Under Defeat HD

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
2dvertical

Re: Under Defeat HD

Post by 2dvertical »

Is this game playable with an arcade stick or is it a twin stick shooter?
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

2dvertical wrote:Is this game playable with an arcade stick or is it a twin stick shooter?
It works with an arcade stick.
pmp

Post by pmp »

Is Rising Star's 360 release comparable with the PS3?
I'd prefer to get the 360 release for convenience, but reading through the thread makes it sound like it had a bunch of problems.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

2dvertical wrote:Is this game playable with an arcade stick or is it a twin stick shooter?
To clarify, the game is designed to be played with an arcade stick, but I believe the New Order widescreen mode does allow you to setup and play with twin sticks.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

pmp wrote:Is Rising Star's 360 release comparable with the PS3?
I'd prefer to get the 360 release for convenience, but reading through the thread makes it sound like it had a bunch of problems.
I 1cc'd the 360 version, and the only problem I noticed was the awful slowdown on one phase of the final boss. Pretty annoying, but also reasonably easy to play around. There might be some other issues or inaccuracies that I didn't notice because I only played the DC version like once.

Actually: I didn't watch it, but looks like Kiken did a comparison video some time back: https://youtu.be/jmoUUJek2ZA
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
pmp

Post by pmp »

Thanks for the info.
From what I can tell, the 360 version still has slowdown in tate, but looks ok in yoko; and the ps3 version is fine in both. Correct me if I'm wrong.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

pmp wrote:Thanks for the info.
From what I can tell, the 360 version still has slowdown in tate, but looks ok in yoko; and the ps3 version is fine in both. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I only played in TATE, and only on 360, but from what I've read from other people the slowdown is exclusive to tate on the 360. I have heard at some point that the PS3 version is even worse than the 360 version, but that might be outdated info or just plain wrong info. IDK.
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

ケツイ wrote:Which version is better? 360 or PS3?
I don't want to create any kind of polemic here, but as owner of both versions, I conclude that the version for Xbox 360 is remarkably superior than PS3 version, mainly because the Xbox 360 version has a much smaller amount of slowdowns than the PS3 version. So if someone also has both consoles and is in doubt about which version to purchase, I recommend get the Xbox 360 version.

The exaggerated slowdowns present in the PS3 version definitely don't please me and to my understanding they harm the fluency of the game. In the graphic aspect, the version for Xbox 360 also pleases me more, already in the sound department I think that both are equivalent. The only real advantage I see from the PS3 version is the controller, because I like much more to play shmups with Dualshock 3 than with the Xbox 360 wireless controller.

In short: the Xbox 360 version is the winner.