Post your flavor of the month VG music

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
FinalBaton

Re: Post your flavor of the month VG music

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL wrote:Speaking of heavier stuff - one of Sakimoto/Iwata (and Furukawa!)'s more brutal MD compositions, Verytex's Boss BGM (Type 1).
Asmik-kun looks fucking speechless at all that dark agression being unleashed :mrgreen: probs shat himself too, lol
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

:lol:
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax
In delicious lossless format. :D
My favourite along with 99 and 2000.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

BRA★BRA FINAL FANTASY VII BRASS de BRAVO with Siena Wind Orchestra
These brass albums are pretty interesting. This one has a very cool medley of the Shinra themes and when the Weapons attack. Best track is Rufus' Welcome March.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

bois hit me up with some heavy, slow burn, brooding vgm tracks.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Squire Grooktook

All very nice! The last one in particular was the kind of slow intensity I was looking for!
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Jesus, Durandal, that's like a full playlist of exactly the kind of music Sumez would absolutely love, and I've probably only heard (or paid attention to) about half of them before. Did you pull them all out from your head, or did you save an archive of that stuff somewhere?
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1XqEyVowo
Metal Max Returns SFC - Battle With the Wanted
Just right... 8)
The original FC track sounds nice too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKqw9OO26Fg
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Man, I've played the crap out of Ghosts n Goblins, and never noticed how awesomely underrated the stage 3/4 music is! (it's always been in a noise arcade)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA0k35s71Bg
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Super Mario Odyssey Original Soundtrack
Well, shit! This one was well put together. I don't think it tops the soundtrack for Super Mario 3D World, but it's still great fun to listen to.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Squire Grooktook wrote:bois hit me up with some heavy, slow burn, brooding vgm tracks.
Shamefully late (haven't been around much the last fortnight), and Durandal nailed it, but I'd also mention the rumbling (yet subtly optimistic) Large Green Meadow from Master of Monsters (MD). Damn near Bad Omen levels of staggering heavy. Although not technically composed by Sakimoto/Iwata, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was! Quoting Dustin from the comments:
DUSTINODELLOFFICIAL wrote:Sakimoto did the FM/Genesis conversion. He didn't write the music, Matsuo did, but Sakimoto is responsible for its sound and technical expertise.
Also, one of the most subtly menacing tracks from Silent Hill's OST, "All." Blast the fucker loud, and don't you be scurred!
Squire Grooktook

^^^Master of Monsters ost is killer. Matsuo is pretty great in general, I even love some of his anime soundtrack stuff.

Also my personal pick for most disturbing SH1 track is "Never Again"

-

Also new recommendation time! Need some inspiration for the trpg situation I'm in. Battle music with operatic female vocals. Stuff like this, this, this, etc. hit me up if you got any you'd like to share <3

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Squire Grooktook wrote: Also new recommendation time! Need some inspiration for the trpg situation I'm in. Battle music with operatic female vocals. Stuff like this, this, this, etc. hit me up if you got any you'd like to share <3
"oh right, this is because she's an opera singer"
ditto
remix
obvious pick
too bad it doesn't extend all the way
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

BIL wrote:Shamefully late (haven't been around much the last fortnight), and Durandal nailed it, but I'd also mention the rumbling (yet subtly optimistic) Large Green Meadow from Master of Monsters (MD). Damn near Bad Omen levels of staggering heavy. Although not technically composed by Sakimoto/Iwata, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was! Quoting Dustin from the comments:
DUSTINODELLOFFICIAL wrote:Sakimoto did the FM/Genesis conversion. He didn't write the music, Matsuo did, but Sakimoto is responsible for its sound and technical expertise.
Would that be Dustin from ocremix?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Durandal wrote: obvious pick
And don't forget Adam

Amazing soundtrack that.
Squire Grooktook

Durandal wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote: Also new recommendation time! Need some inspiration for the trpg situation I'm in. Battle music with operatic female vocals. Stuff like this, this, this, etc. hit me up if you got any you'd like to share <3
"oh right, this is because she's an opera singer"
ditto
remix
obvious pick
too bad it doesn't extend all the way
Good picks! I'd say the NieR one fits the atmosphere of the situation best, due to its mournful tone. Fortress of Philosophy is great too, a bit too high flying outside of the vocals, but their sweetness captures the more hopeful side of the emotions at work in the battle.

