kit box dimensions - toaplan, raizing, cave, IC for repros

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
jugemscloud

kit box dimensions - toaplan, raizing, cave, IC for repros

Post by jugemscloud »

i had intended to make use of my Ba (painting and printmaking) by doing a run of kit box inspired t-shirts (these images are made from vectors that i prepared)-

but noticed that there was demand here for reproductions of the actual boxes the logos/layouts were from so thought 2 birds 1 stone and do these at the same time, however i need the dimensions of the text/logos also to make faithful reproductions, and those of each box type - length, width, and height and those of the inserts. these images demonstrate what i am looking for in the text/logos if anyone could supply these i would be extremely grateful.

my intention would be to mark the boxes internally with a small cloud logo so that people would know my reproductions from the real thing whilst not affecting the aesthetic, at the minute the priority is the specifics of the text to make the acetates to burn the screens as the boxes and inserts can be worked out when ordering those things. my intention would be for the t-shirts ready to order next week and the boxes on small scale pre-order to cover the cost of trying out inks and card types to get something that i think is of sufficiently high quality and not over order for materials on such a niche item.
Bananamatic

Re: kit box dimensions - toaplan, raizing, cave, IC for repr

Post by Bananamatic »

can you print me a cave box onahole
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

not with screen printing probably best to get that laser etched for longevity
sven666

Post by sven666 »

quite frankly, original cardboard boxes look like shit.

put some effort into making good looking custom boxes instead, replicas are only going to piss off collectors and no-one in their right mind will buy bootleg cardboard boxes and put on display (if you like the look you can get free cardboard at any grocery store).

take a look at the cave matsuri boxes for instance, they look amazing, i think you genuinly have a market for making something similar for the regular releases.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

sven666 wrote:replicas are only going to piss off collectors
where do I donate towards this product
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

sven666 wrote:quite frankly, original cardboard boxes look like shit.

put some effort into making good looking custom boxes instead, replicas are only going to piss off collectors and no-one in their right mind will buy bootleg cardboard boxes and put on display (if you like the look you can get free cardboard at any grocery store).

take a look at the cave matsuri boxes for instance, they look amazing, i think you genuinly have a market for making something similar for the regular releases.
all input is welcome, thanks. the last thread on here regarding this subject has several people stating they would be willing to purchase such items. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60038&hilit=cave+box+reproduction

having seen this i viewed this was an aside to doing the t-shirts and the work to make these is a minimal addition to that already done -i had made the vectors its just a case of scaling them to the appropriate size for the boxes. check the timeline of the upload dates of my images against the thread here where i seen it mentioned originally - https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic ... start=2080 - https://jugemscl0ud.imgur.com/all/#1

personally i would quite like to have my pcbs in replica boxes and view it as something akin to shock boxes for mvs although i see how the disparity in physical format between aes and mvs carts disallows them from being considered true bootlegs in this analogy being a point of contention.

as to the point of it pissing of collectors well surely the same could be said of all forms of reproduced art e.g. instructions sheets. pop, side art etc and that persons who do not have originals should just go without, and find it quite insidious the inference these items should be seen as investment pieces rather than the ephemera of an entertainment product and that the potential negative impact on the financial outlay of unnamed individuals is the primary concern. I also don't think that its really going to affect the pricing on authentic items given the fervour and pricing when such items do appear given the recent trends on yaj and that persons who are collecting such items would be aware of how to properly identify/authenticate such things or if not certainly should go to efforts to properly educated themselves on this subject when potentially spending 100s on shipping boxes.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

jugemscloud wrote:
as to the point of it pissing of collectors well surely the same could be said of all forms of reproduced art e.g. instructions sheets. pop, side art etc and that persons who do not have originals should just go without, and find it quite insidious the inference these items should be seen as investment pieces rather than the ephemera of an entertainment product and that the potential negative impact on the financial outlay of unnamed individuals is the primary concern. I also don't think that its really going to affect the pricing on authentic items given the fervour and pricing when such items do appear given the recent trends on yaj and that persons who are collecting such items would be aware of how to properly identify/authenticate such things or if not certainly should go to efforts to properly educated themselves on this subject when potentially spending 100s on shipping boxes.
yikes, way to go all lawyer even before the trial.

anyways, will bootleg boxes affect value on real boxes? - no
will bootleg boxes be used to scam people out of money - yes

since you brought up the neogeo, look at how bootlegging has plagued this community, people are being scammed for thousands left, right and center.. yet the value of confirmed genuine articles just keeps rising.
personally I have never cared for bootlegs (replicas, conversions, etc etc) or bootleggers, its a way to scam a few measly dollars out of something to which you have no right, people doing it make up all kinds of creative reasons to justify it, quite frankly i have more respect for someone just scamming people and admitting to it, the argument that "someone got scammed because they didnt educate themselves properly, they had it coming" is the true sign of a nefarious scammer.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

sven666 wrote: yikes, way to go all lawyer even before the trial.
yeah it hadn't started in your first post
sven666 wrote:"someone got scammed because they didnt educate themselves properly, they had it coming" is the true sign of a nefarious scammer.
but it does there. didn't take long eh? tip - quotations are supposed to contain actual statements not misrepresentations

I've been on arcade forums for 9 years and never once had any accusation of duplicity or scamming that accusation towards me by yourself is unwarranted and defamatory

i put across my view on the subject and spoke defensively due to obvious undertone that you spoke with, i did not state "they had it coming" but inferred that there is some culpability on the buyer not to throw money about stupidly particularly when dealing with items that can be relatively easily replicated, and i think that is a key aspect in your analogy with neogeo as to why it is so commonplace with those items
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

I agree with making a nicer looking box, imo the plain boxes are really boring, it doesnt even say what game is inside.
Then the coolest ones would be Futari BL and Kuro that has that small sticker on it that gives it some personality at least.

Making boxes that looks like the Mushi matsuri or AK limited, then we are talking about something that would look good on the shelf.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Allow me to refocus the thread by saying, if they're priced reasonably, I would potentially be interested in a Toaplan shirt.
yosai

Post by yosai »

FRO wrote:Allow me to refocus the thread by saying, if they're priced reasonably, I would potentially be interested in a Toaplan shirt.
I concur. I'd also be interested in an 8ing shirt. :D
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

cheers guys, the pricing should be around £20 plus postage.

i haven't put up pre-orders for these as i want to test on different brands of t-shirts and inks to make sure the product is good enough that i would be satisfied with it and that everything looks professional, and be able to show people images of the final item/print rather than rely on mock-ups and good faith.
Bishamon

Post by Bishamon »

Did these shirts ever end up getting made? I'd like one of the 8ing shirts. :)
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Yeah they look awesome, I'd definitely buy some.