RQ: 19XX stage 3 1UP

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
copy-paster

RQ: 19XX stage 3 1UP

Post by copy-paster »

I watched Smraedis 19XX run with shinden ship and he got a 1up from secret rocks during final section in stage 3, but everytime I tried shoot the rocks it always appear as a medal. Is there any certain requirements for this?

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/jXfywisvci8?t=3m16s
maximo310

Re: RQ: 19XX stage 3 1UP

Post by maximo310 »

On a older 19xx rq topic, i remember smraedis mentioning something about having 2 7's in your score, which he does have right before obtaining the 1up.

This replay from replayburners: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1aiNdVNCms) also shows a secret 1up item in stg 5 ( on the far left as you enter the factory), with 2 2's in the score. So my guess is that it has something to do w/ 2 repeating digits right next to each other. Not sure if you can get both during one run.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

I know that 1UP of stage 5, interestingly this does not have any requirements to get it. You can obtain that 1UP regardless of the score. Maybe he was playing the earlier USA version, hence the english text?
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

If you look at the highest scoring replays section ( RCA's replay), he is also able to get the 1up on stg3 and thats using the Japanese version of the game ( not sure if its the first jp version release or the later revision).
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Two digits of your score need to be the same number (they don't have to be next to each other) in order to uncover the extend in stage 3 and the one in stage 5 as well. It does not have to be a 7 necessarily for stage 5, but it appears to be the case for stage 3?
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Ok so in one random run I finally know how to get the st3 1up. Yes it requires to have 7s in same digit (e.g 3,077,000) and it does not have requirement to get st5 1up, you can obtain it everytime. AFAIK killing the red planes during the end are worth 1,100 pts. The chance to get this are pretty low so don't put high hopes in it.