Far East of Eden Zero (SNES) - Making an English repro?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
cr4zymanz0r

Far East of Eden Zero (SNES) - Making an English repro?

Post by cr4zymanz0r »

So this game uses the SPC7110 enhancement chip which doesn't currently work on any flashcarts, so the only way to play the English fan translation on real hardware is to to make a repro out of the original game. Now I do have a spare cart of it, but there's a few unknowns.

1.) There's apparently 2 rom chips on the PCB https://snescentral.com/pcbboards.php?c ... C-LDH3C-01 . I don't know if one or both of these would need to be replaced for the English text, or how to properly split the rom to be programmed on the respective chip(s) (eprom?)
2.) The roms are surface mount. Has anyone made any nice adapters for SNES PCBs like this when making repros, or are we still stuck soldering individual wires from each pad to legs on an eprom to make a nasty squid of wires?
3.) I don't have any equipment to program eproms/flash chips/etc. that would be used :P
ASDR

Re: Far East of Eden Zero (SNES) - Making an English repro?

Post by ASDR »

Damn, I was under the impression that there's an uncompressed version that would work on the SD2SNES like for Star Ocean. The English translation is finished / good enough?
rama

Re: Far East of Eden Zero (SNES) - Making an English repro?

Post by rama »

Sometime back this was asked on reddit, I think. The conclusion is that the patched game is much bigger and would need an additional rom chip and extra mapping hardware. It's unfeasible to use the original cart, unfortunately.