BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
guigui

Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

Post by guigui »

It looks like the Limited Run Games version will be a reality. Full english physical release :

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/stat ... 4832517122
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

guigui wrote:It looks like the Limited Run Games version will be a reality. Full english physical release :

This whole Limited Run things is a huge turn off. Almost every time I want to buy a game its gone. I don't have time to sit at the computer and wait for it to be released and I'm not interested in buying from scalpers either.

Sad :(
guigui

Post by guigui »

For sure, when you want a game from Limited Run, you have to be sitting at your computer when it gets sold.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

I've not had any problems thus far getting the games I want from limited run, but yeah, you definitely have to be there right when they go up. Strangely enough, the times I've looked at them, it's usually their 10AM est batches that sell out quickly, the later 6pm batches tend to at least last a little longer. Definitely gonna try to snag this release then. :mrgreen:
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

I really hope this leads to all of the other games being released. The plus side is that M2 will make quick sales and hopefully it will fund more development.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Tokyo-J wrote:I really hope this leads to all of the other games being released. The plus side is that M2 will make quick sales and hopefully it will fund more development.
why not sell it at insane markup in the first place if it sells out fast and people are going to scalp it anyways
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Bananamatic wrote:
Tokyo-J wrote:I really hope this leads to all of the other games being released. The plus side is that M2 will make quick sales and hopefully it will fund more development.
why not sell it at insane markup in the first place if it sells out fast and people are going to scalp it anyways
What would be even better is LE printing a ton more copies so enough people who want it can snag a copy for themselves at a reasonable price.

I know it defeats the purpose of having a "Limited" amount of copies available but I'd rather have everyone get a copy than have bragging rights.

It's funny I actually manage to snag Senko Ronde 2 off them. They had the regular cover art and a special PAX cover art available. The PAX cover art was Limited and that sold out in like a few mins. Where as the regular cover art didn't sell out until who knows how much later.

They could easily print more copies of the game while reserving a set amount for some sort of special cover art or even Limited Edition.

This most likely will solve the problem. People who want to own the game can get a copy and those who want the bragging rights of having something limited also get what they want...[if they can snag one]
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Shelcoof wrote:
guigui wrote:It looks like the Limited Run Games version will be a reality. Full english physical release :

This whole Limited Run things is a huge turn off. Almost every time I want to buy a game its gone. I don't have time to sit at the computer and wait for it to be released and I'm not interested in buying from scalpers either.

Sad :(
I feel like we're going to wind up with a million different games that only have 3000 copies, but most are garbage. Feels like trading cards or comics when they went to shit.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

brentsg wrote:Feels like trading cards
but that's exactly what shmups are these days
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

brentsg wrote: I feel like we're going to wind up with a million different games that only have 3000 copies, but most are garbage. Feels like trading cards or comics when they went to shit.
It's the collectors mindset. If it wasn't for people wanting bragging rights most of these garbage games wouldn't be selling much at all.

The good thing is that Limited Run aren't the only publishers. Example Wonder Boy was published at least 3 times physically. Limited Run had a go then it was Nicolas. There was also an Asian release as well.

If it wasn't for other publisher I never would have been able to pick up the Physical of Wonder Boy III at all.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Shelcoof wrote:
brentsg wrote: I feel like we're going to wind up with a million different games that only have 3000 copies, but most are garbage. Feels like trading cards or comics when they went to shit.
It's the collectors mindset. If it wasn't for people wanting bragging rights most of these garbage games wouldn't be selling much at all.

The good thing is that Limited Run aren't the only publishers. Example Wonder Boy was published at least 3 times physically. Limited Run had a go then it was Nicolas. There was also an Asian release as well.

If it wasn't for other publisher I never would have been able to pick up the Physical of Wonder Boy III at all.
The worst part about the mindset is that when they do preorders instead of BUY NOW IN 5 MINUTES OR MISS OUT FOREVER, they often sell less copies. :(
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
pmp

Post by pmp »

brentsg wrote:The worst part about the mindset is that when they do preorders instead of BUY NOW IN 5 MINUTES OR MISS OUT FOREVER, they often sell less copies. :(
Ya, a good number of their customers seem to buy the games just to collect them all. Some people will hoard anything I guess.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Of course the lucrative appeal of LRG is to collect a set as full as possible, keep it closed, then resell in 20 years. Who can blame people for that ?

I tend to like LRG games even though I'm not buying everything, 2 positive reasons :
- Games chosen are not total trash, people there have some old school tastes : Nex Machina, Wonderboy, Darius CS, many more.
- Battle Garegga by M2, on physical, in English. Damned, 4 good things in a single sentence. Just try to be here when it sells, or find someone who can for you.
Geist

Post by Geist »

Hey.

Is the Korean version identical to the Japanese release (code/game wise)?
cheers
zakk

Post by zakk »

Geist wrote:Hey.

