framemeister issue losing signal Component

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
wyvernshill

framemeister issue losing signal Component

Post by wyvernshill »

Hello,

I'm using my ps2 slim on my framemeister with the official ps3 component cables and it always worked great.
Now i recently bought the game "Siren" Second hand and it is a bit scratched but after some (serious) cleaning it seems to work.

However after most levels when the game should ask to save, the framemeister suddenly loses signal and the tv seems to not get any signal at all from the framemeister either.
The only thing i can do at that point is to turn off the framemeister and then turn it on again.

Sometimes i can switch to another input after a while but when i switch back to component it doesn't recover.

It seems to only happen with that game. Is it a bad disk that makes my ps2 read too long and thus the framemeister times out ?

Can anyone else who has a framemeister and Siren test this out after a few levels ?

Thanks for any feedback.

Wyvern
bobrocks95

Re: framemeister issue losing signal Component

Post by bobrocks95 »

Are you feeding it through a component switch? It could be boosting the signal to the point that it causes de-syncs.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
wyvernshill

Post by wyvernshill »

No, the ps2 is directly connected through component cables into the framemeister itself.

Ofcourse the connection is done through a d-sub adapter that fits the framemeister.
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

wyvernshill wrote:Ofcourse the connection is done through a d-sub adapter that fits the framemeister.
Surely you mean D-Terminal here; the Framemeister does not have a DE-15/VGA port.
wyvernshill

Post by wyvernshill »

Yes of course, my mistake.
pyroman512

Post by pyroman512 »

Have you tried plugging directly into the tv if it has component? Composite into framemeister?

I'm not familiar with the game but I'm wondering if there's a resolution change when it goes to save. Causing the framemeister to go haywire. Though that usually takes like 8 seconds and you are good.