Where to get microfiber sheets to cover your AV equipments?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lawfer

Where to get microfiber sheets to cover your AV equipments?

Post by Lawfer »

All I can find are small microfiber cloths that are just big enough to clean stuff, but can't find any microfiber cloth big enough to cover monitors and other AV equipment like receiver, consoles etc

Like I just measured, to cover 19" crt monitors, I would need a sheet that is 136cmx129cm.

Anybody know where to get any?
Thomago

Re: Where to get microfiber sheets to cover your AV equipmen

Post by Thomago »

May I ask: Why microfiber cloths? They are good for cleaning, all right, but why would you use them to cover equipment?
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Thomago wrote:May I ask: Why microfiber cloths? They are good for cleaning, all right, but why would you use them to cover equipment?
To avoid microscratching the equipments.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Look for a local textile wholesale company or a textile printing company in your country. If you get a few meters (like 10+) you can get nice custom prints on a material of your choice. If you can't find something in France, I might be able to recommend a company in Germany.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

Lawfer wrote:
Thomago wrote:May I ask: Why microfiber cloths? They are good for cleaning, all right, but why would you use them to cover equipment?
To avoid microscratching the equipments.
I don't think good old cotton will microscratch much of any material known to man....besides maybe soft foods like cheese... (not counting parmesan or romano, those will be safe with cotton as well).

Many of the old covers sold by equipment manufacturers were either made of thin semi-transparent vinyl, or if you were lucky a thicker vinyl with a fake nubuck liner of sorts.

I think you're majorly overthinking this.

**EDIT - if you really, really, want, I would look into car covers - they commonly have a microfiber type material lining the inside (to protest the clear coat and glass) and would give you a huge area to cut any size material you want. Also, sham-wow type shammy towels, or the towels which swimmers use to quickly dry off (also used for travel and camping) are also made of a microfiber type cloth and come in some pretty large sizes.
Last edited by Dochartaigh on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

I don't recall how I found this shop, but they make some really neat dust covers for a multitude of consoles. The material is simply described as "synthetic fabric", so I've no idea if it's microfiber like you want; but you could always send them an email and ask.