Is the Korean version identical to the Japanese release (code/game wise)?
Yes. There's no gameplay changes between the various regional releases
Geist

Post by Geist »

zakk wrote: Yes. There's no gameplay changes between the various regional releases
Nice, thank you. //
Wish you guys a quality winter holiday time. :D
cheers
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

I have a newb question, and hopefully someone is nice enough to answer it.
I've been thinking of getting myself a Playstation 4, I'm from Sweden so I will get a PAL console, how hard is it to get this from the Playstation store?
And will it work on PAL consoles? I guess this and the other STG trigger ones are similar and that the new Ketsui release is the same?

Hopefully this is not breaking the thread all too much :)
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

z0mbie90 wrote:I have a newb question, and hopefully someone is nice enough to answer it.
I've been thinking of getting myself a Playstation 4, I'm from Sweden so I will get a PAL console, how hard is it to get this from the Playstation store?
And will it work on PAL consoles? I guess this and the other STG trigger ones are similar and that the new Ketsui release is the same?

Hopefully this is not breaking the thread all too much :)
PS4 is region free. If you want digital and by from JPN, you need to create JPN PSN account on you PS4 (second account, you still want to have your normal one), google for instructions (helps, because the process is in Japanese mostly).

You cannot buy directly in JPN store with your local credit card or paypal and because of that you need a buy a JPN PSN gift card with enough value in yen to buy the games you want from the JPN PSN store (again, google helps to find sites which you can do this, example G2A). Redeem the card in jpn PSN store and buy the games you want and download. Then you can play those with your main account too, though a lot of the text, menu's are in Japanese.

I think Garegga and Dangun Feveron are available also from US store, in English (at least it's so for Xbox one), but same instructions apply for that too.. Other M2 releases, Ketsui and Mahou Daisakusen are available only in JPN PSN (which I just bought as described above and I'm from Finland, so your country neighbour).

Or you can import Garegga physical edition, should work too.

Instructions for Xbox One would be quite similar than this (there you need to switch your console locale to the target country to download the game, but you can switch back after that and the game continues to work).

For all current gen consoles this is relatively straightforward, the main annoyance is that you need to buy those gift cards instead just paying directly for the purchase.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Cheers, have to look into it some then :D
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

z0mbie90 wrote:Cheers, have to look into it some then :D
Hi, i have the physical versions of Garegga and Ketsui for PS4. They are worth getting, been playing Ketsui the most. I am not an expert with these games but the difficulty levels can be pitched for beginners (like me) and experts.

I used a guide on youtube for setting up a JPN account. It was quite easy and took only 10 minutes or so. Anything downloaded can be used across all accounts.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Did a physical US copy ever come out? I know about the Korean version, but LRG twitter was quotes a year ago saying they have "something" locked in, but I guess it wasn't BG?
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

XtraSmiley wrote:Did a physical US copy ever come out? I know about the Korean version, but LRG twitter was quotes a year ago saying they have "something" locked in, but I guess it wasn't BG?
That's a negative. There was never any follow-up from LRG.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Koa Zo wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:Did a physical US copy ever come out? I know about the Korean version, but LRG twitter was quotes a year ago saying they have "something" locked in, but I guess it wasn't BG?
That's a negative. There was never any follow-up from LRG.
Thanks for the reply. That's sort of weird. I guess I'll grab the Korean version, it's on sale from PlayAsia if anyone else wants it.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Damn, I wish I didn't want this LE, but I am a person who would be into having Garegga soundtrack on vinyl so I might have to bite...

I asked them on twitter which soundtrack is included on the CD and Vinyl - not sure if it's the original, stereo arrange, Saturn arrange, 2016 remix, etc. We'll see if they reply.
guigui wrote:Of course the lucrative appeal of LRG is to collect a set as full as possible, keep it closed, then resell in 20 years. Who can blame people for that ?
I can't imagine there will be an real/profitable market for a full set of LRG releases once the hoarders try to sell. As it is now, LRG's games sell out instantly, and just as quickly they flood secondhand/online stores and just sit there unsold at inflated prices. Outside of a small handful of higher profile releases that people are into (Night Trap, Oddworld, etc.), most of these are going to be hard to unload for any profit... which makes the hoarding/speculating even more distasteful to me for some reason.
brentsg wrote:I feel like we're going to wind up with a million different games that only have 3000 copies, but most are garbage. Feels like trading cards or comics when they went to shit.
Yes, this.
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

CloudyMusic wrote:Official Limited Run announcement: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 0774563840
Thanks for the heads-up!

I might get the standard edition, but I've never bought from them - how does it work? Will I have to stay glued to the PC and keep refreshing their site the whole day until it goes up for sale? :?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

the start time is fixed. 4pm for us over here in Europe. 2nd batch at midnight. But you should be on time. These will sell out within minutes.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, it took them long enough, but yeah, expecting this will sell out from LRG very quickly.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

^^ Thanks Fudoh. That's reasonable.

I'm among those that don't like LRG's business model that much, but better give money to them than to some scalper.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Well, it took them long enough, but yeah, expecting this will sell out from LRG very quickly.
Coming soon to an Ebay listing near you!
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*