Good stuff!

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

https://youtu.be/C_iaGf73Bq0
Toto's Africa in Mario Paint. Just right. :P
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

That's an incredibly expanded version of the Mario Paint composer :P You'd never be able to make something like that in Mario Paint.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez wrote:That's an incredibly expanded version of the Mario Paint composer :P You'd never be able to make something like that in Mario Paint.
I know.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

https://ocremix.org/info/VROOM:_Sega_Racing
https://soundcloud.com/ocremix/sets/vroom-sega-racing
Excellent OC Remix album of various tracks from Sega racing games. Stream and downloads on the above links.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Terminator 2: The Arcade Game (Mega Drive version)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... uDQxFko6Ys

Better than the original arcade version's BGM. Maybe Matt Furniss' best work of all. Anyone who says the MD cannot do good BGM needs to listen to this.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Excellent stuff! Sound quality's on par with the usual Japanese standouts from Sega, Tecno Soft, Konami etc. The crisp drum sound facilitates super-aggressive fills, and the lead voices are dominatingly keen without a hint of clang. Composition is no slouch either - agile and punchy with lots of hooks, nicely counterbalancing the dark overtone.

Left it running in the background while gaming elsewhere, had to come and post once it hit Mission 5's mecha-funk groove and richly sustained evil refrain. Mission 4's spiralling techno-oriental lead could've come straight from The Super Shinobi II... Mission 3 is a like a slower, unhurriedly menacing Trap Boogie. Actually much of the OST has that particular funk/menace vibe - TSSII fans should definitely give it a listen. Boss track is a winningly catchy threatener.

The MD's stash of killer Japan-produced music is well-known in this thread and related ones like stryc9's - always good to get a reminder Western devs could make it sing too. :smile:

EDIT:
soprano1 wrote:
BIL wrote:Shamefully late (haven't been around much the last fortnight), and Durandal nailed it, but I'd also mention the rumbling (yet subtly optimistic) Large Green Meadow from Master of Monsters (MD). Damn near Bad Omen levels of staggering heavy. Although not technically composed by Sakimoto/Iwata, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was! Quoting Dustin from the comments:
Would that be Dustin from ocremix?
Doh! Double shamefully late. No idea tbh - I just know him as that dude that uploads SHAWEET hardware rips of MD music.
Last edited by BIL on Sat May 12, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Gunlock Theme - GUNGRAVE OST

God Damn! Can you dig it?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdu2xQVBwdI

BIL

Post by BIL »

Action/platformer Youkai Club (FC) is obscure for good reason - it is bland as fuuuck. However, it has some decent tunes, and more importantly - it inspired this ABSOLUTE MOTHERFUCKING BELTER of a VRC6 fan arrangement. Image Would love to hear this rocking a decent game.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

https://ocrecords.bandcamp.com/album/tangledeep-arrange
Wonderful arranged soundtrack of a game called Tangledeep, which I know nothing about.
FRO

Post by FRO »

BIL wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:bois hit me up with some heavy, slow burn, brooding vgm tracks.
Shamefully late (haven't been around much the last fortnight), and Durandal nailed it, but I'd also mention the rumbling (yet subtly optimistic) Large Green Meadow from Master of Monsters (MD). Damn near Bad Omen levels of staggering heavy. Although not technically composed by Sakimoto/Iwata, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was! Quoting Dustin from the comments:
Also, one of the most subtly menacing tracks from Silent Hill's OST, "All." Blast the fucker loud, and don't you be scurred!
I've been jamming a lot of the soundtracks on DUSTINODELLOFFICIAL YT channel lately, but not this one yet. "Large Green Meadow" is quite ominous - good stuff.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

BIL wrote:Action/platformer Youkai Club (FC) is obscure for good reason - it is bland as fuuuck. However, it has some decent tunes, and more importantly - it inspired this ABSOLUTE MOTHERFUCKING BELTER of a VRC6 fan arrangement. Image Would love to hear this rocking a decent game.
Yone2008 is pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQJYslEhuAc
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGyBJ-6BDBA
Nice Latin Jazz remix of Simon's Theme from Super Castlevania IV.