mode in which your ship rotates to face the direction you're moving. Holding rapid shot (C) locks your direction.

Judging by the achievements screen there's more modes beyond Anchor, Bomb, Circle, Device, and Fixed - there's achievements for "Piercing," "Shift," "Homing," "Tail," and one I can't read clearly but is probably "Loading." No idea how to get those though.

There's also a TLB but I'm not sure how it's triggered. Probably something along the lines of getting all the secret rings and penguins.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I challenge anyone to find a game more ludicrous than this. Scores from this weekend:

Bomb - Extra
Shepardus - 217,185,690 - 5 - Mirror - v1.1

(I also have a 141,310,790 score ending in stage 3 with the normal weapon)

Anchor - Easy
Shepardus - 67,197,920 - 5 - Normal - v1.1

Fixed - Easy
Shepardus - 86,411,450 - 5 - Normal - v1.1
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Removed skeleton boards because they looked bad.

Apparently, v1.1 added five new modes and Another difficulty. It also removed the Extra2 achievements for some reason, but I think Extra2 is still in the game. I thought v1.1 might have just been bugfixes, and I had no idea it added all this stuff until looking at it just now. I hope it's not like PatriotDark...
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Despatche wrote:Removed skeleton boards because they looked bad.

Apparently, v1.1 added five new modes and Another difficulty. It also removed the Extra2 achievements for some reason, but I think Extra2 is still in the game. I thought v1.1 might have just been bugfixes, and I had no idea it added all this stuff until looking at it just now. I hope it's not like PatriotDark...
"Another" is a special omnidirectional stage selectable through the practice menu (similar to boss rush), and it allows you to choose any difficulty and game mode (Anchor/Bomb/etc.) with it. I unlocked Piercing, Shift, Homing, Tail, and Loading modes by clearing the Another stage (cheesed through by bumping lives up to 9 and choosing a homing weapon).

Piercing mode is like Anchor except the anchor pierces enemies and anchors to all enemies that it hits instead of just the first target. Shift is like Bomb mode except the bomb seems to reposition bullets at an earlier point in their path and it recharges slightly more quickly (I'm not very clear on how this mode works). I'm not very clear on how Homing works either, but from what I gather, tapping the anchor button produces a very short and small flash and bullets in this flash will be converted to homing lasers that attack and create anchors on enemies. Tail is like Device except the device follows you on a tail, and pressing the anchor button fires a beam out of the end of the tail in the direction it's facing and the device locks on to enemies that the beam hits. Loading mode gives you some sort of charge attack that you charge by holding the anchor button, and what exactly the charge attack does depends on how many levels it's charged up.

Here's a score I got over the weekend:

Bomb - Normal
Shepardus - 135,089,550 - 3 - Normal - v1.1
I tried a bunch of times to beat Kasbe's score by exploiting a big cancel you can do after the stage 3 midboss, but after failing most of my runs and falling just a few million points short several times I decided I'd had enough (for now).

I'll save you from my scores for the five new modes I unlocked until I've played them more than once. I hope you like creating tables!
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Despatche

Re: ring^-27

Post by Despatche »

Thanks for the info! I haven't really been playing this, unfortunately.

New boards with a score in them are still better than skeletons.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

It's been a while.

Bomb - Normal
Shepardus - 140,271,280 - 4 - Normal - v1.1a

Piercing - Easy
Shepardus - 95,374,810 - 5 - Normal - v1.1a

All my scores above are also v1.1a, not v1.1. Doesn't make much of a difference though, I think v1.1a is just minor bugfixes on top of v1.1. The update isn't on DLsite for some reason - the updater and the changelog are here.

Edit:
Fixed - Easy
Shepardus - 131,326,300 - 5 - Normal - v1.1a

Bomb - Easy
Shepardus - 163,388,550 - 6 - Normal - v1.1a

By the way, fun tip: If you press V while hovering on top of a replay in the replay menu, it copies info about that replay to your clipboard, including all the info required for score submission here except stage and weapon. Very thoughtful of the dev.

Edit 2:
Circle - Extra
Shepardus - 357,362,500 - ALL - Mirror - v1.1a

Circle + Mirror is pretty silly: Circle reflects bullets while it's active, Mirror reflects bullets while it's not. As long as you never let go of the shot button and don't try to use the circle reflection with no energy (reflection doesn't work then) you can't be killed by bullets. In fact, the suicide bullets in Extra difficulty actually makes things easier because it gives you more to reflect with Mirror. Enemy collisions can still kill you, so that extra firepower helps. Also the circle doesn't seem to entirely work on homing bullets so I use mirror in those parts to be safe.

Even though the mode's trivial for survival, there is a bit of scoring you can do here. Collecting red crystals and medals increases the value of medals, but dying reduces those counts by a third. Red crystals also increase the value of bullet cancels. You can get big cancels by destroying a bunch of enemies to spawn their suicide bullets, and then activating circle and destroying an enemy to which you're anchored to cancel them all. Increasing rank increases the amount of blue or red crystals you get from destroying enemies, which lets you use the circle more (since more blue crystals = more energy), which is good for scoring since using circle lets you get more red crystals from enemies and also lets you cancel for red crystals. However, there aren't many safe places to increase rank since the way you do so is by keeping the circle active with no energy, which disables its reflective properties.

To establish a baseline I cleared the game once without using circle at all (except a little bit on the stage 2 boss, but that ended up hardly making a difference). Using only mirror I scored 146 million points, though that was marred by three deaths on stage 4 (wasn't prepared for swarms of enemies running into me...). With circle, I got the score posted above (357 million points), though that was with two deaths in stage 6 that probably lost me a significant amount of cashing in on high-value medals. I've seen two videos of Extra difficulty Mirror + Circle (which are also two of the three clears I've seen of Extra difficulty, the other being Bomb + Cannon), but this is higher-scoring than either of those (though not by much).

Edit 3:
Circle - Extra
Shepardus - 562,660,980 - ALL - Mirror - v1.1a

I found out that the maximum multiplier is 127.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Bomb - Normal
Shepardus - 187,029,330 - 5 - Normal - v1.1a

Realized you don't actually need high rank to get the big cancel after the stage 3 midboss (but you do need to be on a difficulty higher than Easy), so I did that and got a bit farther. Still inconsistent at killing the stage 3 midboss quickly and getting the cancel to cooperate.

I like the scoring system in this game - fairly simple and not bogged down by over-complicated formulas, but also with enough depth to reward thinking and experimentation. I suck a bit too much to pull off everything I have in mind, though. Would be nice if I weren't literally the only person to give this a shot.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Bomb - Easy
Shepardus - 244,088,770 - ALL - Normal - v1.1a

Old score
Spoiler
Circle - Easy
Shepardus - 128,476,890 - 6 - Normal - v1.1a

Every time I think I'm done with this game I remember something I want to try in some mode arrggghhhh

Edit:

Bomb - Normal
Shepardus - 256,913,450 - 5 - Normal - v1.1a

Circle - Easy
Shepardus - 173,472,040 - 6 - Normal - v1.1a
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Anchor - Easy
Shepardus - 96,291,980 - 6 - Normal - v1.1a

Didn't do so well on the stage 2 and 3 bosses, but the second half of the game is generally better for scoring anyway (both from there being lots of enemies and from the increased medal/cancel value you get from collecting items throughout the game).
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Anchor - Easy
CSF - 96,896,360 - 5 - Normal

I will fight you.

I'm still not 100% sure how to prioritise everything in this game. Right now I'm trying to build multiplier more than anything, then collecting medals for score/building value.

I've avoided leeching red gems to build value so far as my rank is bad enough as it is, and from what I can tell you gain about 5,500 red gems for 10 rank levels - not really worth it from what I can tell.

I'm also not sure what the "asist-off" or Ex settings do when you hit the C key on the Mode/Difficulty select screens.
Last edited by CStarFlare on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

CStarFlare wrote:Anchor - Easy
Shepardus - 96,896,360 - 5 - Normal

I will fight you.

I'm still not 100% sure how to prioritise everything in this game. Right now I'm trying to build multiplier more than anything, then collecting medals for score/building value.

I've avoided leeching red gems to build value so far as my rank is bad enough as it is, and from what I can tell you gain about 5,500 red gems for 10 rank levels - not really worth it from what I can tell.

I'm also not sure what the "asist-off" or Ex settings do when you hit the C key on the Mode/Difficulty select screens.
You should take a second look at the name you're using to submit the score. :wink:

What to prioritize depends on the mode - in Anchor-Easy, I would say medals are the most important part of scoring, so aside from particular sections that are especially lucrative for the anchor multiplier (e.g. the stage 2 boss), I focus on spawning and collecting medals without dying (dying will wreck your future scoring in any mode). Red crystals are nice to have, but medals will likely add more to the medal value than the red crystals will (for medal value increase, 1 medal = 100 red crystals). In Bomb mode, on the other hand, cancels are a much more important part of scoring. Anything with suicide bullets is going to have an increased focus on cancelling, but it's especially true in Bomb mode. This makes red crystals (which not only come from cancels, but also increase the value of cancels) the primary way to increase scoring rate.

I think the efficiency of leeching red crystals depends on the weapon and what you can hit with it. I haven't taken the time to measure each weapon, but Wide feels very good.

Pressing C on the mode select screen turns "Assist" on/off, which is the feature that colors bullets red when they're on a collision course with you. I'm not sure what the "Ex" settings are that you refer to - what version of the game are you playing?
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Ha. Laziness.

I think I'm still on 1.0 - got the game from DLSite and haven't gone over to get the 1.1 patch yet, partially because I want to see if Extra2 is a thing in 1.0. If I press C on the difficulty select, a little yellow EX appears in the lower corner - enemy patterns appear to be different, and I'm wondering if it just makes the overheat patterns that fire when you're anchored without blue gems always on. But I've really only played half of the first stage like that so I'm not at all sure that's what is actually going on.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Ah, interesting, I've never seen anything like that in 1.1!

Also, correction for Despatche: My Circle-Easy score (173,472,040) is not an ALL, it game-overs on the final boss in stage 6.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Anchor - Easy
CSF Not Shepardus - 110,481,770 - 6 - Normal

Not close to a clear, but it was nice to break the 100m barrier so comfortably. I'll have to figure out how to start scoring stage 5 and surviving stage 6, I guess.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Anchor - Easy
Shepardus - 112,588,860 - 6 - Normal - v1.1a

Content with this for now, but needless to say it can be much improved simply by not dying a billion times on stage 3.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

no more modessssss

I'm just glad to see Not Shepardus enter the boards.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Fixed - Easy
Shepardus - 158,295,420 - 6 - Normal - v1.1a

Someone better at shmups than me should play this because survival matters quite a bit (at least in the less outrageous modes) and I suck at surviving in this game. This one went pretty well until stage 5.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Circle - Easy
Shepardus - 179,008,490 - 6 - Normal - v1.1a

Last score in this game for a while (probably).

I have a love-hate relationship with this game. The scoring system is really satisfying, but I feel like the rest of the game hates me and won't let me actually score without dying all over the place.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube